FORUMS

[7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-5.1 [z3c]

3,368 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,799

Post Reply Email Thread

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads:
Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-01-01
Last Updated 2018-03-17
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2017, 06:28 AM |#2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 828

More
First! Yay! Question1: Is the camera working?
Question 2: Is there VOLTE?
And a tip: Please add a list of features working and not working
BTW @Myself5 , great work on the kernel
Edit: Error 7 in TWRP, editing updater-script and trying again.
Edit 2: Removed getprop commands. no error 7. extracting system right now
Edit 3(Final): Rom boots up. Network working. Connects to LTE. Wifi working. Very smooth.
But camera doesnt work. Once you get it working, i will be back
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panzerox123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift panzerox123 Ad-Free
1st January 2017, 09:11 AM |#3  
Flag Anqing
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Great job! but camera doesn't work and the phone isn't sleep(cpu is stilll running when screen is off). Sorry for my English
1st January 2017, 09:29 AM |#4  
Flag Tarnów
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Very nice! First official 7.1.1 ROM There is also one more bug, when I tried to launch a torch from a quick settings the phone rebooted itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3fishu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3fishu Ad-Free
1st January 2017, 10:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I will definitely use this rom if sony improves aosp camera with new blobs.
1st January 2017, 11:51 AM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerox123

First! Yay! Question1: Is the camera working?
Question 2: Is there VOLTE?
And a tip: Please add a list of features working and not working
BTW @Myself5 , great work on the kernel
Edit: Error 7 in TWRP, editing updater-script and trying again.
Edit 2: Removed getprop commands. no error 7. extracting system right now
Edit 3(Final): Rom boots up. Network working. Connects to LTE. Wifi working. Very smooth.
But camera doesnt work. Once you get it working, i will be back

Feature List is WIP. Will be delivered later on this week.
There just was no time to do this this morning 4AM, jenkins just took up too much time :P
Q2: Never tested that, my SIM doesn't support it, neither is there LTE coverage for it here. Would be cool if you could try and report back.

Error7: You probably had a recovery that was using "z3c" as the device name, I went for the real Sony codename (aries). Might not have been the best idea, as it was already misstaken as a Xiaomi Mi2 here https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...ut_for_xiaomi/

Regarding cam: this phone is going to kill me. On my testbuild I did yesterday cam was working flawlessly...
I'll review the weekly and see if I can upload a new one.

Also, is anyone here experiencing any NFC issues? Its working fine on my Z3C, but @ronin86 keeps on having issues with it with it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2017, 11:57 AM |#7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 828

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself5

Feature List is WIP. Will be delivered later on this week.
There just was no time to do this this morning 4AM, jenkins just took up too much time :P
Q2: Never tested that, my SIM doesn't support it, neither is there LTE coverage for it here. Would be cool if you could try and report back.

Error7: You probably had a recovery that was using "z3c" as the device name, I went for the real Sony codename (aries). Might not have been the best idea, as it was already misstaken as a Xiaomi Mi2 here https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...ut_for_xiaomi/

Regarding cam: this phone is going to kill me. On my testbuild I did yesterday cam was working flawlessly...
I'll review the weekly and see if I can upload a new one.

Also, is anyone here experiencing any NFC issues? Its working fine on my Z3C, but @ronin86 keeps on having issues with it with it.

Thanks for the reply! I haven't tried NFC, switched back to my ROM. I was just trying out new ROMs. Great job on the ROM btw, apart from camera, the ROM is pretty stable. I didn't want to switch, but camera is a deal breaker for me.
I would love to switch to 7.1.1. Maybe you might want to consider switching the bootanim... its kinda choppy

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3fishu

Very nice! First official 7.1.1 ROM There is also one more bug, when I tried to launch a torch from a quick settings the phone rebooted itself.

Torch was greyed out for me, I couldn't turn it on.
Dinkec27
1st January 2017, 12:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does this ROM work with MultiROM?
1st January 2017, 03:07 PM |#9  
Flag Hagen
Thanks Meter: 1,331

More
First of all a

REAL BIG THX

to @Myself5 for all his engagement and calmness while the developing time....

Concerning NFC : with the last prerelease Version i decided to flash first the ROM, then directly without booting newest OpenGapps nano and SuperSU 2.79 - And after booting the miracle happens - NFC switch appears and keeps static - and it reacts to a NFC chip by opening the related website...

I also encountered a permanent wakelock maybe related to charging and not rebooting afterward .... i have to check

Cam was working in the prerelease version

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you

Rhonin
1st January 2017, 03:29 PM |#10  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 18

More
how to install???
1st January 2017, 03:41 PM |#11  
Flag Tarnów
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3fishu

Torch was greyed out for me, I couldn't turn it on.

Ikr, but when I pressed it to see if it's working my phone rebooted itself.

EDIT: There is also one more bug, related to phone calls. I can hear person which is talking to me clearly, but the person to which I'm talking hear something like (echo of my voice?). That's the only problem in term of phone calls, because I didn't experienced reboots during phone calls, and it appears that the volume is changing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)