Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
Changelog
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-01
Last Updated 2018-07-19

wmg.architect

Apr 2, 2016
Please can anyone confirm camera issues? About video recording and playing.. I can record but not play any video, even in whatsapp

muitenphale

Jan 6, 2013
Does anyone know the original font used in other roms? I am not used to the font in this 8.1 rom. I prefer the old font in 7.1 rom :(

Br4no

Jan 26, 2017
Hello everyone,

What twrp do you use??? I tried with nailyk's, but with the latest (2018-03-28) one I can't flash gapps:

- opengapps ends with error 1
- mindthegapps stucks on sony logo.

Coiuld you help? I have z3 6603.

Reactions: santeria27

er_lego

Nov 24, 2013
Hello everyone,

What twrp do you use??? I tried with nailyk's, but with the latest (2018-03-28) one I can't flash gapps:

- opengapps ends with error 1
- mindthegapps stucks on sony logo.

Coiuld you help? I have z3 6603.

- Flash new TWRP via fastboot "twrp_z3_O_2018-03-18" (TWRP 3.2.1-1).
- Factory reset.
- Install .zip ROM (Do not power up phone).
- Downgrade TWRP via fastboot to "twrp_leo_2017-10-02" (TWRP 3.1.1-3).
- Install Gapps for 8.1 ARM.
- Install rest of zips if needed.
- Power up phone and it works.

santeria27

Jan 24, 2014
Recklinghausen
- Factory reset.
Direct flash from twrp 3112 not working?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Direct flash from twrp 3113 not working?

Br4no

Jan 26, 2017
- Factory reset.

Thank you!

I did it without twrp version switch. Used only "twrp_leo_2017-10-02" and removed assert from Rom's updater script ?

Very nice ROM so far. Only the sound seems to have less quality than omni 8.1 for instance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
    Changelog
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-01
    Last Updated 2018-07-19
    In other news, @rcstar6696 got video recording stable and I fixed the media playback issue from external media.

Both is merged and will be included in tomorrows Weeklies.

P.S. That includes 4K and 720p@120FPS. Suck it, Xperia XZ1.
    P.S.2: There also is no green line in any recordings. Things Just work as you're used to ;)
    Small update, the CARBON-CR-7.0-TBA-UNOFFICIAL-z3-20181225-1342 build now also works fine with GApps.

Therefore the only issues are GPS, SELinux and possibly Encryption.

Happy flashing.

EDIT: We found an issue with the camera where the camera is no longer working after you reboot. It only works on first boot. We're working on fixing it ATM.
    I'll create a new thread in the upcoming days, but for now this should suffice:

https://dl.myself5.de/z3/CarbonROM

SELinux is permissive and encryption is probably broken, also GPS seems a bit sketchy. Everything else works.

You definitely need to cleanflash as there are different signing keys compared to the official builds used.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you.

P.S: I wouldn't recommend using this with Gapps ATM, they seem to make the phone horribly slow. I am looking into that.
    I just published a new Thread for CR-7.0. Alongside, that, a new build with fixed GPS has been released.
    You can find it here: https://xdaforums.com/z3/orig-development/9-carbonrom-cr-7-0-t3906535

New CR-6.1 builds will still be released for as long as we havn't fixed the last few bugs on CR-7.0.

Please keep the CR-6.1 feedback in here and the CR-7.0 Feedback in the new thread from now on.

Happy flashing.