FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] [OTA] Oreo for Z2 Play

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By raphamfc, Junior Member on 1st May 2018, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello fellas

Finally i catch OREO from Z2 Play and posting for all , it was a hard work of 3 days to scripting and get a valid serial number

I am not responsible for any brick in the device and only do the procedures if you are sure of what you are doing .

This will not avoid your warranty (if you have locked bootloader) and you will still be available to get automatic OTA from your device.

Warning:

* You need to have february patch from Nougat and buildnumber (NPSS26.118-19-1-6) to install OTA.
* If you have a different buildnumber or your device is branded to any carrier, you need to install a fresh nougat compatible with this OTA.
* Dont try ota update with custom rom, root, magisk or whatever. Install fresh nougat first.
* I recommend to make a backup of all yours data (they might be lost in process)
* Make a backup of your EFS partition.
* You cant downgrade to NOUGAT again, your IMEI and SIMCARD will be not available due partition and bootloader compatibility.
* If you brick your device, erase all your userdata, cache, system from device and install a fresh nougat to update OTA again, cause if not you can get stuck in bootloop.

* Be sure adb/fastboot will recognize your device using (fastboot devices or adb devices)

Download:
Stock NOUGAT NPS26.118.19-1-6
Motorola Drivers
Standalone ADB/FASTBOOT (thanks XDA/ GOOGLE)
Download OTA

Steps for installing OTA:
1. Connect your device in USB and install Motorola Drivers (I recommend dont try to install drivers first)
2. Download adb/fastboot and extract it (i suggest c:\adb for beginners)
3. Download OTA (dont extract) and place it in adb folder
4. Make a factory reset (recommended)
5 Be sure you have atleast 50% of your battery
6. Shutdown your phone, enter in recovery mode then hold power and press volume down for 1 second and release both.
7. Choose apply update from adb
8. In command prompt goto adb folder, then execute command: adb sideload Blur_Version.27.21.26.albus.retail.en.US.zip

It may take a while for install, so please be patient.

If i forget anything please tell me to i fix the post.

If you have got an OTA from another country (india, europe and others...) and you dont know how to catch it, please be free to contact me , so we can release it together and help others !

Thanks Junior Passos
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to raphamfc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raphamfc Ad-Free

2nd May 2018, 03:48 PM |#2  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 834

More
Good job @raphamfc. Thanks.
3rd May 2018, 01:42 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Unable to download "Stock NOUGAT NPS26.118.19-1-6", and I've had a few others try as well; no luck. It gets to about 0.2/1.9GB and fails.
3rd May 2018, 02:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Worked for me
3rd May 2018, 02:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Moto z2 Play
hello it turns out that it tries to degrade nougat and it turns out that now I have been stuck for security downgrade so can I fix this to reinstall oreo?
there is not a method to flash it?
3rd May 2018, 02:53 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My update but i'm not really sure why. I have the NPSS26.118-19-1-6 build, installed as Junior Passos suggested, everything works fine. But it displays an error when trying to sideload de OTA. Could it be because my bootloader is unlocked?

Thank you guys, you are far way better support than Motorola itself.

Mod edit: OP quote removed

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

The error i'm getting says: E2004: oem partition fails to recover... oem has been remounted R/W and has changed the partition contents... Partition contents should not be changed for successful updates; reflash devide to enable OTA updatesE:Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 7).

I'm going to try reflashing 7.1.1 and then sideloading the OTA to 8.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanefc

My update but i'm not really sure why. I have the NPSS26.118-19-1-6 build, installed as Junior Passos suggested, everything works fine. But it displays an error when trying to sideload de OTA. Could it be because my bootloader is unlocked?

3rd May 2018, 04:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
IT WORKED! Thanks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanefc

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

The error i'm getting says: E2004: oem partition fails to recover... oem has been remounted R/W and has changed the partition contents... Partition contents should not be changed for successful updates; reflash devide to enable OTA updatesE:Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 7).

I'm going to try reflashing 7.1.1 and then sideloading the OTA to 8.0

3rd May 2018, 04:28 AM |#8  
Flag Saint Christophe sur Guiers
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello, I am currently in version NPSS26.118-19-22. must I downgrade in NPSS26.118-19-1-6 version to flash the OTA?
the OTA file says enUS: does it work in europe?

Sorry for my English, I'm French.
----------
Bonjour, je suis actuellement en version NPSS26.118-19-22. Est ce que je suis obligé de redescendre en version NPSS26.118-19-1-6 pour flasher la OTA?
le fichier OTA indique en.US : est ce qu'il fonctionne en europe?

désolé pour mon anglais je suis Français.
3rd May 2018, 09:26 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniyouki

Hello, I am currently in version NPSS26.118-19-22. must I downgrade in NPSS26.118-19-1-6 version to flash the OTA?
the OTA file says enUS: does it work in europe?

Sorry for my English, I'm French.
----------
Bonjour, je suis actuellement en version NPSS26.118-19-22. Est ce que je suis obligé de redescendre en version NPSS26.118-19-1-6 pour flasher la OTA?
le fichier OTA indique en.US : est ce qu'il fonctionne en europe?

désolé pour mon anglais je suis Français.

If you check your ro.build.version.full (via adb shell, and command: getprop ro.build.version.full) you'll see that your phone is also .en.US. In my case I'm on retapac (pacific software channel) and I have the version Blur_Version.27.21.26.albus.retail.en.US.
Try to check that, and if you see en.US, don't worry aobut the version.

I also downgraded to NPSS26.118-19-1-6 to install Oreo OTA.
The Following User Says Thank You to carvido1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carvido1 Ad-Free
3rd May 2018, 09:41 AM |#10  
Flag Saint Christophe sur Guiers
Thanks Meter: 6

More
thank's a lot for your answer : it's write :
Blur_Version.26.286.28.albus.retail.en.US
So must I downgrade?
3rd May 2018, 02:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It works with the Mexican variant XT1710-06, first you have to install the nougat ROM with the February patch following the steps in the the Junior pasos trheat. Also, I don't know if there's an error in your instructions but in order to do the sideload, in the recovery you have to use the Vol+ button to access the menu. That's what I did in my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)