Post Reply Email Thread
1st April 2015, 06:56 PM |#61  
Flag Toa Alta, PR
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keifus

some of you guys are just too impatient. This is a great phone without root access, although it would be much better with it.

All, in all; everyone is right, though. Shame on t-mobile for locking the bootloader. I'll donate when i can afford to and i've been looking for this exploit for a while.

yes the phone is good, but that's besides the point, we have the right to do with our phone whatever we like, even if it ends up a paperweight, you can keep the phone without root, be my guest.
But for those who want a more clean experience, or install whatever we like on the thing then this is the place,
i don't see any developing for this phone, there are older phones who are receiving more developing than these new ones, which is pointless because i can bet most of the people who visit the site have good phones

the fight we have is with t-mobile and sony because they blocked the boot loader, to only this phone
the other thing i want to point out is that theres developing for other models and the person who reached root has taken the bounty and left this model out in the cold, so basically were left without it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robertriverabula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertriverabula Ad-Free
5th April 2015, 05:54 PM |#62  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Bounty updated! Hoping the announcement of the rollout of Lollipop for the T-Mo Z3 will bring this soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to tuzonghua For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tuzonghua Ad-Free
6th April 2015, 03:22 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My Contribution
This has been a long time coming and I have been waiting to see if id be able to get used to phone with no root but I can't, so everyone should say thanks to tuzonghua!

My contribution will be $45.00 in US Dollars. (All I can afford, sorry)

This should put us at an even $6000 unless something has not been updated.
**That being said, do I go ahead and PayPal the money to the bounty collector or do we wait until it has been fulfilled?
**if I rarely get a chance to check my email account associated with my XDA account, should I provide an alternative email contact to the Bounty Collector to ensure timely delivery of the funds once bounty is fulfilled?
**once the exploit is closer to being found, I will add more to the bounty if it doesn't get significantly higher (since this must be a daunting task and unfortunately it is all I can do to assist) -- Should I edit this post or make a new one?

Sorry for the newb question... I'm long time user of XDA but a been when it comes to contribution.
6th April 2015, 04:02 AM |#64  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Maybe now that T-Mobile has dropped the Z3, they'll unlock the bootloader.
7th April 2015, 11:59 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdish

I just checked T-Mobile website and the Z3 is no longer an upgrade option, so they dropped it huh? I like this phone but would like to get rid of the bloatware.

Here's to hoping..
7th April 2015, 02:44 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdish

It is probably because of all the pissed off people spreading news about Sony's DRM TA partition locking us out of root

" While there’s no way to say for sure that the uncarrier pulled the phone due to limited demand, we wouldn’t be too surprised... On the other hand, the*Sony Xperia Z4*is likely just around the corner, with*new images leaking today,*and so perhaps T-Mobile simply ran low on inventory and decided to wait it out for the Z4 as opposed to working with Sony to secure more stock? Only time will tell for sure."

http://www.androidauthority.com/t-mo...tinued-598882/
7th April 2015, 04:42 PM |#67  
OP Member

More
According to the T-Mo USA Software Updates page, the Z3 is still on track to get Lollipop. Just because they've dropped it from their inventory doesn't mean they'll discontinue software updates. As posted earlier, there are devs working on the Note 4 (running KitKat) to root it. When T-Mo releases the Z3 Lollipop update, honestly, I wouldn't take it unless you don't care about root. Until the 5.0 OTA can be proved rootable, I would wait it out and see if a 4.4 exploit comes through first. That way, you'll have a path to 'pure' 5.0 rather than be stuck on the Sony version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuzonghua For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tuzonghua Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 04:11 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Rather than finding a Root Exploit.
Rather than finding a root exploit, we should be filing a Class action suit for Sony's violation of the Consumer Protection Act. This clearly states that if a person purchases a piece of equipment they have the right to modify it. This locked boot loader is a clear violation of that Law.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdoyle10goo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdoyle10goo Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 03:39 PM |#69  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoyle10goo

Rather than finding a root exploit, we should be filing a Class action suit for Sony's violation of the Consumer Protection Act.

I think the history of Android phones has clearly shown they aren't subject to this. By your logic, *any* Android phone, no matter if it's a $50 burner or a $600 flagship, would make their manufacturer liable for a lawsuit. Yet how many have been filed? So if you want a phone guaranteed to have root, may I refer you here or here?
The Following User Says Thank You to tuzonghua For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tuzonghua Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 11:59 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Put me down for $25

Root on this phone would propel it from very good to great. I ordered an S6 but am returning it because of poor battery life and ****ty touchwiz (not to mention no SD card or IP rating). Gonna stick with this bad boy until something better comes out this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to BattsNotIncld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BattsNotIncld Ad-Free
11th April 2015, 06:30 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys, sorry but would the OP be able to remove my $25 pledge. Got rid of my Z3 D6616 and went back to the nexus. Should have never left. Hopefully you guys find an exploit soon. Best of luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)