[ROM][OFFICIAL][Z00L][7.1] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

rrsenapati1

Oct 10, 2016
Bhubaneswar
memory management issue with 14.1..i have disabled most user apps from starting on boot but on startup free ram available is 600mb..its not an issue but with prolonged use(atleast 24 hour without restarting)available memory goes down to 200-300mb and all the apps and even animation feels laggy..android system uses the most chunk of memory which was not happening with cm 14..so pls fix this in the next build @LuK1337 ..and also locking pattern visibility issue is there..

sn0maan

May 6, 2014
memory management issue with 14.1..i have disabled most user apps from starting on boot but on startup free ram available is 600mb..its not an issue but with prolonged use(atleast 24 hour without restarting)available memory goes down to 200-300mb and all the apps and even animation feels laggy..android system uses the most chunk of memory which was not happening with cm 14..so pls fix this in the next build @LuK1337 ..and also locking pattern visibility issue is there..

I think you should generate and post your logcat. You seem to be the only one who's getting a RAM management issue cause I have more than 1.5GB RAM free at any given time on this ROM.

It's why I keep giving props to @LuK1337 because the apps included are so minimalist and the ROM is so light, the operations are buttery smooth.

After installing all my required applications, my nandroid recovery image is never more than 2GB for this ROM! Whereas my stock recovery image is 6.3GB.

So yeah, do post your logcat

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I think you should generate and post your logcat. You seem to be the only one who's getting a RAM management issue cause I have more than 1.5GB RAM free at any given time on this ROM.

It's why I keep giving props to @LuK1337 because the apps included are so minimalist and the ROM is so light, the operations are buttery smooth.

After installing all my required applications, my nandroid recovery image is never more than 2GB for this ROM! Whereas my stock recovery image is 6.3GB.

There's no way I am going to do anything about ram usage.
On Linux kernel less free ram is better.

http://www.linuxatemyram.com/

rrsenapati1

Oct 10, 2016
Bhubaneswar

1.5 gb free ram seems unreal..btw check out my logcat below and tell me where m going wrong..thank you for your time mate..and about nandroid backup as it depends on installed apps your may be less because you have less apps and absolutely zero bloatware compared to stock rom..btw my backup size is 3.6 gb..

Attachments

• logcat.log
    4.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
1.5 gb free ram seems unreal..btw check out my logcat below and tell me where m going wrong..thank you for your time mate..and about nandroid backup as it depends on installed apps your may be less because you have less apps and absolutely zero bloatware compared to stock rom..btw my backup size is 3.6 gb..
Neither one of you guys stated which version device you have. One of you could have 2gb and the other have 3gb. Plus like the DEV said its better to use your RAM.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00L using XDA Labs

Reactions: rrsenapati1

rrsenapati1

Oct 10, 2016
Bhubaneswar
There's no way I am going to do anything about ram usage.
On Linux kernel less free ram is better.

http://www.linuxatemyram.com/

yeah..am not worried about less free ram..but yesterday my phone lagged horribly and after a restart it went back to normal..may be i have more installed app..i also had L Speed app installed for little tweaking but i removed that after this incident..currently am experiencing little hiccup when opening settings or swiping right for google cards and a tad slower response when opening any app..any suggestions??

sn0maan

May 6, 2014
Neither one of you guys stated which version device you have. One of you could have 2gb and the other have 3gb. Plus like the DEV said its better to use your RAM.
@Bdwilk I'm using ZE550KL, the 3GB variant of ZF2. And yes, thank you for pointing that out. It slipped my mind that this is for multiple variants! I should have asked for that.

sn0maan

May 6, 2014
ya..mine is 2gb variant..

Then yeah man, around 600-800 available memory is the best you can hope for. Maybe cause you've the full suite of GApps your memory is getting stretched out. Most of us here use Pico GApps ie just the Play store, TTS and a few other core components, whereas you seem to be using Google Launcher, Google Now and stuff.

I dunno, I might be wrong!

rrsenapati1

Oct 10, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Then yeah man, around 600-800 available memory is the best you can hope for. Maybe cause you've the full suite of GApps your memory is getting stretched out. Most of us here use Pico GApps ie just the Play store, TTS and a few other core components, whereas you seem to be using Google Launcher, Google Now and stuff.

I dunno, I might be wrong!

not the full suite..m using nano package plus pixel launcher..and i have disabled all the system apps that i don't require..ok i don't think there is any solution to this..and my device is not always like that..i can live with that little gamble..thank you for you time..any further info deeply appreciated..

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
not the full suite..m using nano package plus pixel launcher..and i have disabled all the system apps that i don't require..ok i don't think there is any solution to this..and my device is not always like that..i can live with that little gamble..thank you for you time..any further info deeply appreciated..
Use greenify to force close your background running apps. Many apps (Facebook, messenger for example) will run in the background without you ever opening them.

Reactions: rrsenapati1

rrsenapati1

Oct 10, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Use greenify to force close your background running apps. Many apps (Facebook, messenger for example) will run in the background without you ever opening them.

i have already disabled every app from starting on boot and running in background from system settings..ok..i will try using greenify..thank you..

snehpandya18

Aug 25, 2016
I have 2GB 720p ZF2L (Z00LD) variant and mine occupies 1.4 GB out of 1.8 GB ~ works everything flawless and fine, haven't encountered any issues till now. Let me know if this memory behavior is unusual..:)

blackstar55

Jul 11, 2014
Davao City
I am using zenfone laser 5.5s which is using qualcom big.little cpu. The little should turn off sometimes but on cm14.1 its always on. And why the default governor is performance? It always caps to its maximim frequency in both big.little cpu.

Ilxaot

May 1, 2013
Parrish
please! add function in home button , recents button for screenshot .. in button power is bad ... camera asus...... depth of field, close the application .. not save in card SD...pictures, movies ... FM Radio add time out for stop..
I spent years learning your silly language yet you can't make a simple request on an English tech forum without translate. Not to mention the lack of manners, tsk tsk.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

sunilpolavarapu

Jun 17, 2016
Hyderabad
In ze550kl 3gb ram variant, unable to install bank gapps..getting error 1 while flashing..can any one installed bank gapps in cm 14.1??? If done ,tell me the process please...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-01-12-29-35.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-01-12-29-35.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 148

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Devices supported by this package :

• Officially:
      • Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KL ( Z00L / Z00LD )
      • Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KG ( Z00W / Z00WD )
    • Unofficially:
      • Asus Zenfone Laser ZE600KL ( Z00M / Z00MD / Z00MDD )
    What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led
    • GPS
    What's not working :

• Speakers don't work on ZE600KL model ( workaround )
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (ZE550KL, ZE600KL):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Credits :

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for ZF2 Laser (720p), ROM for the Zenfone 2 Laser

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-09-11
    Last Updated 2017-02-06
    Thread cleaned of the stupidity, thanks.
    No? This is unofficial build.
    Sorry Jenkins is terrible. Things were better when you built these. They shouldn't call them "nightlies" anymore. Maybe call them "every couple of daysies" let's take a vote, who wants to go back to unofficial? Haha.
    Well, it's not cause of jenkins itself. There were few data center isues and then P024 device essentially disabled build04 for 3-4 days.
    I sure can release unofficial build just give me 50-70EUR (per month) for a build server.