I tried doing it but I can connect to fastboot. With z3c, this was done like this:
1. Turn off your Xperia™ Z3 Compact.
2. Connect a USB-cable to your computer.
3. On your Xperia™ Z3 Compact, press the Volume up button at the same time as you connect the other end of the USB-cable. For Windows users, when asked for a driver, point to the usb_driver folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and select the Android Boot loader Interface-file.
4. When your device is connected, open a command window on your computer and go to the platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder.
5. Enter the following command:
6. Verify that you get an answer back without any errors.
This does not seem to apply on z5c. Any ideas?