So who's getting one?

Search This thread

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
So just heard it maybe white only 32gb for the US WiFi and lte version. Not sure why only white 32 but that's the latest info I am getting.

Sent from my OnePlus One

The prerequisite for the US LTE version is simply SGP621 unlocked, i.e. the exact same as in Europe. I also hope for a black version but white can work, again provided that we are talking about the SGP621 and availability at the same time as Europe.

Otherwise, over to AtGSM for a black SGP621.;)

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
I think the whitepaper states a possibility to get a 32 GB LTE version as well. It would be very strange if they offer 32 GB/WiFi but not 32 GB/LTE when it finally goes on sale.

With the Google Hangouts Dialer release yesterday, my decision has been easier since it would allow me to put it on a mobile broadband plan - I have decided to drop regular calling completely and switch to this IP/GV solution for everything (I use GV for international call + visual voicemail already).

Jgonzo432

Feb 7, 2012
I think the whitepaper states a possibility to get a 32 GB LTE version as well. It would be very strange if they offer 32 GB/WiFi but not 32 GB/LTE when it finally goes on sale.

With the Google Hangouts Dialer release yesterday, my decision has been easier since it would allow me to put it on a mobile broadband plan - I have decided to drop regular calling completely and switch to this IP/GV solution for everything (I use GV for international call + visual voicemail already).

I've been using Google Voice for years, but the only thing that keeps me from using it exclusively is the lack of mms (which includes group messaging). Also, if you have a car or other bluetooth device that pulls in your phone book, that wont work with GV. That's why I'm interested in the Z3TC with full phone features.

Edit: With the new Hangouts dialer that might work.

Last edited:

Chima2

Apr 25, 2012
Stein's Gate
Very interested in replacing my Z Ultra with this, but I'll wait until the price drops and the reviews are out.

Mostly I'm a little hesitant due to the lack of dev's that will be working on this, but what was done over at the Z Ultra forum can be done here; pool cash for a dev's device and have him churn out kernel's or ROM's. Let's hope the Z3C holds up battery-wise, and that they don't make the bootloader a hot mess like the XZU.

Otherwise it looks great so far.

butch87402

Feb 8, 2010
hartford
So if it came down to it would you guys get the 32gb lte Nvidia shield OR the 32gb lte z3tc been wanting a tablet for a while now and not sure which to get as long as I can add it to my mobile plan

npaladin2000

Jul 6, 2009
Wappingers Falls
So if it came down to it would you guys get the 32gb lte Nvidia shield OR the 32gb lte z3tc been wanting a tablet for a while now and not sure which to get as long as I can add it to my mobile plan

Tough question, I suppose it'll depend partially on price and screen quality. NVIDIA's going to have the better cover accessory (probably anyway) but Sony will be waterproof. Sound may end up being a wash, not sure.

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
I have a xperia z ultra. I was HOPING for an LED flash on the back.

I came form a n5120 note 8. I loved it but wished it had LTE instead of HSPA+. I wish the xperia z3 tablet compact had a stylus.

I also used a tab s 8.4 with phone capabilities here in the states. I hated the user interface, it felt too big (even though it was smaller then the note8 n5120 with calling capabilities), and there was such a lack of rom dev support I sold it on ebay and went back to my xperia z ultra.

My z ultra is perfect if it only came with dual front facing speakers (like z3 tablet compact has), wireless charging, stylus, and a freaking LED flash on the back.

Maybe z4 will have everything I want :(

Verrath

May 31, 2009
Preordered mine. Graduating from a Nexus 7 2012 (though that has served me admirably and I really have no complaints about it. Except it's not the Z3 TC ;) )

I have the benefit of a mobile testing lab at work and was able to do a direct compare of the Samsung 8.4 vs the Z3 mobile phone (I know it'snot the same device, but I can extrapolate seeing how they will be using much of the same technology). I have to say, Amoled or no and never mind the PPI (though I think with the smaller screen the Z3 mobile probably has a similar one) - looking at the same movie (not one of the specially made demos, just a regular video) on both devices I was actually more taken with the Sony's performance than the Samsung's - the Bravia image enhancement made a huge difference.

It also seems to have a form factor that's better suited to me personally (narrower, so better for my small hands :D)

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
I'm waiting on Google to announce or not announce Nexus 8, and from there I'll think about getting this tablet if the price is not too high, I can get a new LG G Pad 8.3 for 320$ here so that's a very neat offering rigyht now

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
Just wanted to point this out.
http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/09/25/sony-planning-us-xperia-z3-event-for-9-october/

Hopefully we'll hear some good news for us in the US!

Good news would be an unlocked SGP621. If that doesn't happen, import will be my option.

I am not going to buy a carrier version with disabled LTE bands, modified packaging, bloatware and locked bootloader so Sony better bring it to the Sony Store without letting anyone destroy it.

The Verizon Z2 Tablet is absolutely hideous in comparison with the unlocked version (all LTE bands but theirs disabled, noticeable lag compared to the SGP511/512, a lot of bloatware, carrier logotype, modified package etc).

I am fully set on the SGP621 for now.

Wagyk

Jan 12, 2010
Hello,
the sony xperia 3 tablet compact with wifi + LTE
it s possible to phone with it? Like my sony xperia Z ultra?
Thanks

aeon101

Jan 10, 2006
Prague
Yes, there are many previews on You Tube with showing this capability of regular GSM calling. And that's also fact, which persuaded me to preorder one with delivery on November 4th (+free case stand as a bonus).

digitalbenny

Oct 21, 2013
Bowie County
ena2a2ug.jpg

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

aeon101

Jan 10, 2006
Prague
Hmm...maybe info for specific country or operator? LTE version in Europe (of course not wifi) has this ability (already z2 has it) enabled. Check mobilereview.com for proof.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it either doesn't work or i didn't understood where exactly i have to press and hold. could you be more specific as of where i have to press my finger and hold how long?
    Right where the box is.....about 5 seconds. Takes me 5 to 10 tries everytime.
    Ahh man! That's too bad I am hearing on this forum that you cant actually make calls with the phone to your face, that you need to have it on speakerphone!

I am so confused because people are telling me different things.

Do you guys think I should use this as my Z Ultra replacement, I am just not sure because I cant make private calls unless I have Bluetooth headset.

What ya'll think??

Well. It depends...I came to Z3Tab from my Ultra after using it for 14 months as I did not see any official successor. This was clear decision for me (also considering Tab S 8.4 and nVidia Shield). Z3 using as my private tab/ phone, when most of my calls are through my another work mobile. So it depends how many private calls you have per day (for me 1-3 daily and have no problems to use it when I' m alone on loud speakers or through headphones). I understand that this may be an issue for many people, therefore I' m saying 'it depends'.
    This is my forth day with Z3Tab and just preparing to put it on charger only for second time since day. So battery life looks to be very promising so far (permanently on WiFi and LTE network, 75% brightness, FB, weather and Google sync permanently with 1 hour of watching movies per day and net browsing). Build quality is fantastic, so for me unexpected successfull successor for Ultra! (still resting in my desk).
    Thats true, but keep in mind that there is only a "loud" speaker. you wont be able to make "private" calls. maybe with a headset.
    [YOUTUBE]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7-yEJ-tqdiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    [/YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-yEJ-tqdiY
    Yes, european LTE z2 tablet has full phone ability, but as it does not have earpiece, it is available only through loud speaker or BT headset (otherway full phone apk). Z3 as I' ve seen in previews has same phone apk with full phone support via GSM/ LTE and has also same sided microphones/ earpieces as Z Ultra (which I have now), so calling with tablet at ear normally as regular smartphone. Launch date here is on 4th November (+ bonus cover stand for preordering) together with plain wifi version, so cannot wait anymore...
    Just ordered the Tablet compact after deliberating with Xiaomi MiPad, Asus ZenPad, Huwaei and several others. In terms of the slim form factor and decent performance, this still seems the one to beat.
    congrats man,you made the best possible choice.if u want the best performance,bug free and 10-11 SOT hours...flashing KITKAT with flashtool just straight out of the box..will be the best thing you will to to this masterpiece..