Android Preview N sources have been published so I built a kernel from them
Removed dm_verity (zImage and ramdisk dependencies)
Built with Permissive selinux (command line)
Status N preview 2:
mount RW working
although packaged as selinux permissive is still enforcing what causes some problems like not recognition SIM card, reboots and startup delays.
in some tests by adding only sepolicy patch he presented this problem
How to install:
flash recovery FOTA partition thanks to @shoey63
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
flash my kernel (rename to boot.img)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Android N Preview use new bootloader!
To enter the menu unplug the appliance plug the USB cable into your computer or charger and plug the device by holding volume up
Navigate the menu and choose the desired option
Update N preview 3:
Root post SuperSU 2.74-2 working in preview 3 thanks @shoey63
Guys, please follow instructions EXACTLY.
- Use flashtool to flash This FTF fromThis thread
- Fastboot a recovery image. (There is one in the OP, and it works)
- Reboot to recovery mode in the N Preview 3 bootloader menu using buttons.
- Install SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip
- Let the device boot. You can re-enter recovery using a reboot app.
Also please note:
- Do NOT attempt to flash a "system root" SuperSu zip. I Have tried and the phone wont fully boot.
- Do NOT flash byeselinux, you will get a kernel panic, and end up back in recovery. (Same goes for RecRoot)
- Do NOT expect all apps working on LP or MM to work properly on N-Preview.
- Do NOT use F-Droid Adaway, use the one from This thread, and flash the AdAway_systemless_hosts_v2.zip from the that threads OP before installing the app.