Do You Want Lineage16 kernel features? tired of lineage 16 bug and want to use nougat like groovy or oreo like RR? here use my forked lineage16 kernel compiled using latest toolchain alongside with your rom for better performances and more features than rom built-in minimal kernel~
TESTED WORK PROPERLY IN GROOVY AND POSSIBLY OTHER ROM AS WELL
- CPU Governor: interactive,conservative,powersave,
- I/O Scheduler: cfq,bfq,deadline,noop,row,sio,sioplus,maple
- TCP Congestion Algorithm : cubic, bic, htcp, reno, westwood
- F2FS Support(i am using /data f2fs)
- ZSWAP,Z-RAM (lzo,lz4,deflate)
- Fsynch (disabled by default)
- Software CRC Control (disabled by default)
- Gentle Fair Sleepers (enabled by default)
- Adreno Idler (enabled by default)
- Arch Power (enabled by default)
- wq_power_saving (enabled by default)
- WireGuard VPN
What is New?:
- CPU Governor: blu_active
- I/O Scheduler: zen,anxiety
- few patch for improved performances
- Kernel name (obviously xD)
- GroovyAndroid (Nougat) (Z00T)
- Lineage16 (obviously lol)
- ResurrectionRemix (Pie) (Z00T)
Patched to get more performances without root
(patch zip included below)
(Countinous Build for Z00L and Countinous Build icey-z-Z00T for Z00T)
(XZ mean Experimental that i've used as daily kernel)
- Q: Z00L?
- A: i only have Z00T,but i did built it for you, if something goes awfull dont blame me and specify what kinda things happen (if possible, with logs too)
- Q: If i've install this on my rom, does it will cause same bug that happen under lineage16?
(For example you're using RR-6 or GroovyAndroid 7.0)
- A: No, that was rom bug under Pie custom rom we currently have that unfortunately i couldn't fix unless i find it, fix it and test whole things, i build this kernel for my personal uaage
(For example RR-7.0, Lineage16,AOSPExtended V6.0)
- Q: I Want this FEATURE
- A: sure, i'll think about it and try merge it later if i have time
- Q: Help, There is something WRONG
- A: send me your log in proc/kmsg or from log apps
- Q: What are you gonna add next?
- A: More IO, Governor, Patch, Filesystem Fixes, etc.. if i forgot something please remind me
- Q: MSM-Thermal was bugged, it keep enabling itself
- A: Dont ask me, i dunno why too.. just delete thermal.conf in system/etc/ to disable them FOREVER
- Q: Can I Use F2FS?
- A: You can, if your rom support it and also our fstab only support /data f2fs, i might modify it to support cache and system too but for me /data was enough, or you could try messing with that~
- Q: When you're gonna release kernel updates?
- A: As long i have time to do it and there is something i want to merge, since i also use this kernel as daily driver (My Phone was Z00T).
- My Unity Games Freeze after a slight Stutters!
Fix: " I/O Stats" and " add_random" set to 1 if they're 0
Fixed Issues in this kernel:
- Z00T Device Now Show Properly "Snapdragon615" "MSM8939"
(Just Try devcheck/aida64/etc if you didnt believe me)
- fixed gpu/cpu hwmon error in kernel (causing loop)
- Unity Workaround(add_random,I/O stats) for user who didnt install any root solution(example:magisk)
- Linux kernel version: 3.10.108
- Based from:Lneage16-unnoffical mg712702 minimal-branch
- Compiler Used
(XZ): GCC Experimental (ARM64) (Standard linux-gnu)
(Yata-No-Kagami): GCC Experimental (ARM64) (elf variant)
- Kernel Source:Here
Note: i am very new at xda, i apologize for this kinda awfull template for thread
- mg712702 for maintaining lineage16-Z00L/Z00T
- theimpulson for firekernel
- osm0sis for anykernel
- and lot of people that i couldnt mention here that actually contribute to kernel