Thanks Meter: 12,632

Post Reply Email Thread
31st October 2016, 02:51 PM |#501  
Flag Ajmer
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotated Quickbits

Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik-cache then re-flash CM14.1, after that, flash Pico-GApps 7.1 and everything should be working properly

Thank you

31st October 2016, 03:33 PM |#502  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 12

More
memory management issue with 14.1..i have disabled most user apps from starting on boot but on startup free ram available is 600mb..its not an issue but with prolonged use(atleast 24 hour without restarting)available memory goes down to 200-300mb and all the apps and even animation feels laggy..android system uses the most chunk of memory which was not happening with cm 14..so pls fix this in the next build @LuK1337 ..and also locking pattern visibility issue is there..
31st October 2016, 06:01 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsenapati1

memory management issue with 14.1..i have disabled most user apps from starting on boot but on startup free ram available is 600mb..its not an issue but with prolonged use(atleast 24 hour without restarting)available memory goes down to 200-300mb and all the apps and even animation feels laggy..android system uses the most chunk of memory which was not happening with cm 14..so pls fix this in the next build @LuK1337 ..and also locking pattern visibility issue is there..

I think you should generate and post your logcat. You seem to be the only one who's getting a RAM management issue cause I have more than 1.5GB RAM free at any given time on this ROM.

It's why I keep giving props to @LuK1337 because the apps included are so minimalist and the ROM is so light, the operations are buttery smooth.

After installing all my required applications, my nandroid recovery image is never more than 2GB for this ROM! Whereas my stock recovery image is 6.3GB.

So yeah, do post your logcat
31st October 2016, 06:09 PM |#504  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Zamość
Thanks Meter: 12,632

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0maan

I think you should generate and post your logcat. You seem to be the only one who's getting a RAM management issue cause I have more than 1.5GB RAM free at any given time on this ROM.

It's why I keep giving props to @LuK1337 because the apps included are so minimalist and the ROM is so light, the operations are buttery smooth.

After installing all my required applications, my nandroid recovery image is never more than 2GB for this ROM! Whereas my stock recovery image is 6.3GB.

There's no way I am going to do anything about ram usage.
On Linux kernel less free ram is better.

http://www.linuxatemyram.com/
31st October 2016, 06:17 PM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuK1337

Like I said, I don't think you need to either. Most of us are having no problems whatsoever.

Also, didn't know that about Linux kernels, thank you for the info!
31st October 2016, 06:45 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to update this rom? just flash the latest build and reboot?
31st October 2016, 06:47 PM |#507  
Flag Bhubaneswar

More
Quote:

1.5 gb free ram seems unreal..btw check out my logcat below and tell me where m going wrong..thank you for your time mate..and about nandroid backup as it depends on installed apps your may be less because you have less apps and absolutely zero bloatware compared to stock rom..btw my backup size is 3.6 gb..
Attached Files
File Type: log logcat.log - [Click for QR Code] (4.5 KB, 14 views)
31st October 2016, 06:52 PM |#508  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 1,901

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsenapati1

1.5 gb free ram seems unreal..btw check out my logcat below and tell me where m going wrong..thank you for your time mate..and about nandroid backup as it depends on installed apps your may be less because you have less apps and absolutely zero bloatware compared to stock rom..btw my backup size is 3.6 gb..

Neither one of you guys stated which version device you have. One of you could have 2gb and the other have 3gb. Plus like the DEV said its better to use your RAM.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00L using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to bdwilk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdwilk Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 06:53 PM |#509  
Flag Bhubaneswar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuK1337

yeah..am not worried about less free ram..but yesterday my phone lagged horribly and after a restart it went back to normal..may be i have more installed app..i also had L Speed app installed for little tweaking but i removed that after this incident..currently am experiencing little hiccup when opening settings or swiping right for google cards and a tad slower response when opening any app..any suggestions??
31st October 2016, 07:02 PM |#510  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdwilk

Neither one of you guys stated which version device you have. One of you could have 2gb and the other have 3gb. Plus like the DEV said its better to use your RAM.

@Bdwilk I'm using ZE550KL, the 3GB variant of ZF2. And yes, thank you for pointing that out. It slipped my mind that this is for multiple variants! I should have asked for that.
31st October 2016, 07:05 PM |#511  
Flag Bhubaneswar

More
Quote:

@Bdwilk I'm using ZE550KL, the 3GB variant of ZF2. And yes, thank you for pointing that out. It slipped my mind that this is for multiple variants! I should have asked for that.

ya..mine is 2gb variant..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)