FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did this guide help you???

Yes
 
30 Vote(s)
73.17%
No
 
11 Vote(s)
26.83%

[10.2.2015][TUTORIAL][how to root yu yureka][noob friendly][Only for Kitkat 32bit]

151 posts
Thanks Meter: 149
 
By aashking, Senior Member on 16th January 2015, 07:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all Yu Yureka lovers!!!

Explore the seemless possiblities by ROOTING your Yu Yureka!!!

This guide helps you to "Unlock Bootloader", "Flash Custom Recovery" and "Gain Root Access"

*Things you needed: Laptop or Desktop with windows OS (not tested in other OS), USB Data cable, ADB and Fastboot Drivers( you can find these here or here extract these file in c:\ of your laptop/desktop) and last ofcourse your Yu Yureka (atleast 75% charged).

Warning: This process will delete all data stored in internal storage so better backup all the files stored in internal storage.


So before getting started you need to enable USB Debugging/Android Debugging to enable you can just follow these steps:
  • Go to settings> About phone and keep taping on build number till it appears "You are a developer now", now you can exit.
  • Now again go to settings>developer option(only after the previous step it will be enabled)> check/select android debugging.

Before doing unlocking procedures win x64 users [all 7,8,8.1,10 OS] need to disable driver signature enforcement"
for windows 7 x64 :
When boot screen loads, press the F8 function key a few times until you see this boot menu boot menu:

now look for option in the bottom called Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
Use the arrow keys to highlight it and then press the ENTER key. Windows will load like normal and now u can unlock yureka like win x86 [dont restart windows without unlocking becoz restart makes again the driver signature enable]

for windows 8,8.1,10 x64
click this link and follow instructions there and follow yureka unlocking procedures..

So lets get started!!!

1) Unlocking Bootloader:
  • Power off your Yu Yureka device
  • Connect your device and laptop/desktop by USB data cable
  • You will see the notification light of your Yu Yureka will glow "RED"
  • Now keep pressed the volume up button of your Yu Yureka, till it boots to the fastboot screen
  • Now browse to your c:/ open the folder which you extracted earlier(ADB and fastboot)
  • Now open command window in that folder(press ctrl+shift and right click).
  • Type the following command and press enter.
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
Your Bootloader in now unlocked

*If you are facing issue like "waiting for device" when you type the command then please install minimal adb and fastboot or ADB and Fastboot drivers from google drive and try to execute the command

2) Flashing a Custom Recovery:
  • Download the recovery-yu.img file (here is link for CWM v6.0.5.1)
  • place the downloaded recovery-yu.img file in folder where fastboot files are extracted
  • Open command window in the folder and type the following command and press enter.
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
*note: if you download any other custom recovery which is named differently, while writing the command you need to put the name of the recovery which is in ".img" file.

Now you just flashed a custom recovery

3) Last part giving root access:
  • Download the superuser file
  • Place the file in the internal storage or external storage
  • Boot your Yu Yureka into recovery mode by pressing volume up + volume down + power button
  • In recovery select install zip from storage and browse to the folder where you have downloaded the superuser.zip
  • And select install

Please note:
Quote:

These l are the issues faced after the new incremental update:

Issues:
*cannot root because custom recovery is not booting
*every time after flashing custom recovery it boots into stock CM recovery

Solution:
1. Download the superuser. zip and place it in external sd-card
2. Go to developer option and disable "update cm recovery".
3. now flash the custom recovery again through command prompt
4. Disconnect the cable and press these combination keys to boot into recovery "vol up+ vol down+ power
5. Now it should boot into custom recovery
6. Install the superuser. zip

Congratulation you have successfully rooted you Yu Yureka and now "PlayGod"

Credits:
@vishal_android freak for his original post, recovery and superuser.zip
@ansebovi for adding disable driver signature enforcement to the OP

If it helped hit thanks
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to aashking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aashking Ad-Free
 
 
17th January 2015, 03:29 PM |#2  
aashking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
"waiting for devices" issue
*If you are facing issue like "waiting for device" when you type the command then please install minimal adb and fastboot and try to execute the command Don't forget to enable USB debugging
The Following User Says Thank You to aashking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aashking Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 02:40 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yu Yureka phone struck on fast boot mode
How to go to normal mode from fastboot mode , i tried most of option but didn't worked. If i press power button it shows fastboot mode, volmue up +down then power button also it shows fastboot mode screen nothing happens. This is happening after seletec advanced reboot then recovery . I tired to unlok the bootloader , it say's unlocked but i m somehow struck in FASTBOOT mode, pls help to get out of it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem device-in
fo
...
(bootloader) Device tampered: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: true
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.016s]
finished. total time: 0.016s
18th January 2015, 03:57 AM |#4  
aashking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mice3138

How to go to normal mode from fastboot mode , i tried most of option but didn't worked. If i press power button it shows fastboot mode, volmue up +down then power button also it shows fastboot mode screen nothing happens. This is happening after seletec advanced reboot then recovery . I tired to unlok the bootloader , it say's unlocked but i m somehow struck in FASTBOOT mode, pls help to get out of it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem device-in
fo
...
(bootloader) Device tampered: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: true
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.016s]
finished. total time: 0.016s

Did you flash recovery???
22nd January 2015, 12:35 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Still the same after installing it also
23rd January 2015, 12:54 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
bro struck at waiting for device
25th January 2015, 04:22 PM |#7  
dumtara's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 278
 
Donate to Me
More
Successfully unlocked bootloader, installed twrp & rooted (SuperSU). Thanks OP for tips.
USB Debugging should be enabled.
At PC (Linux OS): do use "sudo fastboot ....." otherwise you will not get response for fastboot cmd.
If using windows OS, open command prompt for administrator.
The Following User Says Thank You to dumtara For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dumtara Ad-Free
26th January 2015, 07:50 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 1,012
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshankedige01

bro struck at waiting for device

Same here. Adb and fastboot drivers are installed. But its the device drivers are not installed. But my samsung galaxy s3 works fine with Adb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumtara

Successfully unlocked bootloader, installed twrp & rooted (SuperSU). Thanks OP for tips.
USB Debugging should be enabled.
At PC (Linux OS): do use "sudo fastboot ....." otherwise you will not get response for fastboot cmd.
If using windows OS, open command prompt for administrator.

Can you guide me how to do it with Linux. I have windows 8.1 and its stuck at waiting for device. So i want to try it with Linux now.
26th January 2015, 08:39 AM |#9  
dumtara's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 278
 
Donate to Me
More
Note : try all this at your own risk.

Enable Developper mode & USB Debugging in YU Yureka.
Adb & fastboot should be installed on your linux m/c.
Now connect YU via usb .
At prompt type this.
Code:
$adb reboot-bootloader
YU will now be in fastboot mode.
Now give command as
Code:
$sudo fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
Code:
$sudo fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
Code:
$sudo fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
boot into newly installed recovery.
Code:
$adb reboot recovery
select "install from zip" option & flash SuperSU.zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dumtara For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dumtara Ad-Free
26th January 2015, 03:00 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 1,012
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumtara

Note : try all this at your own risk.

Enable Developper mode & USB Debugging in YU Yureka.
Adb & fastboot should be installed on your linux m/c.
Now connect YU via usb .
At prompt type this.

Code:
$adb reboot-bootloader
YU will now be in fastboot mode.
Now give command as
Code:
$sudo fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
Code:
$sudo fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
Code:
$sudo fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
boot into newly installed recovery.
Code:
$adb reboot recovery
select "install from zip" option & flash SuperSU.zip

I tried it. Got fastboot and adb installed on kali but some other error showing up now. I think its because of kali. Should work on ubuntu or other version.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Its driving me crazy. Not able to root this phone. Never had any problem with samsung phones
26th January 2015, 03:03 PM |#11  
aashking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapiljhajhria

I tried it. Got fastboot and adb installed on kali but some other error showing up now. I think its because of kali. Should work on ubuntu or other version.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Its driving me crazy. Not able to root this phone. Never had any problem with samsung phones

Sir which windows os you are using???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes