Well, my LCD panel broke.

Search This thread

ThisIsCheez

Sep 4, 2015
So I was sitting at the bar and saw a piece of something on my screen, so I went to wipe it off with a bit of force and now my screen has a bleeding black dot right in the middle and a line all the way up to the top of the screen. My phone has only experienced one drop and that was about two months ago.

Called Verizon and they gave me the biggest bull**** response of "We cover the Moto Maxx and the Droid Turbo 2, but the shatter shield warranty on the Z Force is different so pay your $200 deductable". Called Motorola and they are sending me a new phone and I can return mine after I receive the new one in the mail. Only thing they did was put a $250 hold on my card till they receive my broken phone then they refund the hold amount.

Just thought I'd share. Looks like Moto covers LCD damage on the Z Force and I was super happy about being sent a replacement before I send mine in.

EDIT: Guess I should say LED panel since it's an OLED display.

Last edited:

trav473

Jun 11, 2009
Did Motorola tell you about the $25 service fee and the tax in the $250 that they will also charge on your card? They tried to put that all on my card, total about $309 and my card stopped the charge. I argued with Motorola to no end..... Just wondered.

Sent from my XT1650 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Jul 6, 2013
Utopia
So I was sitting at the bar and saw a piece of something on my screen, so I went to wipe it off with a bit of force and now my screen has a bleeding black dot right in the middle and a line all the way up to the top of the screen. My phone has only experienced one drop and that was about two months ago.

Called Verizon and they gave me the biggest bull**** response of "We cover the Moto Maxx and the Droid Turbo 2, but the shatter shield warranty on the Z Force is different so pay your $200 deductable". Called Motorola and they are sending me a new phone and I can return mine after I receive the new one in the mail. Only thing they did was put a $250 hold on my card till they receive my broken phone then they refund the hold amount.

Just thought I'd share. Looks like Moto covers LCD damage on the Z Force and I was super happy about being sent a replacement before I send mine in.

Had the same issue with mine. It happened about a week after I got the phone. Since it was under the 14 days, I was able to return it to the store for a new device. What shocked me was I barely touched it and it caused that to happen.

blynkofaneye

Mar 26, 2012
I had a similar issue a few months back with my MZF. Went straight thru Motorola and used the Advanced Exchange Program. Had a new phone a day or two later and sent in the defective one. The End.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.