Yotaphone 2 Marshmellow E-Ink screen locks in Navigation app - worked in Lollipop

Search This thread

zaphodmuc

Dec 1, 2012
Hello everybody,

last week I updated my Yotaphone 2 (HK Version, with HK Radio and russian firmware) OTA to Marshmellow, worked like a charm, everything is good... except one thing, that is why I use the Yotaphone 2, I have an outdoor navigation app which I display on the e-ink screen. This app prevents the screen to be locked, and that worked on Lollipop, I could use it for hours without having to unlock the screen.

Now it stopped working; I have this Sleep setting in the display settings screen "YotaMirror in Sleep State" (sorry I am translating to english here...) I am not sure if this setting existed before, but it seems that after the here configured time, YotaMirror will stop and display the Yota Panel again. Unfortunately, I cannot set this to "never" (just between 1 and 30min) and it seems that the android integration of my nav app, which prevents the phone from going into sleep, does not affect this setting (anymore - it worked on Lollipop)

Can somebody give me a hint? Maybe there is some internal setting where I can set the YotaMirror timeout to 0? This has pretty much completely taken the point out of the yotaphone for my application.... :(

Thanks in advance!

Matthias

zaphodmuc

Dec 1, 2012
Thanks Tippfehler,

that was new to me, and it worked!

Two observations:

- The scaling of my app now is different - screen content that fits entirely onto the OLED Screen and fits if I then mirror the app, (the screen is very configurable in my App), will have a part covered by the "Triangle/Circle/Mirror" Bar at the bottom, so I had to re-align the screen items, but that's OK, just curious and maybe not wanted.

- My app also adds a three-dot-menu into this bottom bar - when I click it, the options dialogue (Navigation, Tracklogs, Adjust, Settings, End App) opens, but the screen in the same moment is locked (the circle gets its lock symbol), that most probably also is unwanted behaviour. Does not bother me tooo much right now...

For everybody who, as me, did not know the "shortcut on the e-ink screen" means: -> YotaHub, add the app starter gadget in one Panel, there you can configure three apps to be started directly from the panel.

Thanks again and best regards!

Matthias

MacDony

Oct 23, 2017
Tuffalun
Hello,
If it helps anyone, I've solved the problem of putting the e-ink screen to sleep by putting my GPS apps into the YOTAHUB by adding the Quick Application Launcher.
Denis.

Bonjour,
Si ça peut aider quelqu'un, j'ai résolu le problème de mise en veille de l'ecran e-ink en mettant mes applications GPS dans le YOTAHUB en ajoutant le Lanceur rapide d'application.
Denis.

gorgioff

Apr 25, 2019
Just managed to solve the problem on my YD201/Android 6.0.1 using the app automate by llamalab. It did not want to interact with my favourite app (xcSoar), but was at least able to push the home button sounding an alarm. From the home screen I can easily return to my navigation app. This will be noted as user interaction. The script is running in the background and will push the home button in time before the screen time-out limit is reached.

mdgf

Jan 6, 2017
howto, please...

Just managed to solve the problem on my YD201/Android 6.0.1 using the app automate by llamalab. It did not want to interact with my favourite app (xcSoar), but was at least able to push the home button sounding an alarm. From the home screen I can easily return to my navigation app. This will be noted as user interaction. The script is running in the background and will push the home button in time before the screen time-out limit is reached.
XCSoar user and glider pilot here as well, suffering from occasional time-outs. I installed the automate app but would need advise what you did exactly. Could you write a short howto, please?

gorgioff

Apr 25, 2019
@mdgf, post #9: You may download my very basic script from the Llamalab Automate Community website. It's named yotaphoneNavSupport and unfortunately has been stored in the business category. You may wish to change the alarm sound or the waiting time, what can be done easily by simply modifying the flow.

Glad there are more yotaphones flying high!

Top Liked Posts