FORUMS

[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

1,450 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,063

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from npjohnson: LineageOS 17.1 Nightlies for the Moto Z2 Force!
LineageOS logo
Moto Z2 Force

Code:
- Your warrenty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto Z2 Force, codename nash.

Join our Moto Z2 Force Development Discord server!

How to Install:
Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Known Bugs:
  • Camera Mods don't work.
  • Official Lineage OS builds will not ever allow Moto's Battery Mod "Efficiency Mode" to work.
  • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
  • Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in Lineage, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.

Notes:
  • Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
    Technical details on our Treble implementation:
    Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto Z2 Force

Contributors
npjohnson, erfanoabdi, invisiblek
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-01
Last Updated 2020-04-15
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to npjohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift npjohnson Ad-Free
1st April 2020, 10:36 PM |#2  
Flag Obregon
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Removed
2nd April 2020, 08:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hey, I cant find the link of lineaeg 17.1? (Build 0401, yesterday i found!) Just a joke?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200402-142648.jpg
Views:	1230
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	4984197  
2nd April 2020, 11:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How can I unlock bootloader, install TWRP and LineageOS on my XT1789-04 (AT&T)?
2nd April 2020, 12:45 PM |#5  
Flag Caguas
Thanks Meter: 221

More
It is a beautiful day!

Although there's no download links.
2nd April 2020, 05:24 PM |#6  
Flag Obregon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sad Story

Hey, I cant find the link of lineaeg 17.1? (Build 0401, yesterday i found!) Just a joke?

I downloaded and installed and everything is ok xD
2nd April 2020, 05:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogante

I downloaded and installed and everything is ok xD

I cant find link. In download.lineageos no build of 17. Can u share it?
2nd April 2020, 05:43 PM |#8  
Flag Obregon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sad Story

I cant find link. In download.lineageos no build of 17. Can u share it?

Oh man, my upload speed is 50kb/s it will take forever
3rd April 2020, 12:41 AM |#9  
Flag Caguas
Thanks Meter: 221

More
Hi devs!

Trying it out, seems pretty great! Very few bugs (not related to device probably, just LOS17).

Only device bug I've found is the camera focus: it doesn't seem to be focusing properly (or at all).
If you need any logs let me know - eager to help out.

EDIT: That's weird. Somehow after using the camera app and moving the thing around I got it to work again. Although it's sporadic at best - focusing isn't working reliably.
EDIT 2: Found what allows it to work sometimes: open and close the camera app briefly time and time again and it starts working.
3rd April 2020, 06:35 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,597

More
Has anyone with Reliance Jio tried it? I'm not able to get VoLTE going. Phone info (*#*#4636#*#*) has VoLTE provisioned enabled but greyed out. IMS Service status says not registered for IMS registration, and Not Available for everything else.

I jumped to 17.1 straight from stock, so not sure if it used to work in 16.0. I manually tried adding the ims apn for Jio, but no go...
3rd April 2020, 10:08 AM |#11  
Flag sirsi
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelixis

Hi devs!

Trying it out, seems pretty great! Very few bugs (not related to device probably, just LOS17).

Only device bug I've found is the camera focus: it doesn't seem to be focusing properly (or at all).
If you need any logs let me know - eager to help out.

EDIT: That's weird. Somehow after using the camera app and moving the thing around I got it to work again. Although it's sporadic at best - focusing isn't working reliably.
EDIT 2: Found what allows it to work sometimes: open and close the camera app briefly time and time again and it starts working.

I'm facing same issue

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x

Has anyone with Reliance Jio tried it? I'm not able to get VoLTE going. Phone info (*#*#4636#*#*) has VoLTE provisioned enabled but greyed out. IMS Service status says not registered for IMS registration, and Not Available for everything else.

I jumped to 17.1 straight from stock, so not sure if it used to work in 16.0. I manually tried adding the ims apn for Jio, but no go...

Again facing the same issue here
Calls don't work with jio and I'm also facing camera focus issues
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)