FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Yotaphone 2 (YD 206 from China) - can't flash any firmware apart from CN one

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By himars, Junior Member on 2nd February 2016, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've got a yotaphone YD206 from China. tried to flash the latest firmware RU 1.87 with offical yotaphne flasher , it seems ok on my laptop, but after reboot, it stucked in a boot loop (shows android logo, then black screen). I did a few times restart, still not working. I can get to the "Downloading" screen via power + vol down key.

I've also tried using the Yotaphone flasher to flash the other full android images, such as EU, HK ones, which all downloaded from the flasher menu "option 2" - this also looked like everything was OK on the laptop, but didn't seem to change anything on the phone once the process was complete. it always went to stuck in the bright android logo.

Finally, when I tried to flash the CN version, the phone went live again.

Is there anything I'm did wrong or anything else I can try? really want to have the original EU or RU Lollipop......Any help much appreciated!

also , after flashed the new CN version, the e-link back screen look fine but it doesn't response at all to swip up unlock. I can only use the power off key to unlock it. Any idea ? this is a brand new one , I only had it for a few days. it doesn't look like a hardware problem.

5th February 2016, 05:33 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I just got the same problem as you.
Tried HK 5.0 RU 5.0 etc..., no firmware is flashable by my YD206. I found when the YT-flasher load the system.img, it reported error, but other .img files were good. I could select Y to continue flashing, but it just turned out to failure as you described. Whether it has something with this?
Anyone could help, appreciated!

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Another guess, My YD206 is rooted. It may has something with the failure?
14th February 2016, 10:42 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Maybe unlock bootloader can do? I'm just guessing.
17th February 2016, 10:13 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Great! I just solved the problem.
THe root cause is system.img is too big for my PC memory. So I just type THe manual command below to flash The system.img and it turned out ok.
fastboot.exe flash -S 512M system firmware/system.img

Sent from my YD201 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xingshi356 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xingshi356 Ad-Free
8th September 2016, 11:12 AM |#5  
Frederiksværk
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingshi356

[...]
Sent from my YD201 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi.
One quick question - have you flashed your YD206 with European firmware and now it appears as YD201 (including LTE bands b7/b20) ...or you just have YD201 too?

EDIT: In other words - is it possible to flash YD206 with firmware for YD201?
9th September 2016, 03:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_gee

Hi.
One quick question - have you flashed your YD206 with European firmware and now it appears as YD201 (including LTE bands b7/b20) ...or you just have YD201 too?

EDIT: In other words - is it possible to flash YD206 with firmware for YD206?

I've received YD 206 version from Tinydeal today and it successfully upgraded from 4.4.3-HK firmware to latest 5.0 EU.
Model is now shown as YD 201 instead of 206.

Edit: LTE bands are the same as were before the upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to veper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veper Ad-Free
10th September 2016, 02:46 AM |#7  
Flag barcelona
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by veper

I've received YD 206 version from Tinydeal today and it successfully upgraded from 4.4.3-HK firmware to latest 5.0 EU.
Model is now shown as YD 201 instead of 206.

Edit: LTE bands are the same as were before the upgrade.

How did you upgrade it? I bought the same device from Tinydeal, I have YD206, then in Device Information it isn't "Check Update" option.
How did you use the yotaflasher for do it?
Which firmware did you download?
did you bought the CN version?

yd206

Thanks for your attention
10th September 2016, 09:43 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
There is no Update option under Settings in version 4.4.3 (CN version YD-206).

You have to manually upgrade - download Yota Flasher from their ftp server first: ftp://fw.ydevices.com/YotaPhone2/YotaPhoneFlasher/
Install the Flasher onto your PC.
Then you have to have USB drivers installed and put the phone into Download mode (power it off, then power it on by pressing Power button + Vol Down button simultaneously).
Start the Yota Flasher on your PC, make it download latest FW for the Region you choose and lastly make it flash the new fw to your phone.
Reboot the phone and wait about 5 minutes and there comes your Lollipop setup screen.

Hope that helps.

Edit: I've installed EU version 5.0.0-EU1.1.124b (the latest that was offered by Yota Flasher) and now in Lollipop the phone also has the Update option under Settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to veper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veper Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 11:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
For me YotaFlasher was failing to do the job and left the phone in a boot loop but then I used fastboot, flashed each partition separately (with a command for chopping system.img into chunks as xingshi356 described a few posts above) and now it smoothly runs the latest RU firmware

Just to mention one thing, make sure you have installed drivers from Yotaflasher folder because otherwise Windows takes something random that doesn't work.

I have this phone since yesterday and it is phenomenal, absolutely worth its current discount price.
The Following User Says Thank You to Electropherogram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Electropherogram Ad-Free
12th September 2016, 10:08 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can't flash YD 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electropherogram

For me YotaFlasher was failing to do the job and left the phone in a boot loop but then I used fastboot, flashed each partition separately (with a command for chopping system.img into chunks as xingshi356 described a few posts above) and now it smoothly runs the latest RU firmware

Just to mention one thing, make sure you have installed drivers from Yotaflasher folder because otherwise Windows takes something random that doesn't work.

I have this phone since yesterday and it is phenomenal, absolutely worth its current discount price.

Hello Electropherogram,
Can you help me, I tried to flash my YD206 with Yotaflasher, but it's desn't work. I tried with fastboot but it's doesn't work to, I havewriting 'system'...FAILED ( remote: Unkknow chunk type).
Can you help me, can you tell me the command I must to write.

Thank you very much

New: I tried again to flash and now I didn't connect my phone, I lost boot to "downling..." It boot and stay with "Powered by android". I can't power off.
12th September 2016, 08:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manu3556

Hello Electropherogram,
Can you help me, I tried to flash my YD206 with Yotaflasher, but it's desn't work. I tried with fastboot but it's doesn't work to, I havewriting 'system'...FAILED ( remote: Unkknow chunk type).
Can you help me, can you tell me the command I must to write.

Thank you very much

New: I tried again to flash and now I didn't connect my phone, I lost boot to "downling..." It boot and stay with "Powered by android". I can't power off.

I had similar messages and many attempts. Summarising, I did the following:

-I found a thread on using fastboot (I never heard about it before… I’m definitely not an expert!) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277112
-I unzipped the archive with firmware in the location of the program
-I plugged the phone in downloading mode
-I checked in device manager if it is detected as “Android Composite ADB Interface - fastboot”
-I entered the basic commands for erasing and flashing every partition as described in fastboot thread on XDA with one exception for system.img – I typed something like “fastboot flash -S 512M system system.img” so it was uploaded in parts.
-I restarted the phone and after about 10 minutes it was ready to go.

You may need to charge your phone as the energy goes away very quickly even when connected via USB.

I hope that helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Electropherogram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Electropherogram Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)