FORUMS

[resolved] HELP - stuck on 4.4.4 boot loop

175 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By beflythis, Senior Member on 18th September 2017, 12:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Bought a replacement z3c as my former camera broke, WOW I do not remember this much pain in rooting the phone the first time.
I went through the dilligence of backing up the DRM keys - first time flashing down to 4.4.4 was somewhat painless, although in the .ftf i was using (I think it was an unbranded CE), i was getting CONSTANT process errors.

I've since flashed it back and forth (mistakenly flashed a forward .ftf build - 6.01 experiental) and now when I try to flash back to 4.4.4 (successful flash), upon boot, it attempts to put me through the language selection prompt, but I get a "google partner setup has stopped" that appears to freeze the device, and it reboots. constant boot loop - no ability to root as i don't have any system stability.

I'm trying to try different 4.4.4 versions in attempt to workaround this, but if anyone has insight it would be GREATLY appreciated.

*tear*

thanks in advance!

EDIT: RESOLVED - in flashtool, I checked the boxes to wipe data and user data when flashing new FTFs and that resolved the consistent crashing issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)