Quote:

#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Instructions

If installing fresh and/or coming from another ROM (including previous PA versions)
  1. Reboot into Recovery (Please use the latest TWRP) and MAKE A BACKUP!
  2. Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache
  3. Flash Latest OFFICIAL STOCK ROM - This will ensure a clean system and all bootloader etc updated to latest.
  4. Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache
  5. Flash the ROM
  6. Flash GApps
  7. Flash SuperSU (if you want to have root, that is)
  8. Wipe Caches and Reboot
  9. Profit!

Download Links
AOSPA Links
#StayParanoid

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android 6.0.x, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
tomgus1, sonyxperiadev, PA Team
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSPA

Version Information

Created 2016-08-08
Last Updated 2016-08-11
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tomgus1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomgus1 Ad-Free
9th August 2016, 10:10 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Except for the camera bugs, seems to be stable. I've read somewhere about Sony releasing new sources for camera. Are these new sources used in this ROM?
10th August 2016, 11:14 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliopw

Except for the camera bugs, seems to be stable. I've read somewhere about Sony releasing new sources for camera. Are these new sources used in this ROM?

You are correct in that Sony will be releasing new binaries for camera and this is indeed what we are using for PA on Sony. However this work will take time, but we will in the end have Nexus like support for Sony devices.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tomgus1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomgus1 Ad-Free
10th August 2016, 05:03 PM |#5  
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgus1

You are correct in that Sony will be releasing new binaries for camera and this is indeed what we are using for PA on Sony. However this work will take time, but we will in the end have Nexus like support for Sony devices.

That's what we are waiting for, Nexus like support
However due to that nasty reversed fish-eye people just gave up, since Sony didn't release proper binaries and blobs. Lets see if that gets fixed with those releases.
10th August 2016, 06:24 PM |#6  

More
Yeah. Making the camera work properly seems to be the biggest difficulty in developing for the Z3C. I will test every build and give feedback. Thanks!
11th August 2016, 01:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
@tomgus1 thanks for the rom !!
@juliopw source about new camera blobs ? Thanks !
11th August 2016, 01:28 AM |#8  

More
@snaky90 Can't remember where I saw it. Only found this old post. Sorry. I will look into it again.
11th August 2016, 03:54 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have a lot of problems with this rom! Sometimes I have lag and my phone has randoms reboots. The camera worked at the first time with a very bad quality. Now I can not acces to the camera because I got a error code.
Please fix this problems
11th August 2016, 12:01 PM |#10  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 1,813

More
@TomGus 1 hi I can't find your sources on the official PA repository. Are you using the sony open devices repos for device tree etc?
11th August 2016, 12:27 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have a lot of problems with this rom! Sometimes I have lag and my phone has randoms reboots. The camera worked at the first time with a very bad quality. Now I can not acces to the camera because I got a error code.
Please fix this problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2

@TomGus 1 hi I can't find your sources on the official PA repository. Are you using the sony open devices repos for device tree etc?

Hi, for the reboots etc this is a kernel issue. Currently we are using the 1.2.2 branch from sonyxperiadev which has an issue with vidc/iommu. This is fixed in the 1.3.3 branch but currently Camera is not yet supported. Once support is added we will move over. I can confirm that it is fixed as I am currently running from that branch at the sacrifice of no camera.

For your current camera issue please try a reboot or going into recovery and wiping dalvik/cache and trying again. Had this happen once and a reboot fixed it.

We are using Sony Open Devices repositories for all Sony Devices as seen in our dependency files.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomgus1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomgus1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)