Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!
[ info ]
This Recovery is built from CWM 220.127.116.11 sources!
[ PROOF ]
[ credits / special thanks ]
- Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
- CyanogenMod and FreeXperia Team (especially jerpelea) for too many things *
- special thanks to @Androxyde for pointing me to the correct tools and thanks to @[NUT] for the kitchen which works well to slice the kernel.sin
- special thanks to @swedan for helping out with testing and risking his devices for the sake of development!!! and NO, his phone was NOT damaged during testing
- ME for creating this for u guys!
[ Requirements ]
- Bootloader unlocked
- working fastboot
- STOCK ROM FW:
- 23.0.A.2.93 - v01
[ features ]
- standard CWM recovery 18.104.22.168!
- init.d startup script support inbuilt!
- kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
- disabled kernel level RIC
- adb debugging is enabled by default in OS
- TIP: if u are experiencing very slow backup in CWM do this
[ WARNING ]
FOR NOW WE DONT HAVE ROOT ON LOCKED BOOTLOADER!!! IF YOU WANT TO PRESERVE YOUR TA DATA/DRM KEYS THEN DO NOT UNLOCK BOOTLOADER!!!!
for flashing this kernel you WILL NEED TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER! Check this thread for more info (same steps as Xperia Z1 are used for Xperia Z3)
UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER WITHOUT TA BACKUP WILL LEAD TO IRREVERSIBLE LOSS OF DRM KEYS!!!
Sony has changed their bootloader unlock policy:
Certain pre-loaded content on your device may also be inaccessible due to the removal of DRM security keys. For high-end devices running recent software versions, for instance Xperia Z3, the removal of DRM security keys may affect advanced camera functionality. For example, noise reduction algorithms might be removed, and performance when taking photos in low-light conditions might be affected. The secure user data partition may also become inaccessible, and you will not be able to get any more official software upgrades if you unlock the boot loader.
[ known issues ]
- adb is not working in recovery (can be fixed later)
[ how to flash this kernel ] (via fastboot)
- download the kernel image
- save the boot.img to the folder containing fastboot binary
- flash the boot.img using fastboot:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- reboot from fastboot
- the device should now start booting
[ how to enter recovery ]
when you see the Sony logo and the LED light turns pink/amber/orange keep tapping/pressing VOLUME UP key
[ how to Root ]
for instructions on how to root please check this post
[ sources ]
for now recovery is same is same as honami
[ donations ]
Please do consider donating as I am thinking of getting the Z3 or Z3 Compact (not yet decided which one), if you want me to support this device then feel free to donate and help me buy it!
if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc
PAYPAL DONATION LINK
you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!
[ download links ]
PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR, REDISTRIBUTE, REPACK MY FILES
Advance Stock Kernel with CWM Recovery v01 (FW: 23.0.A.2.93)