[Download] Z2 Play Pie OTA

Search This thread

ajaikumarnadar

Sep 9, 2016
MUMBAI
Redmi Note 10 Pro
TESTED IN INDIAN AND BRAZILIAN DEVICES

https://motoota.lolinet.com/index.p...&carrier=retbr&sn=SERIAL_NUMBER_NOT_AVAILABLE

FOR MEXICAN USERS
https://motoota.lolinet.com/index.p...&carrier=amxmx&sn=SERIAL_NUMBER_NOT_AVAILABLE

Pre-requisites:
1. Battery 50+%
2. Locked bootloader

How to install ?
Step 1: Place the downloaded zip in internal storage and rename it.
( Indian / Brazilian: Blur_Version.29.11.30.albus.retail.en.US.zip or Mexican: Blur_Version.29.11.31.albus.retail.en.US.zip)

Step 2: Go to settings -> apps -> show system apps
and then give storage permission for Motorola update services.

Step 3: Reboot the phone and then check for update in settings app.

#Youtube video tutorial by Rocha Tech
https://youtu.be/xJO31p4GLmU
(Just watch the video without sound if you understand the language )

#FAQ

1. What about my data after i install this update?
Ans: Your data is safe after installing the update. For more safety, you can backup your data as an additional safety measure.

2. Will this work on my bootloader unlocked device ?
Ans: No, it will not work with bootloader unlocked. You need to flash the Oreo stock rom to be able to flash this on your device.

3. Why my country name is not mentioned for updates ?
Ans: You may try Indian update zip file and if it doesn't work then try the Mexican one.

Credits:
Helton Vezzoni @erfanoabdi

Last edited:

XBrav

Feb 16, 2010
Calgary
Ok, trying the stock way:

1) Reboot into bootloader (Power + Vol Down)
2) Select boot into Recovery.
3) At "No Command" Screen, hold down Power and press Vol Up.
4) Load from SD card, or live dangerously like me and sideload via ADB (Minimal ADB and Fastboot seems to work for me)

Will update once the push is complete.

victorhbm15

Nov 19, 2014
Bogotá
I just downloaded.
Gave "Motorola Update Services" storage permission.
Copied the file from the computer to the phone's internal storage.
Checked for updates

And voilá, there was the update.

I'm already running Pie.

XBrav

Feb 16, 2010
Calgary
Up and running here. Didn't like my original image, but after flushing data, it booted fine. It did say I no longer qualify for updates which seems to be a new thing with Motorola and Pie, but common across other devices too. Either way, it all seems to be working.

flashnub

Sep 12, 2016
Currently running Stock Oreo Firmware locked Bootloader.
Trying to sideload via ADB, will post results after completion of process.

Last edited:

XBrav

Feb 16, 2010
Calgary
Tried.
Didn't work.

Can anybody guess what I did wrong?

Did you follow the steps I posted earlier? What does the phone show for errors?

For those of you who were curious:
1) Software channel remained the same.
2) Dual sim in XT1710-09 seems to be working fine so far (haven't tested a second sim, but the sim statuses are showing for both card slots).
3) No issues with mods so far (Tried the battery pack and gamepad. Hasselblad, projector and speaker are not with me).
4) Build number is PPS29.133-30, Patch Level September 1, 2019.

My phone is in Canada, and the modem patch included works fine as far as I've seen. I haven't fully tested the bluetooth stability yet to see if it's working better than before. Android Auto is working great though.

flashnub

Sep 12, 2016
My smartphone Model name is XT-1710-10, Dual SIM.
I was successfully able to sideload the Update, with the command
"adb sideload Blur_Version.29.11.30.albus.retail.en.US.zip".

It took around 15 to 18 mins for the sideload process to complete, later the phone restarted and showed the usual Moto loading screen for another 12mins or so, for a moment i thought it was stuck, but no, it successfully completed the update process.

Everything is functioning as usual, i noticed that the placement of signal bar, wifi icons, and battery icons on the top right corner of the screen seem to be not proper.

Same is the case with the arrangement of signal and wifi icons on top right portion inside notification drop down menu, seems to be too close to the screen edge.
Additional features I saw after the update are, 3 finger screenshot, Screenshot editor, Media controls provision inside 'Moto Actions'; Attentive display inside 'Moto display'.
Also the addition of "Digital Wellbeing" inside settings Menu.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Hello!

Is there an .xml file for this update?

OR

Any proper guide for sideload method?

Thanks

OK! I found a guide for Oreo OTA sideload install.
https://xdaforums.com/z2-play/how-to/official-oreo-z2-play-t3784660
I guess for Pie it is the same.

Tried.
Didn't work.

It took around 3hrs for me to solve the problem, I am still not clear, what was I doing wrong.
What worked for me somehow was... I properly uninstalled the old ADB installations first vis control panel and then downloaded the latest version of adb i.e adb-setup-1.4.6.exe, and repeated the normal procedure of adb sideload, this time it worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldUncle

Gil_xda

Oct 4, 2019
I couldn't find an option to enable Android Pie navigation gestures, even in System>Gestures, there is no option.

OldUncle

Feb 8, 2014
Tbilisi
Moto Z3 Play
Thanks to everyone who replied with advices :good:

It is my first try to Sidload OTA.

I found out that, I needed the latest OPS27.76-12-25-22/23 stock firmware and I was using OPS27.76-12-25-13.

I fastbooted to the latest but, it didn't work again and I think the reason is that my device is XT1710-11 (Chinese), though I have fastbooted it to RETEU version (Modems preserved) and works fine.

If my guess is correct, that means I need to wait for the fastboot version for Pie :eek:

saurav112214

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto
I get error while sideloading.. i need OPS27.76-12-25-22/23 firmware and I am using OPS27.76-12-42-13/16. On bell canada.

Any advise?

Ev107

Oct 5, 2019
Did you follow the steps I posted earlier? What does the phone show for errors?

For those of you who were curious:
1) Software channel remained the same.
2) Dual sim in XT1710-09 seems to be working fine so far (haven't tested a second sim, but the sim statuses are showing for both card slots).
3) No issues with mods so far (Tried the battery pack and gamepad. Hasselblad, projector and speaker are not with me).
4) Build number is PPS29.133-30, Patch Level September 1, 2019.

My phone is in Canada, and the modem patch included works fine as far as I've seen. I haven't fully tested the bluetooth stability yet to see if it's working better than before. Android Auto is working great though.

I too have an XT1710-09 (Europe, RETEU software channel). Any idea if this firmware will work for me? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TESTED IN INDIAN AND BRAZILIAN DEVICES

https://motoota.lolinet.com/index.p...&carrier=retbr&sn=SERIAL_NUMBER_NOT_AVAILABLE

FOR MEXICAN USERS
    https://motoota.lolinet.com/index.p...&carrier=amxmx&sn=SERIAL_NUMBER_NOT_AVAILABLE

Pre-requisites:
    1. Battery 50+%
    2. Locked bootloader

How to install ?
    Step 1: Place the downloaded zip in internal storage and rename it.
    ( Indian / Brazilian: Blur_Version.29.11.30.albus.retail.en.US.zip or Mexican: Blur_Version.29.11.31.albus.retail.en.US.zip)

Step 2: Go to settings -> apps -> show system apps
    and then give storage permission for Motorola update services.

Step 3: Reboot the phone and then check for update in settings app.

#Youtube video tutorial by Rocha Tech
    https://youtu.be/xJO31p4GLmU
    (Just watch the video without sound if you understand the language )

#FAQ

1. What about my data after i install this update?
    Ans: Your data is safe after installing the update. For more safety, you can backup your data as an additional safety measure.

2. Will this work on my bootloader unlocked device ?
    Ans: No, it will not work with bootloader unlocked. You need to flash the Oreo stock rom to be able to flash this on your device.

3. Why my country name is not mentioned for updates ?
    Ans: You may try Indian update zip file and if it doesn't work then try the Mexican one.

Credits:
    Helton Vezzoni @erfanoabdi
    Hi I have a XT1710-09 reteu...
    I installed the update yesterday. (downloaded it on PC, save it on root of phone storage, gave permission to moto update app, restarted and checked for an update)
    Everything went fine (I think)
    Thanks for the links and instructions boss!!!

General impression: It is not designed for our phones in mind... Install only if you painfully need a change. What you have is good, maybe even better.
    I don't like the new notification shade... it starts just below the "imagined" notch. (<aesthetically it irritates me even though I understand why google made it like that)
    The toogle icons are hideous green. (< there is no excuse for how ugly this is to my eyes)
    The clock is on the left side. (< this does not seem too big of a deal)
    I don't like the new volume control (<but potentially it may grow on me)
    Recent apps horizontal scrolling is not as efficient as it used to be... (<this is probably because we don't have the swipe gesture for which it was designed)
    Plus I hate the showing of "no recent items" as I swipe the last card...
    I don't like the new phone app... Favorites are bit smaller... I cannot swipe to go to the recent calls...
    But by far the biggest problem for me is the display brightness toogle.
    I don't use adaptive brightness... And my preferred brightness position was somewhere around 30-40 % on the slider...
    Now I have to pull it all the way to 95% to get the same result... And I'm not even sure if the maximum brightness is the same as before...

So at the end what do I like....
    To my eye it seems a bit more fluid, maybe it's the transitions.
    And it's a new-ish OS... that can't hurt..
    Screenshots are now a breeze...

Note for the screenshots: I use Rootless Launcher by Amir Zaidi and Rounded Corner by THSoftware and Moto One-button nav

Screenshot_20191016-073133.pngScreenshot_20191016-080534.jpgScreenshot_20191016-080906.png
    My smartphone Model name is XT-1710-10, Dual SIM.
    I was successfully able to sideload the Update, with the command
    "adb sideload Blur_Version.29.11.30.albus.retail.en.US.zip".

It took around 15 to 18 mins for the sideload process to complete, later the phone restarted and showed the usual Moto loading screen for another 12mins or so, for a moment i thought it was stuck, but no, it successfully completed the update process.

Everything is functioning as usual, i noticed that the placement of signal bar, wifi icons, and battery icons on the top right corner of the screen seem to be not proper.

Same is the case with the arrangement of signal and wifi icons on top right portion inside notification drop down menu, seems to be too close to the screen edge.
    Additional features I saw after the update are, 3 finger screenshot, Screenshot editor, Media controls provision inside 'Moto Actions'; Attentive display inside 'Moto display'.
    Also the addition of "Digital Wellbeing" inside settings Menu.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Hello!

Is there an .xml file for this update?

OR

Any proper guide for sideload method?

Thanks

OK! I found a guide for Oreo OTA sideload install.
    https://xdaforums.com/z2-play/how-to/official-oreo-z2-play-t3784660
    I guess for Pie it is the same.

Tried.
    Didn't work.

It took around 3hrs for me to solve the problem, I am still not clear, what was I doing wrong.
    What worked for me somehow was... I properly uninstalled the old ADB installations first vis control panel and then downloaded the latest version of adb i.e adb-setup-1.4.6.exe, and repeated the normal procedure of adb sideload, this time it worked.
    Do existing TWRP and Magisk root work?

its working great
    Starting to get real annoyed with Moto. Pretty much every other Z and G phone has been updated. What's the dang hold up on the Z2???