FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 - Yotaphone 2

491 posts
Thanks Meter: 329
 
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2017, 06:06 PM |#301  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseffects

Sildeload needs to happen on stock recovery, root is not intended. Perhaps you need to start with a fresh Lollipop installation, updated to version 134, then sideload 1.1.31

thanks!

It worked!
 
 
19th March 2017, 12:14 PM |#302  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Downgrade to MM 1.1.28
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseffects

Sildeload needs to happen on stock recovery, root is not intended. Perhaps you need to start with a fresh Lollipop installation, updated to version 134, then sideload 1.1.31

After upgrading to MM 1.1.31 , the e-ink screen become worse than lollipop RU 1.1.134

It became very slow , washout and poor contrast

Can I downgrade to MM 1.1.28 or 1.1.30 ?
19th March 2017, 03:37 PM |#303  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
IS someone here how has 5.0.0-HK1.1.66.zip installed? I want to know if he has the same problem like other Android 5 lollipop Roms with radio inadequacy! I'm interested in someone who has not installed other ROM-s with chinese Radio just a single Firmwares how it is on ftp://fw.ydevices.com/.
19th March 2017, 09:44 PM |#304  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibra727

After upgrading to MM 1.1.31 , the e-ink screen become worse than lollipop RU 1.1.134

It became very slow , washout and poor contrast

Can I downgrade to MM 1.1.28 or 1.1.30 ?

Marshmallow is still under development, so bugs may found. You can simply flash stock Lollipop firmware, do remember to flash userdata when prompted. MM should be relatively more responsive once it's stable, though it still can't defeat the fluidity that Kitkat offers.
The Following User Says Thank You to glasseffects For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glasseffects Ad-Free
20th March 2017, 03:52 PM |#305  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
OTA Updates
Hi! MM is coming soon and I was wondering if I can get it OTA if my Y206 is changed to Y201, rooted, bootloader unlock, TWRP, Xposed?
20th March 2017, 07:05 PM |#306  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I'm running 1.1.30 (looks like I'd need to unroot for 1.1.31?) and it's a little bit more responsive. However there are certain bugs that will likely cause me to switch back to lollipop until the official release comes around:

(1) The main problem is that the EPD screen is too bright/washed out now. It also occassionally starts flickering like crazy when there's a lot of activity on the screen. It's still usable but it's not a good experience. Anyone know of a way to tweak contrast/brightness on the EPD screen?

(2) More often than not, the "swipe up" gesture to unlock the EPD screen just doesn't work. This drives me a bit nuts because I like to minimize my usage of physical buttons on smartphones to preserve their longevity.
The Following User Says Thank You to asdfffffdsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfffffdsa Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 10:33 AM |#307  
borekon's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanchri

Hi! MM is coming soon and I was wondering if I can get it OTA if my Y206 is changed to Y201, rooted, bootloader unlock, TWRP, Xposed?

yes, but having modified the system partition, it will throw an error. You will have to flash manually
The Following User Says Thank You to borekon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift borekon Ad-Free
23rd March 2017, 08:15 PM |#308  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borekon

yes, but having modified the system partition, it will throw an error. You will have to flash manually

Thanks, no need to unroot?
29th March 2017, 02:24 AM |#309  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, Im pretty new to yotaphone =) I would like to know if its install xposed for MM.

anyone tried it? There is anything besides flash it? Im installed MM via TWRP

Thanks in advance
29th March 2017, 10:27 AM |#310  
Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
The official Android 6 for our Yotaphone 2 was announced today by Yota Devices on VK (Russian "Facebook")!

https://vk.com/yota.devices?w=wall-58332677_42867
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michael.santos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michael.santos Ad-Free
29th March 2017, 10:31 AM |#311  
TheArt.'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan, at the moment
Thanks Meter: 329
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.santos

The official Android 6 for our Yotaphone 2 was announced today by Yota Devices on VK (Russian "Facebook")!

https://vk.com/yota.devices?w=wall-58332677_42867

Yes! As of now the OTA will come to RU firmwares, I suppose EU will follow in the next weeks or days.

I will update this thread accordingly, removing the beta stuff and making it the place of discussion about MM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheArt. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheArt. Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
marshmellow, official, update, yotaphone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes