FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

YouTube problem in z5c

682 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By rolo143, Senior Member on 29th December 2015, 04:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm having this problem, is really annoying sometimes when I try to play videos on YouTube it says "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" I have to reboot my phone every single time that this happens, I don't know why, it's getting really annoying, what can I do?

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

29th December 2015, 04:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
+1
I have the same problem.
suddenly, the camera stops working, and I get a message saying something like "the camera is in use by another application" message. and not in use by any application, or use a camera app third.
at the same time when the camera fails, if I put youtube I have the same error message, as if it had network, and you can not load the videos.
to me obliged to restart the terminal.
my phone is a compact Z5, yellow, it appears in the box 2.1 review.
bootloader currently open, had the installation stock, and to try to solve the problem I did a clean install of the latest version .200, with their wipes.
but the problem has resurfaced ...
any ideas?
Thank you, and happy holidays
Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to Fransis88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fransis88 Ad-Free
30th December 2015, 12:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransis88

+1
I have the same problem.
suddenly, the camera stops working, and I get a message saying something like "the camera is in use by another application" message. and not in use by any application, or use a camera app third.
at the same time when the camera fails, if I put youtube I have the same error message, as if it had network, and you can not load the videos.
to me obliged to restart the terminal.
my phone is a compact Z5, yellow, it appears in the box 2.1 review.
bootloader currently open, had the installation stock, and to try to solve the problem I did a clean install of the latest version .200, with their wipes.
but the problem has resurfaced ...
any ideas?
Thank you, and happy holidays

[/QUOTE]
I have the same camera problem. Also can't play videos on Twitter, either. It happens after a while, but the only solution I have found is to restart the device. Anyway it appears again after some time. It's really frustrating. I hope to find a solution to fix this. I'm in the latest firmware version. 200 and have an unlocked bootloader. Hope Sony fixes this in a future update. I'm waiting for a custom Rom also just to see if this problem disappears, but is a new device so I guess I'll have to wait. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks, Happy holidays!

30th December 2015, 09:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I can also confirm both of those problems, both YouTube and camera. I also have unlocked bootloader and I'm running .152 currently. Really.. REALLY annoying. I can also confirm that the streaming problem doesn't only affect YouTube, but some other apps too, for example video streaming on Relay for Reddit or Facebook videos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kallu609 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kallu609 Ad-Free
31st December 2015, 05:49 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I'm running stock (locked bootloader) and I have the problem with the Youtube app. In my case, it happens with specific videos. I thought the problem was just the site being weird, but looks like that's not it.
1st January 2016, 09:27 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallu609

I can also confirm both of those problems, both YouTube and camera. I also have unlocked bootloader and I'm running .152 currently. Really.. REALLY annoying. I can also confirm that the streaming problem doesn't only affect YouTube, but some other apps too, for example video streaming on Relay for Reddit or Facebook videos.

Yeah, it also happens on other apps, like twitter, everytime I try to play a video it says "content not available" as I said the only solution I've found is restart the device, but after some time, the problem comes back again. It's really annoying because I have to restart the device every time. But for now I'm using Chrome to play Youtube videos. Another problem I have is that I can't add chrome bookmarks on desktop, it shows empty even though i have many bookmarks (including Youtube) , so I have to open Chrome app and then access Youtube. Hope the marshmallow update fix all this. Because it's really frustrating

The Following User Says Thank You to rolo143 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rolo143 Ad-Free
10th January 2016, 08:09 PM |#7  
Flag Iowa, USA
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
I was getting the YouTube issue on every video, but clearing the phone's cache (fastboot erase cache) seems to have solved it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cassidyjames For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cassidyjames Ad-Free
10th January 2016, 08:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyjames

I was getting the YouTube issue on every video, but clearing the phone's cache (fastboot erase cache) seems to have solved it.

Thanks for this reply. I'll try wiping the cache tomorrow and will report back if it fixes the problem for me.
11th January 2016, 03:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 732

More
My cousin has the same issue on Z3 Compact, after updating to Lollipop. On Kitkat it was fine. So it's certainly not device specific.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote:

Can you do this with an locked bootloader? A bit funny though, since we did a factory reset, which would erase the cache partition.
11th January 2016, 07:16 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I cleared phone's cache via recovery but the problem appears again after a while. Is there a difference if I use fastboot command?

11th January 2016, 07:32 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 732

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo143

I cleared phone's cache via recovery but the problem appears again after a while. Is there a difference if I use fastboot command?

I see, no there's no difference. I presume it has to do something with the system, then just being easily fixable with clearing cache.
The Following User Says Thank You to madd0g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madd0g Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)