With the template, you get that part "N/A" cosmetically covered up by a white cirle. You can then design your own logo based on this, just leave this white part as it is.
As I am not a fan of boot animation, this is just a simple logo screen, nothing more. This works without problem on my unbranded XT1710-09, and should also work on all other variants - I have NOT tested this on any other devices.
As with all cases, please DO BACKUP your device in advance. I am not responsible for your moaning on your new paperweight.
Note: you WILL get virus warning on the Motorola Boot Logo Maker. I don't know why, as I just found this little program online on some brazilian forums (together with the bin file) a long time ago. As far as I concern, it works without having any negative impact (that I can see) on my system. You can try it at your own risk. Credit of the program goes to the original creator.
- Moto driver
- adb debugging on
- MotoBootLogoMaker (attached)
- Template and logo.bin (attached)
- image processing software (to edit the template image)
- time, passion, and imagination for your own design
- Edit the template image as you wish, with your own design
- Open the included MotoBootLogoMaker
- Drag & drop logo.bin in it to open
- In the column on the left side, you will find different items, each with its own images, your job is to replace ALL relevant images: logo_boot, logo_, yellow, red, orange. Press Replace button and pick the your editted logo image.
Keep all other settings as is:
Motorola Device: Custom
Resolution: X-1080, Y-1920
Image Fill Options: Center
logo.bin format: KitKat
Image Orientation Options: Portrait
- Save the file as logo.bin - you can try to save it as zip and then flash it, but somehow it did not work for me!
- Reboot your Z2P to fastboot (from Power menu, TWRP, adb, whatever)
- Copy the logo.bin to adb folder on your PC and flash it with:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
I hope you are smiling.