FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia Z3 [D6603] 23.5.A.1.291 DEODEXED Stock ROM (Kernel and Baseband Included)

2,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,613

By Dobsgw, Senior Member on 4th August 2016, 11:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Edit 2018: Mediafire removed the file due to it being "a virus". In reality they attempted to get me to purchase a bitdefender subscription from them to "fix" the viruses on my PC. They targeted random files as some versions of Fragment ROM which is based on THIS ROM were left up (where is the virus??).
Sorry guys I don't have a copy so it's up to someone else to host if they have a copy and feel like it.

The page now stands for reference:

Xperia Z3 Deodexed Stock 23.5.A.1.291 GLOBAL

Model: D6603

(The obvious disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device if you flash this. I have taken as many steps possible to ensure top quality and am running this myself, but you have been warned!!)

Not much to say really. Latest Sony release ready to be flashed or used as ROM base. RXSMB members (you know who you are) don't need any permission to use this, others please send a quick PM I'm pretty good at responding quickly. I know how much of a pain choosing your base can be.
All stock as it was when Sony released it. Only been deodexed by myself.

Can be flashed on Locked Bootloader and will give you root and recovery (TWRP 3.0.2 and SuperSU 2.76). Includes the latest kernel and baseband 61 from the ftf, but that is all. No FOTA etc.

V2 Changelog: SuperUserMOD integrated. No need to flash the patch.
Removed Chrome, Browser and Drive from system. Download from Play if you need.
Deodexed the two apks in system/vendor/apps that I missed
The APN downloader (ie Download Internet Settings) is fixed - Special Thanks to @Rajeev for this

MediaFire link: Removed due to their racketeering. Flagged file as virus trying to make me purchase bitdefender from them. lol.

MD5: de083b0d5818f364aee6fc60c695bc5f

[COLOR="Blue"]Patch V1 to V2: Removed for same reason as ROM
(You still need to manually delete from /system/app - Browser, Chrome, and Drive folders --- If it still doesn't work just install the main V2. Dirty flash will be fine)

For all versions there is a Chrome issue. To FIX navigate with a root browser to system/vendor/apps and delete the ChromeCustomizations folder and the ims folder. Reboot and Chrome from Play Store will work now.

Install Instructions:
(Best results will come from installing over Marshmallow)
Boot into TWRP Recovery
Clean install recommended (wipe only data), but not entirely necessary unless you have issues. Do not wipe System as this is done by scripts.
Flash the ROM
Wipe dalvik and cache
Count to three :P
Reboot

Any issues let me know ASAP in comments.

Additionally people seem to be having issues with the Stock Browser and Google Drive. It is best to delete them with a root browser from /system/app and then install them from Play Store.

ADDONS:

SuperUserMod made by editing the services.jar. Flashable zip for recovery. It will overwrite the services.jar in framework. Please make a backup before flash (just in case).

Removed for same reason as ROM

Huge thanks to all of RXSMB Team for guidance on getting this together and also to @Bloodlvst and @kansasboy001 for helping with the baseband stuff and @Pandemic for some of the installer. Biggest thanks to @Wolfbreak for Root and Recovery and making it possible on MM.

ENJOY!!!

(If I need to adjust this thread, the ROM, my attitude etc please PM me straight away to work things out. First proper ROM post even though it's stock so I can still get stuff wrong and I know that)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dobsgw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dobsgw Ad-Free

5th August 2016, 07:36 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
The z3 is on different models, this one which is it? Thanks

Trimis de pe al meu D6603 folosind Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to valentinrascu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift valentinrascu Ad-Free
5th August 2016, 08:43 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentinrascu

The z3 is on different models, this one which is it? Thanks

Trimis de pe al meu D6603 folosind Tapatalk

Ah yes sorry important information!!!

D6603

Updating OP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dobsgw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dobsgw Ad-Free
5th August 2016, 10:14 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chennai , I N D I A
Thanks Meter: 26,568

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobsgw

Ah yes sorry important information!!!

D6603

Updating OP

Great work brother. I am little late. Already deodexed my stuff. Anyway thanks alot for sharing brother
The Following User Says Thank You to Rajeev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rajeev Ad-Free
5th August 2016, 03:57 PM |#5  
Flag Sicily
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Thank you so much for your work.
I like that there is no type of change but only Deodexed.
Just one question: icon or 4G LTE?
Thanks anyway friend.
5th August 2016, 04:20 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfire

Thank you so much for your work.
I like that there is no type of change but only Deodexed.
Just one question: icon or 4G LTE?
Thanks anyway friend.

Not 100? sure as I use a ported system UI from Xperia X.

I imagine it's just the 4G icon as I used the Global ftf from Sony. If it's not in the system UI then it's definitely the 4G icon as this is what I have.
5th August 2016, 06:10 PM |#7  
Flag Meppel
Thanks Meter: 23,245

Donate to Me
More
Great work bro \m/

Sent from MWA Pro-Spect V1.0.0 On My Z5
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandemic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pandemic Ad-Free
5th August 2016, 06:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Nice! Now i only need superuser mod 😬
5th August 2016, 07:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
how to deodex sony's rom
5th August 2016, 07:48 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krushhh

Nice! Now i only need superuser mod

If you need SuperUserMod I have just edited the services.jar so it is integrated right into the ROM. Flashable zip so just flash and it should work. Would be nice if you could test for me. Working fine for me
The Following User Says Thank You to Dobsgw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dobsgw Ad-Free
5th August 2016, 08:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobsgw

If you need SuperUserMod I have just edited the services.jar so it is integrated right into the ROM. Flashable zip so just flash and it should work. Would be nice if you could test for me. Working fine for me

So ur rom (link) from post 1 is already updated?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)