[How-to] root, the more easy way

Search This thread

yarmobile

Jun 4, 2014
One post / instruction?

Is there ONE manual / instruction / post which one can use to safely root the device? Or is it 100s of posts contradicting one another, which you have to go through? OK no problem, I will then.

Last edited:

ThemGo

Mar 10, 2015
Is there ONE manual / instruction / post which one can use to safely root the device? Or is it 100s of posts contradicting one another, which you have to go through? OK no problem, I will then.

Unfortunately there are several methods to root, mostly depending on whether the boot loader should be locked (unlocking destroys the DRM keys forever) and which android version you want to have.

If you prefer locked boot loader with current android (MM 6.0.1 / 575) then I recommend this method:
https://xdaforums.com/z3/general/recovery-root-mm-575-291-lb-t3435214/post68410678#post68410678
The method was ported from Z3C to Z3 and from there to Z3TC... so the thread currently still resides in the Z3 section.

I once rooted my Z3TC (SGP621) on android 4.4.4 (which was quite challenging...), and now I am gathering information to lift it on 6.0.1 with the new method (which in comparison seems to be very easy). Still a lot of posts to be read...

Last edited:

yarmobile

Jun 4, 2014
If you prefer locked boot loader with current android (MM 6.0.1 / 575) then I recommend this method:
https://xdaforums.com/z3/general/recovery-root-mm-575-291-lb-t3435214/post68410678#post68410678

Hi, thanks for the info . I see my model is SGP611 and shoey63 did not include it in his recommendations to use his method. As to locked boot loader - I guess it is better to have it not to lose warranty.
What do you think of these:
https://www.search4roots.com/how-to...a-z3-tablet-compact-sgp611-marshmallow-6-0-1/
https://xdaforums.com/z3-tablet-compact/general/root-rooting-sgp611-giefroot-bootloader-t3017314
thanks!

Last edited:

ThemGo

Mar 10, 2015

The first one looks too good to be true. IMHO all one-click tools are suspicious because normally it is not that easy to get root. There are many malicious sites existing and I am not sure if this is one of them.
The second one is the challenging one which I mentioned. Challenging therefore because you will have to flash files which actually are intended for another model (Z3), you will have to unlock and lock the bootloader again and you will have to save and restore the DRM keys. All of these steps could fail. And, the result is no more sufficient, AFAIK you will have Android 4.4.4 in the end which is no more up-to-date.
I suggest you ask shoey63 for an update of the method which supports your model.

Reactions: 2012wing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi there,
    finally i found a more easy way to root my z3tc.
    it works with out flashing an other firmware and it keeps the drm keys and your bootloader locked.
    its not even necessary to wipe the device, so you can keep all our apps an settings.

so here are the steps i did to get root on my z3tc running the latest kitkat stock firmware.

1.) download and install kingroot 4.1 its an oneclick root, similar to towelroot.
    take care that it is v4.1+ and not below !!!

2.) install superuser from playstore (just because you well be asked for it in the next step. i use kinguser for granting permissions later)

3.) download an install XZDualRecovery
    (choose option 2, install for superuser.)

4.) download and flash (via recovery) SonyRICDefeat

enjoy full root on your device :D
    So king root doesnt work on 232, what are the ways to root 232 ?

i have found a rooted Lollipop 23.4.A.1.232 with SuperSu works nice with me.
    http://xdaforums.com/z3-tablet-compact/general/zip-sgp611-lollipop-23-4-1-232-t3244439

Greetings
    I am back now on 601, rooted but without recovery.
    Somewhere I read that the dual recovery that was used until now is not compatible with MM. So I am just gonna wait until someone who knows how to do this will create a new package. :D:D:D:D

Here you can find prerooted 6.0.1 for SGP612 with recovery inside (not dual recovery, TWRP only). Tested and working (dirty flashed without wipe on my device, no issues): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66948189&postcount=164
    Yes works with Lollipop. After running the latest Kingroot (KingRoot-4.1.0.249.apk ), before rebooting I installed dual recovery for locked bootloader. Then rebooted to TWRP and flashed BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip, which will uninstall KingUser on first run.

However I got the XignCode3 error from com2us and gamevil games. So I booted back into TWRP and flashed UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip and everything was peachy.

is there a special reason why you flashed supersu v2.49 first and v2.46 afterwards? i mean flashing just v2.46 would work as well right ?
    @frostmore did you use 4.1 ? as far as i understood ric defeat gives you write access to the system on the internal storage on sony devices (for what normally root would be sufficient) and has nothing to do with the kitkat writing limitation on external cards. so you have to use one of the many apps in the store which will fix this. (or do the trick yourself in an xml file) since i installed xposed as well (this was btw the only reason why i wanted root to be able to use app settings again) i did it there.

The first one looks too good to be true. IMHO all one-click tools are suspicious because normally it is not that easy to get root. There are many malicious sites existing and I am not sure if this is one of them.
    The second one is the challenging one which I mentioned. Challenging therefore because you will have to flash files which actually are intended for another model (Z3), you will have to unlock and lock the bootloader again and you will have to save and restore the DRM keys. All of these steps could fail. And, the result is no more sufficient, AFAIK you will have Android 4.4.4 in the end which is no more up-to-date.
    I suggest you ask shoey63 for an update of the method which supports your model.