Daydream View

Search This thread

jamtre

Jul 20, 2015
Since I happen to have the only phone that works with it other than a Pixel I couldn't resist... got mine a few days ago.

All I can say is, it's awesome. Compared to Cardboard, the quality and smoothness of motion is noticeably better, but the real win is the remote controller which is just amazing. Completely intuitive and precise. The potential for gaming is huge. Overall the UI is excellent.

I read a review somewhere that noted a bit of lag during head motion with the Moto Z Force. I can't say I really notice that - or if it's there it's pretty minor. I've never used an Oculus Rift though so I don't have any basis to compare to a high-end platform.

The only complaint I have is the design of the headset is a little awkward. I kind of have to have the strap near the top of the back of my head for it to be secured well, it seem like the angle of my face is just a little off. But it's workable and overall comfortable. Also - it definitely doesn't block all light out, so you can get a little glare when using in a bright room. This feels like a trade-off for having it work with glasses -- which it does, perfectly. I sometimes wear a pretty chunky pair of glasses and it fits over them fine.

This also isn't too big a deal. It's not unworkable in bright light, just not perfect. I can also imagine a simple add-on that could act as a shroud to close the gaps where light is admitted. Or just put a bag over your head ;)

Anyway a lot of fun so far. It seems like a very well thought-out product. I had no issues at all with setup, it just worked. The remote even came charged.

Reactions: justvogel

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
The remote was a nice addition. Really makes it fun to use! I agree with the headset attachment... A little awkward to get it properly aligned. Personally, it makes me nauseous after a while, which kind of sucks. :\

jrk190

Sep 4, 2012
McLeansville
I really enjoy daydream with the Moto Z. I had used it before, but with 1080p it was a little less than pleasant. But the Moto Z's resolution makes up for this and it's a lot nicer. I can also get a great amount of gameplay time without killing the battery completely!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I happen to have the only phone that works with it other than a Pixel I couldn't resist... got mine a few days ago.

All I can say is, it's awesome. Compared to Cardboard, the quality and smoothness of motion is noticeably better, but the real win is the remote controller which is just amazing. Completely intuitive and precise. The potential for gaming is huge. Overall the UI is excellent.

I read a review somewhere that noted a bit of lag during head motion with the Moto Z Force. I can't say I really notice that - or if it's there it's pretty minor. I've never used an Oculus Rift though so I don't have any basis to compare to a high-end platform.

The only complaint I have is the design of the headset is a little awkward. I kind of have to have the strap near the top of the back of my head for it to be secured well, it seem like the angle of my face is just a little off. But it's workable and overall comfortable. Also - it definitely doesn't block all light out, so you can get a little glare when using in a bright room. This feels like a trade-off for having it work with glasses -- which it does, perfectly. I sometimes wear a pretty chunky pair of glasses and it fits over them fine.

This also isn't too big a deal. It's not unworkable in bright light, just not perfect. I can also imagine a simple add-on that could act as a shroud to close the gaps where light is admitted. Or just put a bag over your head ;)

Anyway a lot of fun so far. It seems like a very well thought-out product. I had no issues at all with setup, it just worked. The remote even came charged.