A guy asked me to create a thread of flashable pre-rooted firmwares so i did it. this thread is for lazy peoples who don't want or can't create their own pre-rooted firmware
If you've never flashed a pre-rooted firmware in recovery mode before, please read carefully all the warnings and the instructions for beginners.
Before any question, read all the FAQs.
Any suggestion is welcome!
- This process will NOT void your warranty! (if your bootloader is still locked)
- No root needed.
- Custom recovery is required!
- This process will NOT unlock your device: if your bootloader is still locked, it will remain locked.
- This process will NOT re-lock your device: if your bootloader is already unlocked, it will remain unlocked.
- With this process you won't lose your DRM keys (locked bootloader), so don't worry about it
- This process will NOT delete all your user data (apps, accounts and so on...), but doing dirty install can make your device unstable. a full wipe is always recommended!!!
- This process will NOT delete your internal memory.
- This process will NOT delete anything inside your SD card.
Don't be overly confident! If you've got important files in your phone (like pictures, documents, videos...) which you can't absolutely lose, make a copy and keep it in a safe place before any change!
Please read the F.A.Q before posting!
Q: I cannot find root... where is my root?
A: All firmwares always have SuperSU included so you can't just lose the root. Have you flashed the pre-rooted firmware with other recovery? If so, please try TWRP recovery!
Q: Are these firmwares odexed or deodexed? Since they are stock, must be odexed. Right?
A: Yes, they are odexed and untouched.
Q: Will OTA (over-the-air) updates stop working?
A: No, OTA will be preserved and you'll receive the next upgrades as usual.
Remember that OTA works only with locked bootloader.
Q: Can I install a firmware from a country which is not mine?
A: Yes you can, as all the unbranded firmwares are almost the same stuff except for some apps that can be uninstalled without any problem.
Anyway it's better to choose the country nearest to you, because there could be some little differencies with network settings.
Q: What's my current customization number?
A: Open the phone dial pad and press *#*#7378423#*#*, then tap on Service info > Software info and read the number under "Customization Version". You can find a complete list of customizations HERE.
Q: Can I install a firmware for another phone model which is not mine?
A: Never do that, especially if you're a noob: you could mess up your device seriously!
Q: My current firmware is already rooted, will I need to root again after flashing?
A: No you don't need.
Q: Can I flash a firmware with CWM/Philz?
A: Yes you can, but since peoples created a firmware with PRFcreator 1.0 it will cause the phone to bootloop "set_perm some changes failed"!
How to flash
Important: Make a backup before flashing!
- Download and copy the pre-rooted firmware into the micro SDcard
- Reboot your phone, boot into the recovery before the phone boot into Android OS (if you knew how to do it). If you using XZDualRecovery, press VOL DOWN to boot into TWRP or VOL UP to boot into CWM after your phone vibrate twice. I recommended TWRP!
- Wipe /data, /dalvik-cache, and /cache (recommended)
- Open "Install ZIP" and go to the location where you copied the firmware
- Boot your phone. It will take 10 minutes to boot for the first time
How to make a pre-rooted firmware
Do you need/want a pre-rooted firmware which is not already present inside the list? Try to make your own pre-rooted firmware by yourself!
You need PRFCreator and read the tutorial.
Download SuperSU and XZDualRecovery flashable ZIP
Are you interested in 4G or LTE icon? Here is a list, in order to choose the best firmware for you.
Please, help me to keep it updated and tell me if you find out which icon is inside a firmware not listed below
D5803: Baltic, France, Greece, Israel, Netherlands, Nordic, Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom
D5833: Australia, Brazil
D5803: CE1 (Central Europe), Global, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, USA
D5833: Hong Kong
evildog1 (pre-rooted NORDIC roms)
and thanks to other peoles who made pre-rooted roms