FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BOOTANIMATION] Z3 UEFI boot animation v1.0

310 posts
Thanks Meter: 476
 
By NFS_FM, Senior Member on 24th March 2015, 02:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was working on this project for a 3 weeks or so, and I think it's now beautiful enough to fit the lollipop release for our XPERIAs.
After creating a BIOS-styled boot animation, I thought it was to time make it more modern, thus I started from scratch to create a UEFI-styled one.
I, also, tried to imitate the style of Metro UI, explaining the cyan colour, in order to match the real one.
The bootanimation itself has 378 images, clocked at 13FPS, in order to achieve an, as natural as possible, fading-in effect, but I managed to keep the .zip's size small enough, at ~9MB.
The images are contained in multiple folders, and have the size of 1080x1920 for Z3.
The information used for the lines are as real as it goes, and is based on the D6603 model.
Have fun!

Screenshots:


Z3v1.0: Download at Dev-Host, flashable .zip
Download at Google Drive, flashable .zip

*If you want to use it anywhere, just credit my name.
**Please, experiment with the FPS value, and give me some feedback.

BIOS-styled boot animation: XDA
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NFS_FM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NFS_FM Ad-Free
 
 
24th March 2015, 06:02 PM |#2  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,716
 
Donate to Me
More
Nice idea but if I may say few words...

I would keep this design but would remove all icons and pictures.
And would leave only informations we saw on DOS and old BIOS booting sequence.

But...this is your idea and it's cool as it is...

If you have time, Google bios boot animation by funky0308 and you'll see what I mean...
That's, of course, old animation, black background and white fonts but I really think that could be awesome in this colors...

Z3 powered by Tapatalk
24th March 2015, 07:27 PM |#3  
ImAnurag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 479
 
Donate to Me
More
here is gif image -
The Following User Says Thank You to ImAnurag For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImAnurag Ad-Free
24th March 2015, 07:55 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Nice idea but if I may say few words...

I would keep this design but would remove all icons and pictures.
And would leave only informations we saw on DOS and old BIOS booting sequence.

But...this is your idea and it's cool as it is...

If you have time, Google bios boot animation by funky0308 and you'll see what I mean...
That's, of course, old animation, black background and white fonts but I really think that could be awesome in this colors...

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

Sure, thank you for your point of view.
Have you checked my other boot animation? I think it's very similar to yours, with the difference of additional colours. XDA

If that's not what you meant, would you like it if I left the blue colour and the font as they are now, to make it a little bit more modern?
24th March 2015, 09:07 PM |#5  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,716
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_FM

Sure, thank you for your point of view.
Have you checked my other boot animation? I think it's very similar to yours, with the difference of additional colours. XDA

If that's not what you meant, would you like it if I left the blue colour and the font as they are now, to make it a little bit more modern?

Exactly... That's it.
I just saw that..didn't catch that earlier.

I would like to see one in that material colours, white fonts and less i informations...

Only basic ones...
(you remember that memory counting, disk checking then the sheet/table with few other infos about ports)

Eeee....old things were awesome..

Maybe that's only me but I really like that simple retro look...

Anyway - great job mate...
👍
BTW, shouldn't Krait be GPU, not CPU?

Z3 powered by Tapatalk
24th March 2015, 09:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Exactly... That's it.
I just saw that..didn't catch that earlier.

I would like to see one in that material colours, white fonts and less i informations...

Only basic ones...
(you remember that memory counting, disk checking then the sheet/table with few other infos about ports)

Eeee....old things were awesome..

Maybe that's only me but I really like that simple retro look...

Anyway - great job mate...

BTW, shouldn't Krait be GPU, not CPU?

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

OK, I will make a second version for those who like it simplier!

About your question, Krait is the CPU, Adreno is the GPU and both are embedded to the System-on-Chip (SoC) which is called Snapdragon, according to wikipedia, gsmarena and devicespecifications.com.

Also, where have you found the PCI devices ID, Bus, and the other information? Did you just make up these?
Thank you very much!
29th March 2015, 02:05 PM |#7  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,716
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_FM

OK, I will make a second version for those who like it simplier!

About your question, Krait is the CPU, Adreno is the GPU and both are embedded to the System-on-Chip (SoC) which is called Snapdragon, according to wikipedia, gsmarena and devicespecifications.com.

Also, where have you found the PCI devices ID, Bus, and the other information? Did you just make up these?
Thank you very much!

Hehe...I didn't mean you should write IDs, BUS and other infos we had on old machines...
I thought you should add infos you have in that form to get more retro look...

Never mind...it's OK as it is..

BTW, for GPU and CPU, I wrote wrong, yeah...but still.
We have GPU and CPU.
That's why it's chipset...it's Snapdragon S8XX but we still have two separate processing unit.
Are they under one hood or separate that's not important...


Z3 powered by Tapatalk
29th March 2015, 02:19 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Hehe...I didn't mean you should write IDs, BUS and other infos we had on old machines...
I thought you should add infos you have in that form to get more retro look...

Never mind...it's OK as it is..

BTW, for GPU and CPU, I wrote wrong, yeah...but still.
We have GPU and CPU.
That's why it's chipset...it's Snapdragon S8XX but we still have two separate processing unit.
Are they under one hood or separate that's not important...


Z3 powered by Tapatalk

Well, I asked you, not beacuse I wanted to add them to this boot animation, but for "general knowledge", in order to improve the realism of the older one.

Anyway, have you checked the 2 previews I have sent to you, concerning the retro look?
29th March 2015, 02:24 PM |#9  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,716
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_FM

Well, I asked you, not beacuse I wanted to add them to this boot animation, but for "general knowledge", in order to improve the realism of the older one.

Anyway, have you checked the 2 previews I have sent to you, concerning the retro look?

Yeap...I just saw that and I have only one thing to say...

Build that...it's absolutely fantastic...
I wanted to build exactly the same anim...
Colors, fonts, not to many infos...great.

Z3 powered by Tapatalk
29th March 2015, 02:44 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Yeap...I just saw that and I have only one thing to say...

Build that...it's absolutely fantastic...
I wanted to build exactly the same anim...
Colors, fonts, not to many infos...great.

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

OK, thank you very much, the following week school vacations start, so I will have the time to build this. Do you think a 'fading in' effect will fit this?
29th March 2015, 03:15 PM |#11  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,716
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_FM

OK, thank you very much, the following week school vacations start, so I will have the time to build this. Do you think a 'fading in' effect will fit this?

I don't think so.
You remember DOS...short and "strong" typed fonts.
No fade, no effects just shows and disappeared after whole sentence is written...

But you can try, why not..Maybe it will fit..

Z3 powered by Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes