Z4 tablet extra usability?

Search This thread

ACEFIGHTER8

Aug 28, 2017
Hi. I'm deciding to buy a Sony Xperia Tablet Z4 because it was love at first sight. However, since it has only 1 micro usb port, that limits her expansion by a lot. I'm also planning to buy the tablet with her original keyboard and that also has a micro usb but I don't know if I can use that keyboard port to add a usb hub or it's just for charging. The final setup that I dream of is this (if possible): have the Z4 tablet attached to the keyboard with that hub using the tablet or the keyboard micro usb port, one mouse for more ease of use and productivity and the card reader from the micro usb hub as a way to transfer photos from my camera to the tablet. Yes, I know I should buy a laptop but I just want to travel light and also have some Lightroom editing on the go. You can also recommend some laptops for that use, if they don't break the bank of course because I am completely clueless of which to buy. Thanks a lot in advance

Reactions: pierro78

DHGE

Jun 20, 2015
coastal paradise
Use a bluetooth keyboard (I have two, one with a mouse emulation, there are some with trackballs) I use them rarely on the Z4 ...
Don't use a proprietory keyboard: more expensive and less versatile.

Getting photos onto the tab: I use the remote control apps of the camera manufactures (Canon, Fuji).
An USB OTG cable with cardreader works fine too.

For notebooks:
I buy refurbished/demo from Lenovo or HP.

Reactions: pierro78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. I'm deciding to buy a Sony Xperia Tablet Z4 because it was love at first sight. However, since it has only 1 micro usb port, that limits her expansion by a lot. I'm also planning to buy the tablet with her original keyboard and that also has a micro usb but I don't know if I can use that keyboard port to add a usb hub or it's just for charging. The final setup that I dream of is this (if possible): have the Z4 tablet attached to the keyboard with that hub using the tablet or the keyboard micro usb port, one mouse for more ease of use and productivity and the card reader from the micro usb hub as a way to transfer photos from my camera to the tablet. Yes, I know I should buy a laptop but I just want to travel light and also have some Lightroom editing on the go. You can also recommend some laptops for that use, if they don't break the bank of course because I am completely clueless of which to buy. Thanks a lot in advance
    Use a bluetooth keyboard (I have two, one with a mouse emulation, there are some with trackballs) I use them rarely on the Z4 ...
    Don't use a proprietory keyboard: more expensive and less versatile.

Getting photos onto the tab: I use the remote control apps of the camera manufactures (Canon, Fuji).
    An USB OTG cable with cardreader works fine too.

For notebooks:
    I buy refurbished/demo from Lenovo or HP.