FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Better boot logo

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By alienyd, Senior Member on 19th May 2018, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So finally, here is the template and flashing instructions for the boot logo of our Z2 Play.
With the template, you get that part "N/A" cosmetically covered up by a white cirle. You can then design your own logo based on this, just leave this white part as it is.
As I am not a fan of boot animation, this is just a simple logo screen, nothing more. This works without problem on my unbranded XT1710-09, and should also work on all other variants - I have NOT tested this on any other devices.
As with all cases, please DO BACKUP your device in advance. I am not responsible for your moaning on your new paperweight.
Note: you WILL get virus warning on the Motorola Boot Logo Maker. I don't know why, as I just found this little program online on some brazilian forums (together with the bin file) a long time ago. As far as I concern, it works without having any negative impact (that I can see) on my system. You can try it at your own risk. Credit of the program goes to the original creator.

Prerequisites:
- adb
- Moto driver
- adb debugging on
- MotoBootLogoMaker (attached)
- Template and logo.bin (attached)
- image processing software (to edit the template image)
- time, passion, and imagination for your own design

Intructions:
- Edit the template image as you wish, with your own design
- Open the included MotoBootLogoMaker
- Drag & drop logo.bin in it to open
- In the column on the left side, you will find different items, each with its own images, your job is to replace ALL relevant images: logo_boot, logo_, yellow, red, orange. Press Replace button and pick the your editted logo image.
Keep all other settings as is:
Motorola Device: Custom
Resolution: X-1080, Y-1920
Image Fill Options: Center
logo.bin format: KitKat
Image Orientation Options: Portrait
- Save the file as logo.bin - you can try to save it as zip and then flash it, but somehow it did not work for me!
- Reboot your Z2P to fastboot (from Power menu, TWRP, adb, whatever)
- Copy the logo.bin to adb folder on your PC and flash it with:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
- Restart

I hope you are smiling.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.24 MB, 1808 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to alienyd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alienyd Ad-Free

21st May 2018, 08:08 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Tkx for shared. I'll try tonight.
30th September 2018, 11:58 PM |#3  
Flag Lagos
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thanks for this, now i get to change my boot logo to whatever i want.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2nqey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 2nqey Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 04:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
I've been looking for this version, thanks. However, template sans editing is 720x1280 according to PC. In fact, everytime I try to edit template with "Pixlr" on the phone itself, such image gets reduced to 720x1280 even though Pixlr says it is 1080x1920. Obviously, flashing it results in logo being too small for Z2 Play screen. As I said, discarded is Pixlr being buggy since non edited template gets smaller directly on PC. Also, bootlogo maker reduces every single 1080x1920 image prior to formatting no matter what. Any hint?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to The Analog Kid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Analog Kid Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 09:25 AM |#5  

More
"Magnificent desolation" here, as well... Nevermind; I've managed to fix the issue by means of dropping a correctly sized logo.bin from a working flashable zip I've found somewhere in YouTube, drag and dropping it inside MBLM, then multi-replacing the required images with my very own, generating a new, useful logo.bin... However, I HAVEN'T rooted yet (it's been a PITA to find a working method for my Z2 Play) so I can't test that useful logo.bin at the moment, by replacing the one inside the flashable zip I've found (which is nice BTW) but it certainly should work, indeed. You might want to try. Here's the flashable zip I've modified.

PS: If OP wasn't able to flash his own generated zips, that's probably because the META-INF file in MBLM isn't correct for Z2 Play either, so you can just generate your own logo.bin with MBLM, to replace the one that's inside the zip I'm sharing, making things far easier:

Attached Files
File Type: zip Z2_Play_bootlogo_moto_flashable.zip - [Click for QR Code] (731.7 KB, 292 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Analog Kid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Analog Kid Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 09:33 AM |#6  

More
... This is the logo I've made, BTW:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z2_bootlogo_moto.png
Views:	236
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	4630987  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Analog Kid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Analog Kid Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 03:20 PM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Just made this flashable one to go with pixel bootanimation https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3695988

Looks good as wallpaper too this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11613_4k-google-g-minimalistic-wallpapers-by-jovicasmileski-on-deviantart_3840x2160_h_01_01_01.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	4631224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181031-142425.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	4631236  
Attached Files
File Type: zip GoogleLogo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.09 MB, 82 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cupcake 1.5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cupcake 1.5 Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 11:16 PM |#8  
Flag João Pessoa
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know where I can find the Original Logo to put in the Custom Rom?

Sent from my Z2 Play using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)