TWRP 3.2.0.0 Moto Z2 force [Nash]

Search This thread

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
teamncp.png

All seems to be working except Encryption.
So that means you have to erase usedata!

If you don't know how to return back to a working state if something is broken, please think twice before flashing this.

Please do read the installation guide note !
oawA6MR.png

qUR2397.png

ZyM7zMk.png

IMPORTANT NOTE :
Warning: Make sure you make a backup of all your important data manually before flashing anything, making any backups or restoring.
I'm not responsible for any data loss, bricks, or whatever went wrong on your device. At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) .

If you plan on using this on stock and have no root you wont be able to see any files due to encryption. To fix this FORMAT not wipe userdata then either flash supersu and not pass safety net or flash one of my roms(New one incoming)

Working
Everything except what's not working, see below

Not working / issues
Encryption

Logs

To get logs: Advanced ---> Copy log

Installation Guide :
1. Download all files below on pc.
2. BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA AS IT WILL BE WIPED!
2.5 BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA AS IT WILL BE WIPED!
3. Boot your phone to fastboot mode.
3.a If you already have twrp disregard the next 2 lines
4. Flash the twrp from below. Using the command "fastboot flash boot /path/to/twrp.img
5. Boot to recovery through the fastboot menu.
6. Go to wipe---Format data(FOR UNENCRYPTION)
6.a IF ALREADY UNENCRYPTED JUST MAKE SURE YOU REFLASH YOUR ROOT OPTION
7. When it says type in yes do it.
8. Wait to finish then plug phone into pc.
9. Transfer supersu to your phone.
9.a Transfer magisk if you use it
10. go to install and find the supersu/magisk zip you just pulled over.
11. Flash it and reboot.
12. Profit!
12.25 Go through the setup process to get to settings. Go to security and check it your phone says encrypt. If it does your good.

IF WANTING UNENCRYPTION ON STOCK YOU HAVE TO FLASH SUPERSU AS MAGISK DOESNT FULLY UNENCRYPT THINGS YET IF ON A ROM LIKE MINE FLASH WHAT EVER LOL

Update Guide:
1. Download new twrp
2. Boot to twrp
3. click on downloaded twrp
4. flash
5. REFLASH WHATEVER ROOT YOU HAD SUPERSU OR WHATEVER OR ELSE YOU WILL BOOT LOOP!

Download Links :
Newest TWRP FLASHABLE PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT NUMBER 5 ABOVE
FASTBOOT FLASHABLE TWRP 3.2.0.0
Newest SuperSu
Newest Magisk

CHANGELOG:
V3.2
UPGRADED TO LATEST 3.2.0.0
ADDED LATEST UPSTREAM FROM @Uzephi

V3.1
FIXED BOOTLOOP
NEWEST KERNEL AT THIS TIME OF WRITING

V3
Ability to flash bootlogos!
Ability to backup and restore bootlogos
Ability to Backup,Restore and wipe OEM partition.
Ability to flash magisk(must be stock with oem partition in tact to PASS if your ok with cts profile mismatch then modify all you want)(Our phones use the new AVB Verity DM Verity 2.0 pretty much lol)
Bug Fixes and other stuff im forgeting.
Twrp is now flashable! just download the zip in the current twrp and flash!

Credits :

@jbats for putting in all the work and getting source together!
@themustached for helping with root
@Chainfire for supplying the cfar and being a beast
@topjohnwu for working magisk

Source:JBATS
Source:JOEMOSSJR
Kernel Source:JOEMOSSJR

Testers:
Please post below if you tested

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-10-11

Created 2017-10-11
Last Updated 2017-11-10

Last edited:

jbats

Oct 4, 2012
Colorado Springs
In your source, you used my nash_defconfig, please advise. TY for getting it to work!

https://github.com/jbats/android_ke...android-7.1/arch/arm64/configs/nash_defconfig

Edit: you also pasted the same info I did from line 647-822 on line 823-998, essentially having extra code not needed.

All history is maintained in the git repo linked in source. Credit is given in that aspect but essentially you only removed a few defconfigs than honestly you could have left alone. The prebuilt kernel included in recovery has been upstreamed a bit by myself. If anything I owe credits to Motorola for source.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
All history is maintained in the git repo linked in source. Credit is given in that aspect but essentially you only removed a few defconfigs than honestly you could have left alone. The prebuilt kernel included in recovery has been upstreamed a bit by myself. If anything I owe credits to Motorola for source.

822-998 was already in nash_defconfig. You didn't need to add those lines again. Yes, all I did on that source was make sure the defconfig was correct because Motorola gave us a wonky defconfig as you know from Slack. I also cleaned up the other defconfigs which aren't needed when the source on my git was only for Nash and no other device, so it was code not needed. That's fine, I'll bow out and stop.

jbats

Oct 4, 2012
Colorado Springs
822-998 was already in nash_defconfig. You didn't need to add those lines again. Yes, all I did on that source was make sure the defconfig was correct because Motorola gave us a wonky defconfig as you know from Slack. I also cleaned up the other defconfigs which aren't needed when the source on my git was only for Nash and no other device, so it was code not needed. That's fine, I'll bow out and stop.

I'm not in the other chat group and don't mean to offend you. Maybe came off a bit harsh but when I said what you removed from the source was wrong I meant it to be more of constructive criticism. The extra lines are a oversight on my part from lack of sleep between working on the kernel and recovery. :good:

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
I'm not in the other chat group and don't mean to offend you. Maybe came off a bit harsh but when I said what you removed from the source was wrong I meant it to be more of constructive criticism. The extra lines are a oversight on my part from lack of sleep between working on the kernel and recovery. :good:

My kernel source can be built after a clone with any Linux install. I was actually going to upstream it this weekend, so no kernel work was needed besides the upstream.

WeUseLord-

IMPORTANT NOTE :
At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) .

Installation Guide :
Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
Backup all the data because it will be formatted
Reboot to bootloader
Use the command fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash boot TWRP3.1.1.0nash.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot TWRP3.1.1.0nash.img (if you want temporary boot)
Then use @Chainfire cfar we have and run it normally (if you need instructions there here)
Once this does its thing you will have root and twrp!
boot to system and go through the setup process and make it to settings ----> security and see if you see encrypt.
If you do that means your good! You can now reboot to recovery and do what you want!

Download Links :
TWRP 3.1.1-0
CFAR

Bugs: Right now if you flash magisk it wont boot up due to the kernel not being decryptable still working on it atm!

Credits :

Source:https://github.com/jbats/android_device_motorola_nash-twrp

Testers:

Version Information

Created 2017-10-11
Last Updated 2017-10-11

(instructions were not clear I got my **** stuck in the toaster) jk but could I still do it if I didn't use cfar and got SuperSU a alternate way or will it not affect it

Last edited:

WeUseLord-

Lol this guy. I just tested a new way (apparently I was flashing an old twrp but I'm about to update the thread in a little bit) anyways you'll be able to just flash twrp and SuperSU and be good

Another question would I be able to flash this with flashfire my computer isn't booting up and if yes what would I select? (And yes I'm very new to all this I only started last year with all this Android modifications)

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
Few things, awesome job.

Internal SD card is still encrypted, so all the files are jumbled.

SuperSU is installed

Only some files will flash (osmosis BusyBox), but other zip files will not write to the system properly(Xposed, meli sound mod are a no go).

Xposed will install through the app.

Curious as to what I did wrong?

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Few things, awesome job.

Internal SD card is still encrypted, so all the files are jumbled.

SuperSU is installed

Only some files will flash (osmosis BusyBox), but other zip files will not write to the system properly(Xposed, meli sound mod are a no go).

Xposed will install through the app.

Curious as to what I did wrong?
your files are all jumbled because you didnt format data. xposed wont write right for some reason idk about the sound mod tho. Im about to update twrp here shortly

Reactions: Amd4life

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamncp.png

If you don't know how to return back to a working state if something is broken, please think twice before flashing this.

oawA6MR.png

qUR2397.png

ZyM7zMk.png

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    Warning: Make sure you make a backup of all your important data manually before flashing anything, making any backups or restoring.
    I'm not responsible for any data loss, bricks, or whatever went wrong on your device. At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) .

If you plan on using this on stock and have no root you wont be able to see any files due to encryption. To fix this FORMAT not wipe userdata then either flash supersu and not pass safety net or flash one of my roms(New one incoming)

Working
    Everything except what's not working, see below

Not working / issues
    Encryption

Logs

To get logs: Advanced ---> Copy log

Installation Guide :
    1. Download all files below on pc.
    2. BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA AS IT WILL BE WIPED!
    2.5 BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA AS IT WILL BE WIPED!
    3. Boot your phone to fastboot mode.
    3.a If you already have twrp disregard the next 2 lines
    4. Flash the twrp from below. Using the command "fastboot flash boot /path/to/twrp.img
    5. Boot to recovery through the fastboot menu.
    6. Go to wipe---Format data(FOR UNENCRYPTION)
    6.a IF ALREADY UNENCRYPTED JUST MAKE SURE YOU REFLASH YOUR ROOT OPTION
    7. When it says type in yes do it.
    8. Wait to finish then plug phone into pc.
    9. Transfer supersu to your phone.
    9.a Transfer magisk if you use it
    10. go to install and find the supersu/magisk zip you just pulled over.
    11. Flash it and reboot.
    12. Profit!
    12.25 Go through the setup process to get to settings. Go to security and check it your phone says encrypt. If it does your good.

IF WANTING UNENCRYPTION ON STOCK YOU HAVE TO FLASH SUPERSU AS MAGISK DOESNT FULLY UNENCRYPT THINGS YET IF ON A ROM LIKE MINE FLASH WHAT EVER LOL

Update Guide:
    1. Download new twrp
    2. Boot to twrp
    3. click on downloaded twrp
    4. flash
    5. REFLASH WHATEVER ROOT YOU HAD SUPERSU OR WHATEVER OR ELSE YOU WILL BOOT LOOP!

Download Links :
    Newest TWRP FLASHABLE PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT NUMBER 5 ABOVE
    FASTBOOT FLASHABLE TWRP 3.2.0.0
    Newest SuperSu
    Newest Magisk

CHANGELOG:
    V3.2
    UPGRADED TO LATEST 3.2.0.0
    ADDED LATEST UPSTREAM FROM @Uzephi

V3.1
    FIXED BOOTLOOP
    NEWEST KERNEL AT THIS TIME OF WRITING

V3
    Ability to flash bootlogos!
    Ability to backup and restore bootlogos
    Ability to Backup,Restore and wipe OEM partition.
    Ability to flash magisk(must be stock with oem partition in tact to PASS if your ok with cts profile mismatch then modify all you want)(Our phones use the new AVB Verity DM Verity 2.0 pretty much lol)
    Bug Fixes and other stuff im forgeting.
    Twrp is now flashable! just download the zip in the current twrp and flash!

Credits :

Source:JBATS
    Source:JOEMOSSJR
    Kernel Source:JOEMOSSJR

Testers:

Version Information

Created 2017-10-11
    Last Updated 2017-11-10
    NOW THIS IS A TEST. PLEASE USE THIS AS A TEST. THIS VERSION OF TWRP FLASHES TO THE PARTITION YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON A OR B. STILL HAS SUPPORT FOR EVERTHTING I MENTIONED EARLER. IF IT WORK I WILL ADD IT TO OP. LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZmW4gx5W2QL4ToF5mgjlOR_efyQ8OD7/view?usp=sharing
    https://xdaforums.com/pixel-xl/development/twrp-alpha1-pixel-devices-t3500312

These guys are using fastboot to boot the TWRP image and then flashing TWRP zip from inside TWRP. They also have slots a and b, as well as file-based encryption. I wonder if we could modify their attached installer for the same method?

working on it lol
    Twrp has been updated. Turns out it wasnt a problem with the kernel. Most people who flashed were rooted. If you install another twrp it wont be rooted. Supersu unencrypts you and if you remove it by flashing another twrp/kernel it will bootloop. Hence all the bootloops. Updated instructions please review updated links to include magisk and newest twrp and kernel
    if you have anymore problem please try flashing a flash all and trying again before reporting not working.
    New update!
    This is a big update lots of bug fixes still no encryption support sadly:( New features!
    CHANGELOG:
    Added support for flashing boot logos!
    Added support for backing up oem and restoring oem and also... Wiping oem!(not supported on Sprint)
    Added support for…................. Magisk!
    (Kinda buggy if you have any substratum themes it will cause safety net to pass also but not confirmed you need oem flashed to pass)
    Some little errors fixed here and there