FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[List][FTF] Stock Firmwares + Concept (18/10/2016)

1,462 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,463

By istux, Senior Member on 15th October 2014, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please, don't be lazy!
If you've never flashed a "z3 compact" before, please read carefully all the warnings and the instructions for beginners.
Before any question, read all the FAQs.

Any suggestion is welcome!

WARNINGS
  • This process will NOT void your warranty!
  • Almost all the languages are included in EVERY firmware.
    Anyway if you need a rare language, try a firmware from your region or from the country closest to you.
  • FTF files can be installed with both locked & unlocked bootloaders.
  • No root needed.
  • This process will NOT unlock your device: if your bootloader is still locked, it will remain locked.
  • This process will NOT re-lock your device: if your bootloader is already unlocked, it will remain unlocked.
  • With this process you won't lose your DRM keys, so don't worry about it
  • This process will delete all your user data (all apps installed, your google account ...and so on).
    If you don't want to lose your data, you can unckeck "DATA" within the wipe box just before installing, but remember:
    -a full wipe is always recommended
    -a full wipe is MANDATORY when you move from an android version to another (e.g. from 4.4.4 to 5.0 or vice versa)
  • This process will delete your internal memory. So, be careful and make a backup to an external memory!
  • This process will NOT delete anything inside your SD card.

Don't be overly confident! If you've got important files in your phone (like pictures, documents, videos...) which you can't absolutely lose, make a copy and keep it in a safe place before any change!

F.A.Q.
  • Will OTA (over-the-air) updates stop working?
    No, OTA will be preserved and you'll receive the next upgrades as usual.
    Remember that OTA works only with locked bootloader.
    -
  • I flashed a FTF with a different customization, will I get updates for this firmware or for the one that was originally installed in my phone?
    You will receive updates for the last firmware you've flashed.
    If you want to roll back to the original one, you have to flash your original customization via Flashtool.
    -
  • Can I install a firmware from a country which is not mine?
    Yes you can, as all the unbranded firmwares are almost the same stuff except for some apps that can be uninstalled without any problem.
    Anyway it's better to choose the country nearest to you, because there could be some little differencies with network settings.
    -
  • What's my current customization number?
    Open the phone dial pad and press *#*#7378423#*#*, then tap on Service info > Software info and read the number under "Customization Version".
    You can find a complete list of customizations HERE.
    -
  • Can I install a firmware for another phone model which is not mine?
    Never do that, especially if you're a noob: you could mess up your device seriously!
    So, you're free to try but it's at your own risk! You have been warned.
    -
  • My current firmware is already rooted, will I need to root again after flashing?
    Yes you will, as every time you flash you erase the system partition entirely (root included).
    -
  • Flashtool asks me to "Please move C:\Flashtool\firmwares content to C:\Users\yourusername\.flashTool\firmwares". What should I do?
    Close Flashtool and then go into C:\Flashtool directory, cut the "firmwares" folder and paste it inside C:\Users\yourusername\.flashTool directory.
    Do not just copy, because it's not enough and it will keep on asking to move.
    So, you have to cut and paste OR ELSE copy, paste and delete the old folder.
    -
  • My network is "3 UK" and after the last update my tethering/hotspot stopped working. What can I do?
    Try to flash the UK unbranded firmware [confirmed working with 23.0.1.A.5.77].
    Else you can try this workaround (thanks to @grockstar)

HOW TO FLASH - INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEGINNERS
  1. Download and install Flashtool on your PC
    If you have problems with drivers, you should go into the Flashtool\drivers folder to install them
    If you are a Windows 8.1 64bit user, you may need a patch from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=41804, then reboot and restart the Flashtool
  2. Download the firmware you need (from the list below) and move it into the C:\Users\yourusername\.flashTool\firmwares directory
  3. Open Flashtool
    If Flashtool asks you to "Please move C:\Flashtool\firmwares content to C:\Users\yourusername\.flashTool\firmwares", then close Flashtool and go into C:\Flashtool directory, cut the "firmwares" folder and paste it inside C:\Users\yourusername\.flashTool directory.
    Do not just copy, because it's not enough and it will keep on asking to move.
    So, you have to cut and paste OR ELSE copy, paste and delete the old folder.
  4. Now click on the lightning symbol ("flash device"), select "Flashmode" and click on "OK"
  5. Select the name of what you downloaded
  6. Tick all the items inside the "Wipe" box (APPS_LOG and USERDATA must be checked to avoid issues)
  7. Click on "Flash"
  8. Wait for a window to pop up (it may take a few minutes, be patient)
  9. Now everything is ready: turn off your phone
  10. Push the volume-down button, keep pushing and connect to your PC
  11. Once the flashing process has started, release the volume rocker as soon as possible
  12. NEVER disconnect the USB cable until it's finished!!!
  13. Turn on and enjoy!

HOW TO MAKE A FTF
Do you need/want a firmware which is not already present inside the list?
Try to make your own FTF by yourself!

You need Flashtool and XperiFirm.
Here's a very good TUTORIAL.
From Flashtool 0.9.18.6 onwards, you can download and make your own FTF just by clicking on "XF" icon. Very easy and friendly!
Once you finish, please be so kind to share your FTF with the rest of the world

LTE/4G icons
Are you interested in 4G or LTE icon? Here is a list, in order to choose the best firmware for you.
Please, help me to keep it updated and tell me if you find out which icon is inside a firmware not listed below

4G icon
D5803: Baltic, France, Greece, Israel, Netherlands, Nordic, Russia, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom
D5833: Australia, Brazil

LTE icon
D5803: CE1 (Central Europe), Global, Germany, Italy, MENA (Arabic), Switzerland, Turkey, USA
D5833: Hong Kong
The Following 151 Users Say Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift istux Ad-Free

15th October 2014, 09:09 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano

More
Marshmallow

Stock Android 6.0.1

Xperia Z3 compact LTE-A [D5803]

Firmware: 23.5.A.1.291
Firmware: 23.5.A.0.575
Firmware: 23.5.A.0.570
Xperia Z3 compact TD-LTE [D5833]

Firmware: 23.5.A.1.291
Firmware: 23.5.A.0.575
Firmware: 23.5.A.0.570
Concept Android 6.0.1

[D5803] & [D5833]

Firmware: 3657
WARNING: Before flashing, update Flashtool to version 0.9.22.3 onwards (to be sure to avoid "SIMLOCK" issues).
WARNING 2: While flashing, say NO to "fcs-script".

Firmware: 3606
WARNING: Before flashing, update Flashtool to version 0.9.22.3 onwards (to be sure to avoid "SIMLOCK" issues).

Firmware: 3561

Firmware: 3027

Firmware: 2157

Firmware: 2099

Firmware: 2058

Lollipop

Stock Android 5.1.1
>>>CLICK HERE<<<

Stock Android 5.0.2
>>>CLICK HERE<<<

KitKat

Stock Android 4.4.4
>>>CLICK HERE<<<

_
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift istux Ad-Free
15th October 2014, 10:59 PM |#3  
Flag Lviv
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
D5803 23.0.A.2.93 Unbranded Ukraine (1289-0537)
http://oceanhost.eu/ydqe95osc134/D58...kraine.ftf.htm
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MScorpionZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MScorpionZ Ad-Free
16th October 2014, 09:36 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MScorpionZ

D5803 23.0.A.2.93 Unbranded Ukraine (1289-0537)
http://oceanhost.eu/netgsd10cirl/D58...kraine.ftf.htm

Added
The Following User Says Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift istux Ad-Free
18th October 2014, 09:28 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Is there any difference between uk 105 and rus 93? I got rus 93, but I am not sure if 105 firmware will make any difference.

Send from Xperia Z3 Compact
18th October 2014, 12:47 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodycd

Is there any difference between uk 105 and rus 93? I got rus 93, but I am not sure if 105 firmware will make any difference.

I actually don't know, but I suggest waiting for 106 which should be released next week
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift istux Ad-Free
18th October 2014, 01:42 PM |#7  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 280

More
How can I tell which customization my phone has? It says 1288-6091
18th October 2014, 02:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I am new to Sony phones, so I don't know where to read about firmware releases and change logs.

18th October 2014, 03:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baste07

How can I tell which customization my phone has? It says 1288-6091

According to XperiFirm, 1288-6091 is a D5833 from Australia, brand Telstra.
XperiFirm is a good tool to know all about customizations and updates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift istux Ad-Free
18th October 2014, 05:34 PM |#10  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Thanks mate! I'll check that tool when I can log into my laptop.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I should be able to flash any firmware (when available) to make it generic right
18th October 2014, 06:27 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baste07

Thanks mate! I'll check that tool when I can log into my laptop.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I should be able to flash any firmware (when available) to make it generic right

Yeah right, it must be unbranded from any country, it doesn't really matter which one
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)