FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Windows 10 wireless/wifi connection

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By frankie161, Junior Member on 7th August 2015, 11:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 and lost the ability to have a wireless connection with the stock Z3v and my laptop. I can still connect with the USB cable, but It won't let me setup the wireless/wifi connection. I tried downloading Sony PC Companion but that couldn't find the Z3v. Any ideas?
8th August 2015, 12:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie161

I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 and lost the ability to have a wireless connection with the stock Z3v and my laptop. I can still connect with the USB cable, but It won't let me setup the wireless/wifi connection. I tried downloading Sony PC Companion but that couldn't find the Z3v. Any ideas?

What kind of laptop do you have? The basic way to get WiFi into your device is just to enable hotspot from your phone.
8th August 2015, 12:56 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaSPX

What kind of laptop do you have? The basic way to get WiFi into your device is just to enable hotspot from your phone.

No, what he's saying is the Z3v has the ability to "Pair" with a windows machine over WiFi so that you can transfer data without the need to have a data cable. Windows 10 breaks that feature. I have the same issue.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
8th August 2015, 12:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDrew

No, what he's saying is the Z3v has the ability to "Pair" with a windows machine over WiFi so that you can transfer data without the need to have a data cable. Windows 10 breaks that feature. I have the same issue.

Oh, how do you access the feature before? I just use superbeam to do that, although it requires WiFi and paid application on the phone...
8th August 2015, 01:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaSPX

Oh, how do you access the feature before? I just use superbeam to do that, although it requires WiFi and paid application on the phone...

I think when you are connected USB and you swipe down to the notifications area it gives you the option to pair.

8th August 2015, 02:54 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDrew

I think when you are connected USB and you swipe down to the notifications area it gives you the option to pair.

That's they way it works but there is no option for windows 10. The Windows 8.1 option was to download Sony PC Companion but it doesn't find the the phone in Windows 10.
10th August 2015, 05:00 PM |#7  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie161

That's they way it works but there is no option for windows 10. The Windows 8.1 option was to download Sony PC Companion but it doesn't find the the phone in Windows 10.

Same issue. Spent the entire week on this issue. Was wondering if anyone had the same issue until i hit this thread.
Maybe Sony would make an update for the PC companion or (As my z3 dual with 5.0.2 shows no windows 10 option in the pair menu. MAybe with 5.1.1, windows 10 option would appear).
Well maybe we just have to wait.
10th August 2015, 05:47 PM |#8  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Windows 10 have WiFi connectivity issue
I have also same issues

Sent from my HTC Desire 820s dual sim using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2015, 01:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Run 'secpol.msc' and change your network to private, reboot. It worked for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamespbk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamespbk Ad-Free
7th October 2015, 08:45 PM |#10  
Flag Njivice
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespbk

This worked for me also! Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to lstic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lstic Ad-Free
6th November 2015, 05:55 PM |#11  
Flag White Plains

More
OK....but how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespbk

Thanks, but I can't find it. Where am I looking?

Many thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)