FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

RetCA getting Pie; RetUS still no dice.

616 posts
Thanks Meter: 679

By Caldair, Senior Member on 9th April 2019, 12:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My wife's Z3 Play (unlocked 32gb, from Moto) on the retca software channel just received the official OTA Pie update with Feb security patch; Which is great!
... And I'm not at all jealous that my Z3 Play (unlocked 64gb, from B&H) on retus software channel is still not getting the update... Nope, not at all.
The worst part is she could not care less, but I've been actively checking for updates like 4 times a day for weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caldair For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Caldair Ad-Free

9th April 2019, 02:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My Z3 Play on retca received the Android Pie update on April 5th.
9th April 2019, 03:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldair

The worst part is she could not care less, but I've been actively checking for updates like 4 times a day for weeks.

I hear ya. This is total BS and Motorola is responsible for not only being lazy with updates but also security.
J
29th April 2019, 05:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
TBF, I'd rather it be fully vetted as a botched update is often less secure than the exploit it's trying to fix.

That said, it would almost seem like Moto US is checking the update IN ADDITION to the RETCA people. I'd imagine, Moto needs to restructure their update channel to where Moto US just needs to approve the Moto US exclusive apps.
2nd May 2019, 12:19 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
well the RETUS is in the MFN testing phase so..

also guys please note, that android pie on this phone does not ship with the stock gesture controls that a lot of people like. its only available on motorolas Android One phones.
7th May 2019, 11:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My phone received an another update : PPWS29.131-27-1-2 but the security patch is still February 1st

Is that a second revision of the Pie update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)