[Kernel][Sony5.x][Z5C]Zombie[12.11.16]

Search This thread

Momogs

Oct 2, 2014
Hi

I am on Lollipop (bootloader unlocked) and downloaded the Zombie-B6 zip file. I used Fastboot to flash the boot.img file. Upon restarting the phone, I am stuck in a bootloop. Can you assist please.

Thanks

Joeisgood99

Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne
I managed to get my build booting. Sony really messed up the Readme. MM brought big changes, it will take some time to get everything correctly running.

So is it :
export DIFFCONFIG=common_diffconfig
export KBUILD_DIFFCONFIG=suzuran_diffconfig
make msm8994-perf_defconfig ???

I'm reading the Readme as:
expert KBUILD_DIFFCONFIG=suzuran_diffconfig
make msm8994-perf_defconfig

Looking at the output the common_diffconfig is referenced automatically. However the later results in a build that doesn't boot for me, sticks at the screen where the apps normally load without fully booting.

Last edited:

Tommy-Geenexus

Apr 30, 2013
I live on a Stone Hill.
So is it :
export DIFFCONFIG=common_diffconfig
export KBUILD_DIFFCONFIG=suzuran_diffconfig
make msm8994-perf_defconfig ???

I'm reading the Readme as:
expert KBUILD_DIFFCONFIG=suzuran_diffconfig
make msm8994-perf_defconfig

Looking at the output the common_diffconfig is referenced automatically. However the later results in a build that doesn't boot for me, sticks at the screen where the apps normally load without fully booting.

I use the former, not sure if the common diffconfig is automatically invoked.
Sorry for the late answer btw.

Reactions: Joeisgood99

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Can I request FauxSound compatibility? As apposed to tomtom audio control which is command line based and irritating?

don_pipo

Oct 7, 2008
Has anyone a backup of Zombie b4 by any chance? :angel:
Rising a zombie from the dead back again...

florstat

Nov 27, 2018
New buils is up!

For exact details on improvements look at the OP.
I decided to release it now, as i may be busy over the next weeks.

As mentioned earlier, many improvements are included, i suggest checking my git repo to track all changes.

Important: Both Cluster are underclocked now!
Why? To keep it short, the energy usage of the SoC increases almost exponentially with increasing freqs (assuming all Cluster/CPUs are online).
Also, the manufacturing process is not optimal for high freqs because of high leakage, resulting in excessive heating.

The tradeoff of underclocking is marginally worse singlethreaded performance, however you will notice improvements both in battery-life and heat-emission.
F.e., i was able to play a demanding game without throttling for 20 minutes, while by default the throttling would hit in after less than 10 minutes.

Notice: This build does not allow any changes to the /system partition. A build with RIC disabled will follow later.
This is my personal (security-orientated) build i'm sharing here.
Hi, hope you'll read this.
I'm trying to build a custom underclocked kernel for the latest lineage available ( 14.1 ) as I noticed overheating/battery drain issues.
Do you think that just applying your patches would be enough in order to get overclock or do I need some extra step?
Are these ones those involved?
https://github.com/Sony-Kernels/and...c2417b4#diff-10e10dc2e2418a6d2d24c1a6696b8f24

Tommy-Geenexus

Apr 30, 2013
I live on a Stone Hill.
Hi, hope you'll read this.
I'm trying to build a custom underclocked kernel for the latest lineage available ( 14.1 ) as I noticed overheating/battery drain issues.
Do you think that just applying your patches would be enough in order to get overclock or do I need some extra step?
Are these ones those involved?
https://github.com/Sony-Kernels/and...c2417b4#diff-10e10dc2e2418a6d2d24c1a6696b8f24

If you want to underclock, apply the proper clk in the boot image's ramdisk init.
Overclocking is not advised, and the linked patch will not help with that.

This patch is needed for underclocking on stock Sony firmware.

This is all i can help you with, as i have retired from kernel development.

Reactions: florstat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zombie is a Kernel which extends the Xperia Z5C's capabilities.
    It is aimed at including only useful and strictly tested features, enhancements and optimisations,
    Important: I do not accept Bug reports when you are running a modified Rom or using Xposed!

Changes compared to Stock-Kernel:
    * Important bug fixes / security patches
    * CPU-Speedbin visible in debugfs node (sys/kernel/debug/msm8994_cpuinfo/*Speedbin)
    * Underclocked both Cluster to 1,344/1,536 GHz respectively
    * Custom brightness scaling (reduced min. brightness, increase max. brightness)
    * Hold Power-Button for 5 seconds to reboot into bootloader

Security Patch-Level: November

Todo:
    * -

App to check your device's Panel Manufacturer:
    SonyKitakamiPanelInfov1.0 Download

Downloads:
    Kernel Zip Package:
    Latest Build: Zombie-b9

Installation:
    * Unpack ZIP and flash Kernel via Fastboot

Sources:
    Zombie-MM Kernel Source at Github
    PanelInfo-App Source at Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    Zombie, Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Contributors
    Tommy-Geenexus
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-10-13
    Last Updated 2016-11-12
    I guess i can understand this step...

Gesendet von meinem E5823

Thank you very much I'll give it a whirl ! :D

I hope you didn't get much (or any) hate, pressure or annoyance via PM, etc.

It's a shame to see you go - your work is of clear value to the community :(

In general however I'd say it's more like the extremes are stronger,

the good is stronger - but also the negative got stronger,

sometimes it's getting (nearly) unbearable but I take it as a kind of litmus test to grow since I work in the field with people,

also one thing that can add to the pressure is if you have a high demand of yourself and your work and aren't easily satisfied to always push further.

I'm more and more learning to let go and then say "enough is enough" and take a timeout for myself (days, weeks, etc.),

having and setting up boundaries for yourself when to stop is clearly of help.

Not sure whether changes in your personal life prompted this decision (also) but I wish you all the best and that you may find hobbies, occupations that are at least equally gratifying
    (I know this does at times)

+1

Caught y'all :D

Did you guys really think i'd sell my Z5C for a Samsuck Phone?
    L00FL1RPATS1ADX succeeded.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words.

@zacharias.maladroit
    This patch fixed bcl errors for me: https://github.com/Tommy-Geenexus/android_kernel_sony_msm8994_suzuran_6.0.x/commit/5c5f8d6cf111d167b54a875bb1f9c2b6638e48c2
    May need a revisit, but for now, it seems to do the job.
    New build is up!

Everything has changed about this kernel, the main focus lies on security and stability now.
    Beware: Limited root support (/system not writeable); proprietary Exfat-module potentially broken (and i wont fix it)
    New buils is up!

For exact details on improvements look at the OP.
    I decided to release it now, as i may be busy over the next weeks.

As mentioned earlier, many improvements are included, i suggest checking my git repo to track all changes.

Important: Both Cluster are underclocked now!
    Why? To keep it short, the energy usage of the SoC increases almost exponentially with increasing freqs (assuming all Cluster/CPUs are online).
    Also, the manufacturing process is not optimal for high freqs because of high leakage, resulting in excessive heating.

The tradeoff of underclocking is marginally worse singlethreaded performance, however you will notice improvements both in battery-life and heat-emission.
    F.e., i was able to play a demanding game without throttling for 20 minutes, while by default the throttling would hit in after less than 10 minutes.

Notice: This build does not allow any changes to the /system partition. A build with RIC disabled will follow later.
    This is my personal (security-orientated) build i'm sharing here.
    A new build will be up soon, likely when 6.0 drops.
    I made many improvements over the last months, and am very satisfied with the result.

Stay tuned!