1,049 posts
Thanks Meter: 354

By Omario-242, Senior Member on 21st March 2015, 01:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2015, 10:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs down
So is there any news? I'm going to change the phone, if there is no positive news. I bought the phone without knowing about the issues when installing custom rom...

18th September 2015, 12:10 PM |#12  
Flag Waalwijk
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shynepo

So is there any news? I'm going to change the phone, if there is no positive news. I bought the phone without knowing about the issues when installing custom rom...

At fortunately not, i got the same issue and was hoping for any fix.
It didn't came and i don't know if it will ever come by now.
I bought a Nexus 6 by now.

Best of luck 2 you.
21st September 2015, 03:28 PM |#13  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,502

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperspook

At fortunately not, i got the same issue and was hoping for any fix.
It didn't came and i don't know if it will ever come by now.
I bought a Nexus 6 by now.

Best of luck 2 you.

Well, the camera HAL side of things went up on github last week - but we still don't have mm-camera blobs to my knowledge (unfortunately, mm-camera is where all of the heavy lifting is...). I was on vacation so I haven't had a chance to sync up with Alin to see where things are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2015, 04:21 PM |#14  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shynepo

not going to flame, but... tome going from a Z3 to a Nexus is a serious downgrade
6th October 2015, 09:04 PM |#15  

More
Is there anything we n00bs can do to help drive this forward?
17th January 2016, 03:12 PM |#16  

More
I just can't understand it. Sony has the source code which is necessary to build appropriate binary blobs. Technically it should be possible to integrate the corresponding flags and algorithms in a way that custom roms benefit. They have already done it with the Z1. Does anybody know something about the progress ? Does Sony have the intention to enhance their blobs ? Did they mention something about that topic ? It would be nice to hear something new :=)
3rd February 2016, 01:09 PM |#17  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 1,612

More
I am not sure if we can realistically expect MM blobs before sony release there own MM builds. I realise that the concept versions have been in the wild for a while, but thats just not the same.

Would you expect a baker to release a recipe before he has had the chance to sell his bread?
30th March 2016, 09:34 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi,

for the lens distortion, please try the following parameters for barrel distortion in post-processing.
a="0.0132" b="-0.07765" c="0.14683"

You will find these as a profile in lensfun. Works best for me, cause my z3 was the reference. Hope the lenses don't differ too much.

You can use the free graphicsmagick to apply it.
convert input.jpg -distort barrel '0.0132 -0.07765 0.14683' output.jpg.

All credits go to the lensfun team!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drstefankrank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drstefankrank Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)