Thanks Meter: 8,238

By LuK1337, Recognized Developer on 18th February 2016, 02:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th August 2016, 08:03 AM |#2241  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenpaiCham

I'm confused now. So there will be two builds? One Nightly and One Snapshot?

It really depends on what you need . . .
The snapshot build are been tested and confirmed to be somehow stable, while the nightlies are completely untested automatic builds that contain all code that has been submitted to the git.
If you want the latest and greatest, and are willing to deal with possible bugs then go with the nightly.
If you value stability and dont care for the latest commits incorporated in the rom, go with the snapshot.

Hope this helps you decide which one to flash
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thesupreme85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thesupreme85 Ad-Free

17th August 2016, 06:28 PM |#2242  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Help me, boot animation changes to samsung, I have SD card, manufakter is samsung, so may be rom recognize my ZE601Kl as Samsung, sorry for my bad english, may be it`s possible to edit something to return to default CM animation?
17th August 2016, 06:43 PM |#2243  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Zamość

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_James

Help me, boot animation changes to samsung, I have SD card, manufakter is samsung, so may be rom recognize my ZE601Kl as Samsung, sorry for my bad english, may be it`s possible to edit something to return to default CM animation?

You probably:
1. Use some CM theme that replaces it.
2. Replaced /system/media/bootanimation.zip

There is no other way that you'd end up having samsung boot animation.
17th August 2016, 06:52 PM |#2244  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
LuK1337 thank you , I applied default CM theme and animation returned to my phone.
17th August 2016, 07:07 PM |#2245  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Have there been some speed improvements lately? I can't point to anything specific in the changelog, but while the phone has never been slow, lately it seems like I'm noticing an uptick here and there. Anyone else?
17th August 2016, 07:09 PM |#2246  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuK1337

It says more than 'error 7' please read the whole error message.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using XDA Labs

First of all i am using a z00UDB selfie.

skipping MD5 check: no md5 file found
Comparing TZ version TZ.BF.3.0.c3-00025 to TZ.BF.3.0
assert failed : asus.verified_trustzone("TZ.BF.3.0.C3-00025") == "1"
Update process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/sdcard1/cm-13.0-20160816-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAOOFG-ZOOT.zip'
17th August 2016, 07:14 PM |#2247  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaku

First of all i am using a z00UDB selfie.

skipping MD5 check: no md5 file found
Comparing TZ version TZ.BF.3.0.c3-00025 to TZ.BF.3.0
assert failed : asus.verified_trustzone("TZ.BF.3.0.C3-00025") == "1"
Update process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/sdcard1/cm-13.0-20160816-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAOOFG-ZOOT.zip'

flash this firmware first and you should pass the error 7 . . .

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849134
The Following User Says Thank You to thesupreme85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thesupreme85 Ad-Free
17th August 2016, 08:39 PM |#2248  

More
Unlock Bootloader
Hello everyone, I bought my Zenfone selfie by Chinese store Gearbest.com, is that it came with the SKU CN firmware, I could upgrade to a newer version by ASUS support own files, but when I did the PLAY Services he stopped working, and some applications appeared in chinese, Google Play is gone and can only download apps directly by APK and Google applications do not work, so read on the internet this is because they are banned in china, well I need unlock the bootloader and install CyanogenMod, it is my only way out for what I've been reading on the internet, it turns out that Asus's own program to unlock the bootloader does not work on my firmware version, so I had the idea to make a downgrade for a SKU firmware CN older, but do not know where to find these files, anyone could help me? For the record, I have learned to use the fastboot and adb to flash the boots, recovery and image, I need a little guidance and some files already grateful for your attention.

Olá a todos, comprei meu Zenfone Selfie através da loja chinesa Gearbest.com, ocorre que ele veio com a firmware SKU CN, consegui atualizar para uma versão mais recente através de arquivos do próprio suporte da ASUS, porém quando fiz isso o GOOGLE PLAY Services parou de funcionar, e apareceram alguns aplicativos em chinês, inclusive o Google Play sumiu e só consigo baixar aplicativos diretamente por .APK e os aplicativos do Google não funcionam, pelo que li na internet isso ocorre pois são proibidos na china, pois bem eu preciso desbloquear o bootloader e instalar a CyanogenMod, é minha única saída pelo que andei lendo na internet, acontece que o programa próprio da Asus para desbloqueio do bootloader não funciona em minha versão de firmware, então tive a idéia de fazer um dowgrade para uma firmware SKU CN mais antiga, porém não sei onde encontrar esses arquivos, alguém poderia me ajudar? Para que conste, já aprendi a usar o fastboot e o adb para fazer flash dos boots, recovery e imagem, preciso de um pouco de orientação e dos arquivos certos, desde já grato por sua atenção.
17th August 2016, 08:57 PM |#2249  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupreme85

flash this firmware first and you should pass the error 7 . . .

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849134

im not sure what happened.
Gave me error 7 one more time with cant flash over incompatible data. after i wiped it a few times and mounted the sistem partition it actually flasched gave me the same error 7 , for some reason deleted all my data on the sd card includng my backup. but it works for some reason. thank you very much
17th August 2016, 10:52 PM |#2250  

More
z00t REVIEW for ASUS SELFIE. Few feedbacks and few questions!
Hi,
My device is ASUS selfie. i have been running stock ASUS ROM for 6 months now. Now I am sick of it because stock is slow. SO thankfully I found out about CYANOGENMOD z00t for ASUS selfie and so far so good. I only started today. so here is what i did. I started august 16 so my latest build is Snapshot not nightly

-unlock bootloader/installed TWRP
-upgraded from Lolipop 5.0 to marshmallow 6 using Z00T-WW-21.40.1220.1794 (flash this first to avoid error 7)
-flash z00t cyanamogenmod
-flash gapps
-flash superSU for root

REVIEW

- Superfast
-Very Smooth
-No Lag
-2GB available RAM
-NICE UI and Interface

Problems

i found few bugs or maybe its just me

1. one time it ask me to choose sim 1 or sim2. it pop out of nowhere.. only happen once to me so far
2. I disabled some GAPPS apps from startup example Google FIT / Google Play Music,Movies&TV,Newsstand / Google Drive/ Google Maps / Google Weather/ Google Cloud Print.

Now everytime I download from google play store , the app downloads to 100% but it never installs . its stuck .. but when I clear Google Play Cache then force stop and restart it installs it. but after that again next app is stuck 100% so I have to clear cache and restart Google Play Store.
Anyone know what is causing this? Is it because I removed some GAPPS from startup?

QUESTIONS IMPORTANT PLEASE ANSWER ME THANKS )))))))!!!

1. I started CM August 16 , the latest CM release was a snapshot . Today is August 17 and a new nightly release.
What should I use? Nightly or Snapshot? Remember My current build is snapshot.
2. If I change to nightly do I have to flash the new nightly build everyday ?
3. is there OTA(Over the air) updates for Nightly or Snapshot? I am on snapshot and I searched for update it didnt detect the new August 17 nightly update. why?
4. The gapps I use has too many apps. some are google bloatware apps and i dont like. anyone have links with fewer gapps? My platform is ARM64/MM 6
5. Anyone also disable some GOOGLE APPLICATIONS? which ones are safe to delete and terminate.
6. Anyone have solutions why my downloads stuck at 100percent?

THANK YOU SO MUCH ... well done LUK1337 and team for the great CM build.
17th August 2016, 11:01 PM |#2251  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Zamość

Donate to Me
More
@DaveCarp

2. No you don't
3. Yes, they're on separate OTA channels so if you're on snapshot you won't get nightly updates and vice versa.
4. Get nano gapps

Also you don't need SuperSU for root, you can just enable it in developer options.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)