Moto Z2 Force
- Your warrenty is now void. - You have been warned. - Use at your own risk.
This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto Z2 Force, codename nash.
Join our Moto Z2 Force Development Discord server!
How to Install:
Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.
- Camera Mods don't work.
- Official Lineage OS builds will not ever allow Moto's Battery Mod "Efficiency Mode" to work.
- The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
- Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in Lineage, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.
- Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
Technical details on our Treble implementation:
Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.
- LineageOS Updater
- npjohnson's Personal Updater -- These are experimental, likely to break/eat your cat/destroy your data, and include GApps -- you'll only find support for these in the Discord linked above.
[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto Z2 Force
npjohnson, erfanoabdi, invisiblek
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2020-04-15