[COLLECTION] Modem/Baseband Flashable zips [All Variants]

Search This thread

yogesh347

Aug 11, 2017
delhi
After flashing this modem I lost my both sim network

First things first-
What is baseband/modem?
-Baseband is a part of firmware responsible your cellular network configuration, network stability, internet settings, etc.
Do I need to update my baseband?
-Depends.... If you are facing issues like low network, call drops, slow internet, etc., upgrading baseband might help fixing it. There is always a trial and error procedure associated with baseband, try different versions and stick to the one that suites you the most.

Background info-
Asus FOTAs (official firmware zips/ota) contains a "firmware-update" package which contains critical and important firmware components like baseband/modem, aboot, tz, etc. However, custom ROMs don't include this, which means if you want to update your baseband you will need to reflash official asus ROM and then reflash your custom ROM. So I decided to make flashable zips of latest "firmware-update" of all variants and SKUs. Each zip includes entire "firmware-update" folder from respective device's official firmware.
This can also be used to recover fastboot mode provided you have access to your custom recovery.

Since there are many variants of ZF2, there is a high chance of cross flashing bootloaders and hence hard bricks, so I have revised the entire thread. Each zip contains ONLY MODEM of respective variant. There's almost no possibility of brick

Pre-requistes: A custom recovery like TWRP installed.*

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Put zip in external sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Select Install zip
4. Choose zip file and flash.
No need to wipe anything

*Experienced users can flash modem via fastboot on both LOCKED/UNLOCKED Bootloader.
Code:
fastboot flash modem <filename>.bin

DOWNLOADS (MODEM ONLY):

ZE500KL
For MSM8916 SnapDragon 410
v13.10.7.1 WW SKU
v12.8.5.229 JP SKU
v12.8.5.172 RKT SKU

ZE550KL
For MSM8916 SnapDragon 410 variant
v21.40.1220.1615 WW SKU
v1.17.40.1531 WW SKU
For MSM8939 SnapDragon 615 variant
v21.40.1220.1615 WW SKU
v1.17.40.1531 WW SKU
For MSM8929 SnapDragon 415 variant
v1.17.40.1531 WW SKU

ZE551KL
v21.40.0.1692 WW SKU
v1.17.40.1531 WW SKU

ZD551KL
v21.40.0.1692 WW SKU

ZE600KL

For MSM8929 SnapDragon 415 variant
v1.16.40.1523 WW SKU
v1.16.40.1523 WW SKU

ZE601KL
For MSM8939 SnapDragon 615
v1.16.40.1524 WW SKU
v1.16.40.1338 JP SKU
v1.16.40.1338 CN SKU

ZE500KG
WW SKU v12.8.5.227
(AFAIK, there are no variants of ZE500KG, correct me if I am wrong)

Credits-
@HampTheToker - coz it was his idea, I have just implemeted it
@Maes Dietrich - for pointing out error

Older modems will be added only by requests

I don't know how to fix my asus zenfone 2 laser(550kl)
Now I used backtostock.zip still I don't have network
After I flash custom ROM
Script successful: result(1.000)

KingNick23

Jan 11, 2018
try make some ore for all zen phone odels that would be great

make more plz support xda community.....:eek::eek::)

Last edited:

beenkenobee

Jun 14, 2010
Moto G Power
ok so i HAVE TRIED MANY THINGS TO TRY AND GET THIS PHONE WORKING ON GSM NETWORK AS I BOUGHT IT ON EBAY.
*TRIED FLASHING NON STOP MODEMS/BASEBAND TO IT BUT FAILED USING ODIN
*ALSO USED MIRACLE BOX/ZX3 BOX AND MANY OTHER BOXES TO UNLOCCK BUT FAILED
*ADD NV VALUES*UPDATED TO THE LATEST qpst AND qxdm BUT NOTHING
*ITS ROOTED AND HAS CUSTOM LINEAGE OS 13 ON IT THAT UNLOCK SOME FEATURES SOE WHAT BUT STILL UNABLE TO RUN USSD CODES OR MAKE A CALL LTE SIGNAL IS UP BUT NO REAL DATA TRANSITIONING ON NETWORK TO MAKE CALLS OR RUN USSD CODES OR HAVE THE SIM CONTACTS BEING DISPLAYED
OTHER THOUGHTS TO THIS......
EITHER CHANGE THE BASEBAND/MODEM OR DISABLE CDMA AND ADD GSM SOMEHOW !!! ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED,THANKS AND REWARDED! ;)

wrong forum.

XTprion

Jan 20, 2015
Jakarta
Hi guys. So recently I had a problem with my zenfone's Bluetooth. The settings page and toggle are working like normal, but I can't connect to any devices like smartwatches, wireless headphone or simply pair with another phone or send/receive any file. I flash several Nougat and Oreo ROM, then flash the stock one (using the flash2stock script and using stock recovery), but none of them work.

Additional information:
Phone: Zenfone Selfie (ZD551KL)
Bluetooth address: 00:00:00:00:5A:AD (looks very weird)

I don't sure when the problem occurs for the first time, coz I rarely used the Bluetooth before, but it may happen because of my old battery issues (my phone restart when my battery fall to 35%, and if it restart twice, then bootloop will occur and I should wipe data partition or simply restoring the old one). Just two week before, I bought a new wear os smartwatch and Bluetooth headphone. At first, the pairing process with my headphone is very hard, but at least it working good, and my smartwatch suddenly disconnected. Then I should clear Bluetooth data to repair it, and problem repeat, make me should reset network settings, then clear data partition, change rom, and week ago, none of that step solving my problem.

So, I don't know if this is hardware, firmware or software based issue. If I go to wrong thread, then I'm sorry. I started the thread but no one even helping me atm, so, any help in this case is highly appreciated. Thank you..

Reactions: shubh648

junnelle V

Dec 24, 2014
manila
Are these safe to flash on custom roms so i direct flash it because its good to flash on twrp or i have to flash it with stock rom stock i having a hard time on my data connection and call drop

joelespinoza

Nov 25, 2012
Might be a noob question, but if I flash one of these modems onto my phone with the stock ROM, will it sim unlock the phone so I can use it with any carrier?

salivs

Aug 13, 2018
Zenfone zb450kl

Can you upload a zb450kl? or tell me how to create "firmware-update" into flashable zip

Ganu26

Nov 17, 2018
I am new. I have a question.
Flashing these zip files only solves problem related to cellular network or it can also solve problem related to wifi and Bluetooth.

Thx

KHEMS91

Sep 14, 2015
Kurud, DMT
Dear sir, i have Asus_Z00LD and VoLTE doesn't work on it.
Can i flash VoLTE enabled modem to enable VoLTE, Does it work?

:- device is locked and unrooted.

Top Liked Posts