I have added support for Z3 D6603, D6653, D6633, D6646 and D6643.
* Update to .291 as usual via OTA from Sony or flashing directly.
* Make sure you have ADB set up correctly.
* Use FlashTool to flash the attached .575_kernel.zip for your device before running the recovery tool. You need to re-name the zip and change the .zip extension to .ftf before flashing it! (make sure windows is configured to show file extensions)
* Reboot and check the build date of the kernel. If it is April, you are on 575 kernel and good to go. If June, you are still on 291 kernel and the tool wont work due to the exploit being patched.
** The build number of the rom will show 291, regardless of which kernel is flashed **
* download Recovery_for_MM575-291v5.zip and extract it.
* enable USB-debugging on your phone and plug phone to computer via USB
* Make sure you have closed Flashtool and anything else that uses adb, then run install.bat
* after running the tool you should boot straight into recovery. Then flash https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...0&d=1496008012to obtain SuperSU root. Put it on the device or external sd card if device is encrypted.
* re-flash the .291 KERNEL back again with Flashtool using the attached 291_kernel.zip for your device. Again, change/re-name the .zip extension to .ftf first! (you won't lose root or recovery)
If on Windows, in FolderSettings->Show file extensions to be able to rename from ZIP to FTF.
- Assuming it has booted to TWRP after running the tool, to re-enter it, press volume down during re-boot when you see the green LED and feel a vibration. You have 2 seconds to do it. No need to smash volume down repeatedly.
- Reboot apps DO NOT WORK on Sony MM.
- Install a new busybox through Play store at your own risk. Some will break recovery, some won't.
- Some apps install their own busybox. This can also break recovery. If this happens, try running the tool again.
@zxz0O0 for iovyroot
@Wolfbreak for idea with recroot
Special credits to @russel5 for the tool, @serajr for the recovery scripts, and @gustavo_v for showing how to add devices.
Edit: the D6603-6653 .291 zip has a typo. It is actually 23.5.A.1.291, not 23.5.A.0.291