FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWRP][EXPERIMENTAL] suzuran twrp 3.0

1,369 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,401

By oshmoun, Senior Member on 12th March 2016, 01:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello people,

I was able to successfully build twrp 3.0 for suzuran (our device, duh!) and thought I'd share the recovery.img so you can test and see what works and what doesn't.
The recovery was built in a CM13 similar environment (PAC), so there might be some issues when working with stock kernel.
Since this is an experimental build (I tested main functionalities and they work, but didn't get down to the nitty-gritty), here's a small disclaimer:
By flashing or booting the attached recovery you're risking damaging you device, or losing the data on your device!
Neither I nor anyone else but YOU is responsible should any bad unintended problems appear!

If you're feeling adventurous then feel free to flash the recovery.img (along with Androplus kernel) and try the sweetness that is TWRP 3.0

Download link:
April 3, 2016 (3.0.1)
March 25, 2016
March 21, 2016
March 12, 2016

Known issues:
Temperature reading is botched
Crypto might not be working, like AT ALL
usb connection doesn't work (only if you use this recovery with Androplus kernel)

There could be more problems, which is why this is EXPERIMENTAL for now

And now let's get to the sources!
kernel:
https://github.com/oshmoun/kernel/tr...64.1.2.2_rb4.7
device sources:
https://github.com/oshmoun/device-so...an/tree/master
https://github.com/oshmoun/device-so...mi/tree/master
https://github.com/SonyCM/device-son...ommits/cm-13.0

And now to thank the people who helped in this endeavor:
TWRP team for the awesome recovery!
@nilezon for the TWRP flags (which I still need to go through to check if I missed/need anything, especially crypto flags...)
FXP team for device sources, Especially @adfad666
All of the Sony AOSP contributors, they're awesome people!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oshmoun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oshmoun Ad-Free

12th March 2016, 03:38 AM |#2  
Flag Zhengzhou
Thanks Meter: 14

More
It doesn't work on my Android 6.0 device
12th March 2016, 07:01 AM |#3  
doesn't work on sony mm, stuck at sony logo
The Following User Says Thank You to tanto124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tanto124 Ad-Free
12th March 2016, 08:11 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMaeGoo

It doesn't work on my Android 6.0 device

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanto124

doesn't work on sony mm, stuck at sony logo

Could you tell me if you have E5823 or E5803, I have an E5823 and it's working fine.
Also, are you sure you're not FLASHING the recovery.img? You need to just BOOT it directly from fastboot
12th March 2016, 08:44 AM |#5  
Flag Zhengzhou

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshmoun

Could you tell me if you have E5823 or E5803, I have an E5823 and it's working fine.
Also, are you sure you're not FLASHING the recovery.img? You need to just BOOT it directly from fastboot

E5823, version 32.1.A.1.163, bootloader unlocked, in fastboot mode, using command "fastboot boot TWRP3.img".
And it stucks at SONY logo.
The Following User Says Thank You to iMaeGoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iMaeGoo Ad-Free
12th March 2016, 09:15 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More
Quote:

E5823, version 32.1.A.1.163, bootloader unlocked, in fastboot mode, using command "fastboot boot TWRP3.img".
And it stucks at SONY logo.

this is really weird, did the MM update also change something in the bootloader in an inconvenient way?
Could you try the other recovery.img from nilezon's thread? If that boots using "fastboot boot recovery.img" then we'll know the problem is somewhere in the .img itself

EDIT: oh, also could you please check if your download wasn't corrupt? Here's the md5 hash of the file so you can check
69650eaccdd8b24a3efc0ef1b4bdffb8
12th March 2016, 09:30 AM |#7  
Flag Zhengzhou

More
Quote:

this is really weird, did the MM update also change something in the bootloader in an inconvenient way?
Could you try the other recovery.img from nilezon's thread? If that boots using "fastboot boot recovery.img" then we'll know the problem is somewhere in the .img itself

EDIT: oh, also could you please check if your download wasn't corrupt? Here's the md5 hash of the file so you can check

The img's MD5 is right.
I'll try to boot Z5C_TWRP_152_v2_nilezon on my device later.
It worked before I upgraded to MM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iMaeGoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iMaeGoo Ad-Free
12th March 2016, 12:49 PM |#8  
Flag Zhengzhou

More
Quote:

I have no idea.
Z5C_TWRP_152_v2_nilezon doesn't work on MM.
I flash Android 5.1 and try your TWRP3.0, still stuck at SONY logo(with no LED light).
Z5C_TWRP_152_v2_nilezon can work on 5.1.
Now I'm flashing MM again.
12th March 2016, 02:18 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More
Quote:

I have no idea.
Z5C_TWRP_152_v2_nilezon doesn't work on MM.
I flash Android 5.1 and try your TWRP3.0, still stuck at SONY logo(with no LED light).
Z5C_TWRP_152_v2_nilezon can work on 5.1.
Now I'm flashing MM again.

Thanks! Guess the issue lies in the MM update somewhere.
You just said that nilezon's recovery works on 5.1, but did you try it after flashing 5.1, or are you basing that statement on previous tests?
The issue here might be that you didn't downgrade the bootloader when you flashed 5.1 again, which would mean the issue will persist.
12th March 2016, 07:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hello,
I tried booting(didn't flash) with MM and it seemed to boot into recovery fine. Used it to do a cache wipe, but afterwards phone is stuck on boot screen. I can turn it off with power + volume, but it doesn't seem like I can go back to fast boot.
12th March 2016, 08:05 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4656

Hello,
I tried booting(didn't flash) with MM and it seemed to boot into recovery fine. Used it to do a cache wipe, but afterwards phone is stuck on boot screen. I can turn it off with power + volume, but it doesn't seem like I can go back to fast boot.

You should be able to go into fastboot mode by turning device off, holding vol+ button, then connecting the device to your computer through usb
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)