FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PROJECT] Reviving Hard Bricked YU (QLoader 9008 Mode)

166 posts
Thanks Meter: 208

By tirta.agung, Senior Member on 30th March 2015, 01:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

Anybody here wants to downgrade their YU from the sweet candy rom (Lollipop) to the old chocolate bar (Kitkat), please use this procedure post in this THREAD.

So here is the guide to unbrick your YU from "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", I hope it works for you as I fried my YU's eMMC by attempting to brick and unbrick my YU for nearly 200 times in three days just to confirm that this guide is working. And here are some pics of my current YU (an expensive desktop charger). And all of this, because I love XDA, hahahahahahaha, just hope it worthed. For God sake, I have invested nearly US$200 for this thread (at least that is how much I bought my YU plus shipping), so this post has to work. And please, don't ask whether I am serious or not, you should know the answer already.

Please read this guide thoroughly. It took hours of my precious time to make this post, but I bet you that it will olny takes minutes to read it. So once again, please read this guide thoroughly.

Now the important part, this guide was tested by me with my Lenovo laptop that run Windows 7sp1 Ultimate edition, and this is my hardware specs:

1. ANALYZING THE PHONE PROBLEM
In qualcomm NEW firmware (not the HLOS part, but NON-Hlos, SBL1, TZ, HYP, RPM, and Aboot), especially ARMv8-A, Qualcomm diminished the famous "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006", and introduce two types of "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" (source: fybon article ). So, before we proceed with the guide, we should analyse the phone first, on which 9008 mode your phone is in. To do this, follow these steps below:

1.a SETTING UP WINDOWS

I know that some fellow YU's owners who have bricked their phone are "Senior Member" and highly experience user if it comes to Android and Qualcomm phone, but I just want to ask you to give some respect for my death YU by following each of the steps that need to be taken to setup Windows.
  1. Please turn off internet connections.
  2. Remove your YU from PC or Laptops.
  3. Install the latest ".net Framework" for your Windows.
  4. Uninstall all the driver related to YU, as well as any Qualcomm driver if you have install any. Uninstall them through Device Manager FIRST, then program manager. Here I used a software called "REVOUninstaller" to remove completely the driver softwares and Device Remover to completely remove installed unnecessary device.
  5. Then run "CMD" or "Windows Terminal" as administrator and type:
    Code:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
  6. Restart your PC or Laptops, and you should see this watermark at the bottom right of your desktop, just like the pic below"
  7. Download QualcommDrv.zip from here, extract to an empty folder, then open the folder according to your Windows type (x64 or x86) and double click dpinst64.exe to install the Qualcomm driver.

8. Now it is safe to connect your YU to PC or laptop (I connected it in USB2 port). BUT BEFORE YOU CONNECT YOU YU, REMEMBER TO UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY FOR FIVE SECS, REPLUG IT, AND CONNECT YOUR YU WITHOUT PRESSING ANY OF ITS BUTTONS. Your phone should now being detected as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" and the driver version 2.0.8.7 (please check it through Windows' "Device Manager")
1.b ANALYSING PROCESS
If you were just messing with system image, boot image, system's framework or other things that does not related to Qualcomm's stuff (modem-NON-HLOS.bin, aboot-emmc_appsboot.mbn, sbl1, hyp, tz, rpm partition, for example installing sound patch, etc, you possibly will enter the new 9008 mode, which is a combination of the old "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006" and "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008". When you first brick the phone into this mode, you would experience such symptoms below:
  1. The LED charging indicator near the phone speaker will light red.
  2. Your phone will vibrate endlessly, and this vibration will end only if you disconnect your phone from your PC or laptop and unplug the battery.
  3. If you open Windows' Device Manager, you'll see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" under PORTS (COM & LPT) or "QHUSB_BULK" under Other devices, and "Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device" under Disk drives, similar to the pics below (NOTICE THAT RED BOX IN PIC):

OR
However, if you messed with your YU's qualcomm's partition playing with NON-HLOS.bin, emmc_appsboot.mbn, sbl1.mbn, hyp.mbn, tz.mbn, rpm.mbn, or by other mean messing the whole Qualcomm's eMMC partition, such as by using this zip I made while your YU is in Fastboot, then you will most likely go into the OLD "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" mode. You will find symptoms similar to below:
  1. The phone charging indicator would not light if you connect your YU with PC or Laptop.
  2. Device Manager only listed "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" under PORTS (COM & LPT) or "QHUSB_BULK" under Other devices, but no "Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device" under Disk drives, similar to pic below:
So, now you need to analyse your YU, whether it is in the OLD '9008" or NEW "9008" mode, as the procedure to revive your beloved YU will be different.

2. REVIVING YOUR YU BACK

2.a NEW "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" MODE
If you are that lucky person, who is stuck in the NEW "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" mode, to be honest, the steps to be taken are a lot easier. However, you need somebody in this forum to upload the complete YU's eMMC image for you. To get such image, you could ask your friend to do these steps (root the phone first):
  1. Format your external MicroSD card with "exfat" system file, and the size of this SD card should be morethan 16 GB , which is the size of the whole partition.
  2. Do a full factory reset, meaning wipe your cache, data, and internal storage using either CWM, TWRP, or PhillzTouch.
  3. Insert the SD card to your phone and connect your YU with ADB, type:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/storage/sdcard1/backup.img bs=512 count=30535646
  4. The size of the "backup.img" is around 16 GB, However, if you compressed it, it would be around 2 GB.
Now, if you have the backup.img in your hand, you can do these steps:
  1. Download partition tools from the net, I recommend you to use "Minitool Partition Wizard".
  2. Download "HDD Raw Copy Tool", it is a free tool that can copy your "backup.img" to you YU's eMMC sector per sector.
  3. Now connect your phone, remember to UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY FOR FIVE SECS, REPLUG IT, AND CONNECT YOUR YU WITHOUT PRESSING ANY OF ITS BUTTONS.
  4. FROM NOW ON DON'T YOU EVER DISCONNECT THE PHONE FROM YOUR PC OR LAPTOPS.
  5. Open "Minitool" and you will see that your phone has 29 partitions in total, similar to the pic below (this pic was taken from Windows' "Disk Management Tool" just to describe Qualcomm's partitions):
  6. Delete all 29 partitions and click apply (remember don't remove your phone while "Minitool" is completing the process).
  7. If all process finished successfully, open "HDD Raw Copy Tool", and you'll see things similar to this (please note that because my phone is now death, the pics that describe how to use "HDD Raw Copy Tool" was taken from my friend websites using a different type of Qualcomm phone, however the process that needs to be taken is similar):
    • Choose your "backup.img" and click "Continue >>>>>>".
    • Put a highlight on "Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device" and click "Continue >>>>>>".
    • Check every things and click "START".
However, if you can't find a good fellow member in this forum, who is willing to give you the "backup.img", then I'm afraid you have to do it the hard way, which is forcing your beloved YU to go to the OLD "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" mode. You can do this using "Minitool":
  1. Open "Minitool" again.
  2. Delete all 29 partitions.
  3. Then choose "Create Partition" on the whole "Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device" (making it one big 16 GB partition) as "Primary Partition" with an "ext4" file system. By the way, DON'T GIVE THE PARTITION A NAME.
  4. Click APPLY.
  5. When "Minitool" completed all the process, disconect your YU from PC or Laptop, UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY FOR FIVE SECS, REPLUG IT, AND CONNECT YOUR YU WITHOUT PRESSING ANY OF ITS BUTTONS.
  6. And I have to greet you, "Welcome, now you are in the OLD 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008' mode".

2.b OLD "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" MODE
  1. Download "QPST 2.7 build 422" from HERE and extract it to an empty folder. It has to be this version of "QPST". Install QPST by double clicking setup.exe, see pic below:
  2. Download 8675_W00.zip attached with this post HERE, and extract it to an empty folder. You will get a folder called "8675_W00", just open it.
  3. Download the official YU's firmware from CyanogenOS website HERE, and extract all the files inside the previous "8675_W00" folder, and now you'll get files like the pic below:
  4. You can run QFil in two ways:
    • By using QFil UI
      • Open it from your "Start" menu, see pic below:
      • Insert all the necessary file needed by "QFil": (1)The programmer will be prog_emmc_firehose_8936.mbn found inside the "8675_W00" folder; (2)Use the rawprogram0.xml found inside the "8675_W00" folder; (3)Use the patch0.xml found inside the "8675_W00" folder; (3)Hit "Download" button. For details, see the pic below:
    • By using CMD's Command Line (intermediate to advance user
      • Open "CMD" inside QPST's "bin" folder, which can be found inside QPST install directory, see image for detail:
      • In the opened CMD, type:
        Code:
        qfil.exe -Mode=1 -COM="enter your comport number setting here" -SEARCHPATH="enter your complete path to 8675_W00 folder" -Sahara=true;"enter your complete path to the prog_emmc_FireHose_8936.mbn" -RawProgram=rawprogram0.xml -patch=patch0.xml -AckRawDataEveryNumPackets=TRUE;100 -DeviceTYPE="eMMC" -PlatForm="8x26" -MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="49152"
        Here are example to use it
        qfil.exe -Mode=1 -COM=64 -SEARCHPATH="D:\CBW8600A01_A_T1701" -Sahara=true;"D:\CBW8600A01_A_T1701\prog_emmc_FireHose_8x26.mbn" -RawProgram=rawprogram_unsparse.xml,rawprogram2.xml -patch=patch0,patch2.xml -AckRawDataEveryNumPackets=TRUE;100 -DeviceTYPE="eMMC" -PlatForm="8x26" -MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="49152"
      • Or you can play with does commands, here are their descriptions:
      • If you run "QFil" through command line, you'll get a slightly different user interface, and perhaps by running it through command line we could overcome the "sahara: fail" problem.
  5. If the process you did with "QFil" finished successfully, the phone will reboot by itself.
  6. After the phone rebooted, it will suffer from an endless bootloop. Don't do anything, just disconnect it from your PC, and straight away put your phone into bootloader by pressing "volume-up" button while connecting your phone again to your PC.
  7. Go to "8675_W00" folder again, and run FlashAll(AfterQFil).bat by double clicking it.
  8. Your YU will reboot normally to stock CM.

3. REVIVING YOUR IMEIs
To be honest this is the easiest part of the guide, and here are the steps that need to be taken (REMEMBER TO REMOVE ALL SIM CARDS BEFORE YOU DO THESE STEPS BELOW):
  1. First of all, please root again your just revived YU.
  2. Next, download QXDM 3.13.714 from HERE, extract it and then install (there is no special treatment for "QXDM").
  3. Download "boot.zip" from HERE, and extratct "boot.img" found inside the zip file within our beloved "8675_W00" folder (just replace the old "boot.img").
  4. Connect your phone with your PC, and open ADB from our beloved "8675_W00" folder, and type these command:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20
    reboot
  5. After the phone rebooted, open device manager in windows, and you should find that your phone is recognised as "Qualcom HS-USB Diagnostics 903A". Now you can connect to QPST, QXDM, ADB, and MTP at once, each time you phone rebooted.
  6. Now open "QPST Configuration" and see whether your phone is listed there, see pic below:
  7. Open "QXDM Professional", go to "Options", "Communications" and set "Target Port" to your phone.
  8. Back to "QXDM" main window, in the "View" dropdown menu, select "NV Browser", put a check mark on "Dual SIM" option, select "ALL" in "Catagory Filter" dropdown menu, and go to "ID 00550", see pic for details:
  9. Now choose "0" on "Subscription ID" dropdown menu. By the way here, "Subscription ID = 0" means your SIM1 and "Subscription ID = 1" means your SIM2. After choosing "0", click Read, fill your SIM1's IMEI in the Input Fields, and click Write. Do the same with SIM2's IMEI, which is listed as "Subscription ID = 1" .
  10. AND HERE IS HOW YOU PUT YOUR IMEI:
    Code:
    If for instance, your IMEI for SIM1 was: 954091051099226, then the boxes would be in below order:
    0x08 (The first hex is always 0x08)
    0x9A (The second hex is always ends by "A" or "0x9A")
    0x45
    0x90
    0x01
    0x15
    0x90
    0x29
    0x62
  11. YOUR YU IS OFFICIALLY REVIVE, YEEEE

3. PLAYING WITH COOLPAD CPB FILES
I guess Micromax's officials have to admit that YU YUREKA is indeed Coolpad 大神 F2 8675-XXX, and do you know that the chinese word "大神" mean "Great God" in english. Yup, I'm betting a US$100 here that our beloved motto of "YU Play God" comes from the word "大神" a.k.a "Great God". I'm also suspecting that W00 are the right replacement for the missing XXX in Coolpad 大神 F2 8675-XXX, and I finally confirmed my suspection through some hex comparison between the "GPT" (the MBR of an eMMC, I would thank Ekhasti in providing me YU's "GPT.bin") of the two phones, thus making me possible to make all of the above guide. Just for your info, "GPT" resides in sector 0 until before the start sector of NON-HLOS a.k.a the modem partition of our YU's eMMC. If you want to and eager to get YU's GPT partition, all you have to do is just connect your phone with ADB, and type:
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/gpt.bin bs=512 count=65535
And, you'll find your gpt.bin in your phone's internal storage.

Since, Coolpad 大神 F2 8675-W00 has similar GPT, at that time, I believed that I can flash directly coolpad's firmwares into our YU, and guess what, I was right. Although at first the phone experienced endless bootloop, it booted seamlessly after I "oem unlock" the bootloader via Fastboot. So, if somebody in this forum is eager enough to try the CoolUI of Coolpad 大神 F2 8675-W00, you can unpack its CPB's file by following all the steps below:
  1. First, of course you have to download Coolpad 大神 F2 8675-W00's CPB files, and you can get it from Yulong (the name of the company that make Coolpad) official website HERE, the file is the one with 1.6 GB file size
  2. Download my hack edition of Coolpad Download Assistant from HERE, and install it. See all the pics below on how to, as the language is in chinese:

3. Upon finishing installation, copy the "dProdRes.dll" found inside the "Hacked" folder of "CDA.zip" into Coolpad Download Assistant installation directory (just replace the old "dProdRes.dll", with the hacked version). See pic below:
  4. Run "Coolpad Download Assistant", and do as depicted by pics below:

5. Wait until the progress bar reach 100%:
  6. Don't close "Coolpad Download Assistant" first, just go to "downfile" folder inside "CDA" installation directory:
  7. Copy "8675_W00" folder inside the folder where you keep adb.exe and fastboot.exe.
Now, to flash all those unpacks file to your, just do the following steps:
  1. Connect your phone to your PC or Laptop in fastboot mode.
  2. Type commands below:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase modem
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase sbl1
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase sbl1bak
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase aboot
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase abootbak
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase rpm
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase rpmbak
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase tz
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase tzbak
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase hyp
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase hypbak
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase misc
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase DDR
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase fsg
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase boot
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase params
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase panic
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase persist
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf erase recovery
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf format system
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf format userdata
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf format cache
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash modem /8675_W00/NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash sbl1 /8675_W00/sbl1.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash sbl1bak /8675_W00/sbl1.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash aboot /8675_W00/emmc_appsboot.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash abootbak /8675_W00/emmc_appsboot.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash rpm /8675_W00/rpm.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash rpmbak /8675_W00/rpm.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash tz /8675_W00/tz.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash tzbak /8675_W00/tz.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash hyp /8675_W00/hyp.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash hypbak /8675_W00/hyp.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash misc /8675_W00/MISC.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash DDR /8675_W00/DDR.bin
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash fsg /8675_W00/nv.tar.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash boot /8675_W00/boot.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash params /8675_W00/param.bin
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash panic /8675_W00/panic.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash persist /8675_W00/persist.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery /8675_W00/recovery.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash system /8675_W00/system.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash userdata /8675_W00/userdata.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash cache /8675_W00/cache.img
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf format userdata
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf format cache
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot-bootloader
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
    fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot

Here I also like to say thanks to:
  1. darkspr1te and his thread for giving some insight about on how Qualcomm chips work.
  2. quakze for supporting this project, and also for spending his precious time testing the guide (although the result is totally negative).
  3. ekhasti for his kindness in giving the whole partition dump of his YU.
Furthermore, if somebody in this forum manage to unbrick her/his YU using this guide, please post a reply on how you did it, what changes or improvisation that you had undertaken, as it would help other members as well. And without your reply, this thread would be dead and has to be closed, because I myself doesn't own any YU anymore.

PS.
I will be very delighted to buy your bricked YU for half price of the new one and also pay the shipping fees, but under several conditions:
  1. Windows could detect it minimum as "QHUSB_BULK"
  2. Does not have stain, scratch, or any deform shape and all hardware should be functional before you bricked it.
Perhaps Rohan, Ayush, or Rahul could help me finding someone that willing to sell their bricked YU.
Attached Files
File Type: zip QualcommDrv.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.85 MB, 265764 views)
File Type: zip 8675_W00.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.36 MB, 208126 views)
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to tirta.agung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tirta.agung Ad-Free

30th March 2015, 08:07 PM |#2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 468

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirta.agung

I just wonder, does anyone in this forum know how to make our Yureka to enter Qualcomm download mode or Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006 mode? It would be great if we could do so, as it would enable us to make raw copy of the whole Yu's eMMC using HDD Raw Copy Tools. Beside the rawprogram0.xml, patch0.xml, 8939_msimage.mbn, MPRG8939.hex, and MPRG8939.mbn, this raw image is also very important to recover our Yureka from hard bricked.

it will be in hs-usb qdloader 9008 first, we just need “8939_msimage.mbn” and “MPRG8939.mbn” to bring the phone to hs-usb diagnostics 9006 mode.
30th March 2015, 10:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar-Bali

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakze

it will be in hs-usb qdloader 9008 first, we just need “8939_msimage.mbn” and “MPRG8939.mbn” to bring the phone to hs-usb diagnostics 9006 mode.

Yep, I know the order. I usually use QPST's eMMC Software Download Tool to get my phone from 9008 to 9006 mode, then after Windows detects all the phone's eMMC partitions, I use HDD Raw Copy Tools to restore all the files (here I really mean ALL) to get my phone working again. So, although you managed to enter 9006 from 9008 mode, without a RAW Image of your phone made by HDD Raw Copy Tools, everything will be useless. Just like the rawprogram0.xml, patch0.xml, msimage.mbn, MPRG.hex, and MPR.mb, somebody in this forum, whose phone is bricked (either soft-9006 mode brick or hard-9008 mode brick), could use anybody's YU's RAW Image made by HDD Raw Copy Tools to get their phone working again. All they have to do afterwards, is just changing their IMEIs to their own using QXDM .

So back to the thread question. I used to have several android phones powered by qualcomm chipset, the last one before the Yu was ZTE V5 Max, which is a snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) phone. Usually after connecting a qualcomm android phone in diag mode (by putting "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,diag,adb" either in the build.prop or default.prop inside boot.img) with Qualcomm NV Tools found in EFS Professional Suite (EFSPS), I could restart the phone into 9006 mode to make a raw image of my phone's eMMC. I usually do this first each time i bought a new qualcomm phone, just incase if I hard bricked my phone into qualcomm 9008 mode. However, I can't get my Yu into the 9006 mode, instead it went to 9008 mode (the LED near the phone speaker turns red and the phone keeps on vibrating) after I select reboot into download mode in EFSPS.

By the way quakze, i think msm8939 use the same eMMC's enumeration properties as MSM8916. Perhaps we can use MSM8916 rawprogram0.xml, patch0.xml, msimage.mbn, MPRG.hex, and MPRG.mbn. All we need is just an already bricked phone to try, and I guarantee that it would not make the bricked phone any worser. You can find the necessary file here (please use chrome to auto translate the website). The file is a full service firmware for Lenovo K3 Music Lemon, a snapdragon 410 phone. Please keep me update if my hypothesis is true.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tirta.agung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tirta.agung Ad-Free
31st March 2015, 04:43 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar-Bali

More
Question
Anybody???
The Following User Says Thank You to tirta.agung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tirta.agung Ad-Free
31st March 2015, 11:30 PM |#5  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

Anybody???

better wait for the Xiaomi Ferrari. . .RBTL
2nd April 2015, 08:05 AM |#6  
Flag Dubai, UAE / Chiplun, India
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Sir, we want to change LTE frequency
thru QPST
Need help

Check here and please help us
5th April 2015, 11:53 AM |#7  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

I just wonder, does anyone in this forum know how to make our Yureka to enter Qualcomm download mode or Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006 mode? It would be great if we could do so, as it would enable us to make raw copy of the whole Yu's eMMC using HDD Raw Copy Tools. Beside the rawprogram0.xml, patch0.xml, 8939_msimage.mbn, MPRG8939.hex, and MPRG8939.mbn, this raw image is also very important to recover our Yureka from hard bricked.

I have got rom of Huawei C199s (MSM8939), which has many file packed into UPDATE.APP.

I have unpacked it, but the file name and extensions are unknown.

At present I am trying to identify the msimage.mbm and mprg files.

The rom link is
http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/up...60-Telecom.zip
7th April 2015, 02:24 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar-Bali

More
Angry Is it just the two of us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakze

I have got rom of Huawei C199s (MSM8939), which has many file packed into UPDATE.APP.

I have unpacked it, but the file name and extensions are unknown.

At present I am trying to identify the msimage.mbm and mprg files.

The rom link is
http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/up...60-Telecom.zip

Hi there Quakze, I just wonder is it only the two of us who are interested in reviving death YUs? By the way, at last I hard bricked my Yu, and I think it is true that curiosity kills. Hahahaha, so yippee for me .

Ok, back to our business, I only know three major companies who always pack qualcomm's mbn files in their firmwares, they are Lenovo, Xiaomi, and Hisense. So, if you have time to wait you can hunt these phone firmwares when they released:
  1. Hisense HS-H910 TD-LTE (expected release firmware June 2015)
  2. Lenovo Vibe X2 PRO Dual SIM LTE (expected release firmware June 2015)
  3. Lenovo Vibe Shot Dual SIM LTE (expected release firmware June 2015)
  4. Xiaomi Ferrari (expected release firmware unknown)

However, if you are curious enough to find out by yourself on how to create qualcomm's mbn file for our YUs, then we can join hands in this thread.

And this is an update from me on my effort in reviving my death YU. When I did hex readings on some CPB files, I found out that each of those files contain at least one msimage.mbn. That is why, I spend my last weekend just to do some research on Coolpad Download Assistant (CDA) Software in order to hack it, and the good news is I managed to do it.

So with this post, I have attached the hacked version of our beloved CDA software. All you have to do is just download and unzip the zip file attached in this post, install the software and copy paste the "dProdRes.dll" into Coolpad Download Assistant installation directory. Afterwards, run the program as usual, put the right path of the CPB file you want to unpack and press "ok" (of course the language use by the software is in chinese). You will find the unpack CPB files inside "DownFiles" folder found in Coolpad Download Assistant installation directory.

Please post me a reply if you have succeeded in unpacking the CPB files, and tell me what do you think about the unpacked files, as I did find some strange stuff inside it .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	163204
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	3263142   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	161392
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	3263143   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	159820
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	3263144   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	157538
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	3263145   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	156276
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	3263148   Click image for larger version

Name:	5a.png
Views:	156434
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	3263149   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	155868
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	3263150   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	157576
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	3263151   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	155870
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	3263152   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.png
Views:	154848
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	3263153  
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.71 MB, 14166 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tirta.agung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tirta.agung Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 02:47 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar-Bali

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekhasti

Sir, we want to change LTE frequency
thru QPST
Need help

Check here and please help us

Just head on to this thread. If you have anymore question, just don't hesitate to ask me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tirta.agung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tirta.agung Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 03:49 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Just head on to this thread. If you have anymore question, just don't hesitate to ask me.

Sir
I already try that but stuck on YU Diagnostics Driver
OPO drivers not working for me
From where I get that

How to revert this command (old USB setting)
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
7th April 2015, 06:38 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Go till step 8 (with force install drivers) successfully
when Open QPST Configuration, go to the Ports tab, Add New Port .....
QPST stop working...

Flash rmt_storage patch device go bootloop
Thank God I make orignal rmt_storage patch zip
now device working
but QPST still not working
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
coolpad f2 8675-w00, hdd raw image tools, qualcomm download mode, qualcomm hs-usb diagnostics 9006, yureka

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)