Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2016, 04:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
the only way for today is replacing motherboard... sony sucks. never again

26th January 2016, 10:54 PM |#12  

More
I just wrote on the sony xperia support forum, somebody talks about a fix they provided for the xperia m series that seems to be affected by the same issue. But for our z series it seems not to be any fix at the moment.
After suceeding the GPS diagnostic test in the settings once, the GPS seems to be fully broken with no tracked satellite at all (before it was at least tracking a few satellites with a very poor SNR, now nothing according to GPS Test app). Repeating the GPS diagnostics now always results in an error. I'll try the warranty return but I'm pretty sure they'll give me a faulty device, as many other here and on the other forum have experienced.
31st January 2016, 07:24 AM |#13  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Same problem ... just got the phone days ago.

Any solution ? or do I need to return it ...
8th February 2016, 11:04 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had issues with GPS, could see satellites but no fix on any. after expired warranty I rooted it and used 4 different ROMs, worked on all of them. instant lock on min 6 satellites. I am aware it could be HW issues but this is my experience with this problem.
8th February 2016, 03:15 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjurac

I had issues with GPS, could see satellites but no fix on any. after expired warranty I rooted it and used 4 different ROMs, worked on all of them. instant lock on min 6 satellites. I am aware it could be HW issues but this is my experience with this problem.

I'm more and more convinced that this is a SW issue. Sony did something wrong when updating the firmware in August 2015. The fact that the satellites are visible comes in my opinion from the AGPS data, which loads the konwn satellite positions from the Internet. Instead, the problem seems to be the locking of a satellite signal, and it seems that something is disturbing the GPS antenna. If it comes out that this is really the issue, it is very disappointing that Sony didn't do absolutely nothing to solve the issue since last summer.
13th February 2016, 06:47 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I'm using CM12.1 nigthlies and since about December/January I have the same problem. So a custom ROM does neither help nor prevent the problem. In addition to that, compass is uncalibrated and I don't get it calibrated again. Really sucks, last year I used the Z3C for lots of outdoor navigation, and suddenly something has happend which makes the device unusable...
The Following User Says Thank You to Nosepull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nosepull Ad-Free
12th April 2016, 06:43 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I did root with kingroot and changed /etc/system/gps.conf as described in code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=81140#c695

Now my GPS is locking again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Larrxi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Larrxi Ad-Free
16th April 2016, 07:34 AM |#18  

More
Did not help for me. Currently I don't even get bad fixes, I get no fixes at all. Never ever, even after hours in the open. This sucks.
17th April 2016, 09:03 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
Disabling google maps helped me. Before 0 sats visible, after disabling it locks within seconds.
17th April 2016, 10:53 PM |#20  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 996

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apneist

Hi,
Disabling google maps helped me. Before 0 sats visible, after disabling it locks within seconds.

I had the opposite experience, I had no lock, I was trying everything, then I opened maps and I had lock in under ten seconds.
I wonder if it's a glitch in accepting the google 'we're going to follow your movements' contract. Because until I agreed to that, gps didn't work.
18th April 2016, 04:30 AM |#21  

More
I'm GApps-free. However, it worked last year, also without GApps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)