FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

App / widget suggestions / wanted for e-ink back screen

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By kam1962, Member on 2nd February 2016, 03:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all thought i would start the ball rolling with this so hopefully some might look at development.
yota not releasing the phone in usa has in my opinion stopped a lot of development happening for the e-ink display.
yota themselves appear? not to be coming up with anything useful for the screen too --- guess its concentrating on the yota3 (dont think i will be purchasing)

i bought the phone because of its e-ink screen and i would like to see :-
  • a widget that has a countdown to a google calendar date in days / hours (minutes but not necessary) which updates on a daily / hour basis
anyone else have any wishes?

16th February 2016, 10:58 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
come on people add some wishes / requests please. might be only way to get more apps???
25th February 2016, 08:25 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
an refresh e-ink / back screen app / shortcut / widget would be nice for usable on both screens? -(a lot of times my e-ink display gets messed up)
The Following User Says Thank You to kam1962 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kam1962 Ad-Free
19th June 2016, 01:16 PM |#4  
Flag Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is that possible the e-ink screen support spotify?
10th August 2016, 05:43 PM |#5  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 11

More
a Facebook message stream would be cool too
4th October 2016, 09:49 PM |#6  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I would like to have an improved communication bar allowing me to select which SMS and Email apps are used. I would prefer Facebook Messanger as SMS app and Outlook for Emails.
I would also like to see an app-launcher widget for 4 apps in a row (without name underneath).
24th October 2016, 03:22 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I would love an app that did:

1. Turn the front screen off and just have everything running in mirror mode on the back screeen.
2. Had quick toggle on the volume key for fast monochrome and slow greyscale mode.
3. Work with both android 4 and 5.
17th November 2016, 04:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What about a panel that just shows one twitter tag or user?
13th January 2017, 08:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'd like a widget for the e-ink panel that mimics the notification panel that drops down in the main screen. ie, all notifications with preview as is shown normally in drop down.

BTW, is there any place where I could found info on how to program apps for the e-ink screen?
The Following User Says Thank You to jacalvo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jacalvo Ad-Free
14th January 2017, 12:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacalvo

I'd like a widget for the e-ink panel that mimics the notification panel that drops down in the main screen. ie, all notifications with preview as is shown normally in drop down.

BTW, is there any place where I could found info on how to program apps for the e-ink screen?

Pretty much the only source for building apps for the back screen is Yota's developer page:
https://yotaphone.com/developer/docs...first-app-epd/

I also listed some tips in my post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/yot...lbelt-t3145462
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeopardy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jeopardy Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 02:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
native app whtsapp for epd screen like telegram.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

waze native epd screen too!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)