[APK] Sony's FM tuner radio app

Search This thread

Thedrif

Mar 20, 2016
Hooray! Working here on a non rooted D6708 running the Verizon Lollipop 5.1.1 release with no issues. Never been so excited to hear FM commercials! Downloading the APK in post #11 via a PC as pvcdroid suggested was the trick.

Sound is great for nearby stations, though a little loud for where the volume slider is. Reception of anything but the nearest megawatt stations is spottier and requires careful positioning of the headphone antenna but certainly possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: pvcdroid

Astoras

Apr 30, 2014
Smart Watches
Hey, I'm only getting sound when I turn off the screen. Is that supposed to happen?

Nvm, I had to turn off Google now detection. App works great!

Last edited:

B.Loach

Jul 31, 2017
z3v

So, can anyone re-upload this link for Lollipop? I know its old, but would like to get my radio working on the z3v. Job sites are killing me.

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
Hi. Does this app work in nougat on all Xperia devices?

Last edited:

XPS-Lionel

Mar 15, 2015
I dont know if anyone is still subbed to this forum but can I get a link to the updated radio app? I Just decided to pick this phone up to play with it again.

YuriNevsky

Jul 9, 2021
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/:
File to install radio on Sony z3v on android 5.1.1
Файл для установки радио на Sony z3v на андроид 5.1.1

Attachments

• Radio3-Lollipop.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the rip apk from the D6603. Just install like a normal apk. This works for the KitKat firmware.

Credits to @zachariahpope for the implementing into his custom rom and getting this app out for the Z3v!

For those who are on the Lollipop build, please download this Radio apk made to work for it. https://mega.nz/#!O5pkEaYT!nMVb2aM-IejOxMvtUE-qpfqWDs-541cUBdhPv0ojBz0
    Credits to @machbe1984 for the updated app. Thanks!
    I have been having trouble with this on lollipop. I don't get any sound it tunes into the station but no sound. I tried disabling OK Google detection but still no sound. It worked on KitKat for me but not lollipop

Sent from my D6708 using XDA Free mobile app

FM Radio update for Lollipop: https://mega.nz/#!O5pkEaYT!nMVb2aM-IejOxMvtUE-qpfqWDs-541cUBdhPv0ojBz0
    I thought it was just me and meant to ask the same thing. Thank you

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    This is the rip apk from the D6603. Just install like a normal apk. You may need to write special system's permissions to have it work.

Credits to @zachariahpope for the implementing into his custom rom and getting this app out for the Z3v!

Hey, I personally would like to thank you and anyone involved for bringing the FM radio back to its rightful place on my wife's Z3v...I'm excited about it, and unfortunately she's not! Lol. She's like "who cares anyone can get an FM app from Play Store" and I said "no".... I explained to her what's going on and what it does...she still doesn't care....oh well, I tried. I still like it...wish my Nexus 6 had an FM transmitter
    Hey, I personally would like to thank you and anyone involved for bringing the FM radio back to its rightful place on my wife's Z3v...I'm excited about it, and unfortunately she's not! Lol. She's like "who cares anyone can get an FM app from Play Store" and I said "no".... I explained to her what's going on and what it does...she still doesn't care....oh well, I tried. I still like it...wish my Nexus 6 had an FM transmitter

I agree, you might want to inform her though that there is only one FM tuner app on play store that gives you the radio, but requires root and costs $7. Whereas this is something Sony designed and we simply should have had it in the first place for no extra cost. And this is it. lol