FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nougat [32.4.A.0.160] [.33] Stereo Soundmod [Volume/Headphones Boost] - Xperia Z5P

679 posts
Thanks Meter: 420

By arjun.arora, Senior Member on 1st December 2015, 01:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Requirements:

1. Root

2. X-plore or any other file manager with root access

Procedure:

1. Extract and replace "mixer_paths.xml" in root/system/etc

2. Change the permissions to rw-r--r--

3. Restart your mobile

Note:

I won't be responsible if anything goes wrong.
I'm also providing the stock xml file if you want to revert back to the original settings.
Thanks to AndroPlus for providing custom kernel & recovery for the Z5P Dual.

***Version 2 added with sound from both speakers in speaker mode during a voice call***
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to arjun.arora For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arjun.arora Ad-Free

1st December 2015, 03:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thanks!
2nd December 2015, 04:03 AM |#3  

More
As soon as I want to go full volume the music stops. I use music player app with podcast and I let the music play as soon as the aux cable plugs in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Killastyle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Killastyle Ad-Free
2nd December 2015, 04:55 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killastyle

As soon as I want to go full volume the music stops. I use music player app with podcast and I let the music play as soon as the aux cable plugs in.

I haven't tested it with the aux cable. The in built speaker & the headphones are working fine.
2nd December 2015, 05:07 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun.arora

I haven't tested it with the aux cable. The in built speaker & the headphones are working fine.

It seems like it goes off automatically because of security? Maybe because the device "thinks" I'm using headphones and it will damage my ears when I set the volume this high. I'm using the aux cable for in my car.
2nd December 2015, 05:15 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It seems like it goes off automatically because of security? Maybe because the device "thinks" I'm using headphones and it will damage my ears when I set the volume this high. I'm using the aux cable for in my car.

Yes, maybe so. What happens if you don't turn it up to the full volume, I mean at 90 percent volume.
2nd December 2015, 05:22 AM |#7  

More
If I turn it up to 90 there is no problem
2nd December 2015, 05:41 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If I turn it up to 90 there is no problem

Great..
6th December 2015, 12:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
@arjun.arora I just compared the original file mixer_paths.xml with your modded mixer_paths.xml, and didn't find any differences.
Can you point out what you edited ?

Best Regard's

Alex1911
6th December 2015, 08:15 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1911

@arjun.arora I just compared the original file mixer_paths.xml with your modded mixer_paths.xml, and didn't find any differences.
Can you point out what you edited ?

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Hi, I've just increased the volume of the main speaker as well as the headphones.. Kindly try it out and revert back, also backup your original mixer_paths file before replacing it..
6th December 2015, 08:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun.arora

Hi, I've just increased the volume of the main speaker as well as the headphones.. Kindly try it out and revert back, also backup your original mixer_paths file before replacing it..

i just tested your soundmod, i think the speaker's have a hardware-security-function because at full volume the speaker's are about 2 sec loud and then somehow again a bit more quiet something like a protecting feature, can't say if it is software-limited or hardware-limited.

Best Regard's

Alex1911
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
soundmod for xperia z5, volume boost xperia z5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)