Z00T (ZE551KL) - Asus PixelMaster Camera for CM13

Search This thread

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
THIS IS FOR PEOPLE ON THE CM13 ROM WHO STILL WANT THE ASUS CAMERA

Just for fun I decided to make a flashable Zip for the Asus PixelMaster camera and Gallery for the Zenfone 2 laser (only tested on Z00T).

This package differs from just installing the Asus camera in a few ways:

1. It allows for the manual mode to function (it won't work if you install it from something like apkmirror.com)
  2. It includes the Asus stock gallery as well as burst functionality
  3. It is the NEWEST version of the Camera app (apkmirror only has an older one)
  4. I threw in the laser ruler just for fun :D

Flash the zip in your recovery. If you previously installed the Asus Camera already I would HIGHLY suggest you uninstall that version first.

GET THE ZIP HERE

Update: New flashable zip this time with Asus Splendid removed. I don't know why the heck I had it in there in the first place. If you have already removed splendid (deleting the system apk) this zip isn't necessary.

Also this will likely be discontinued in the near future as you can now install the Pixelmaster camera directly from the play store on CM13. It is still a slightly older version than this one though.

Last edited:

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
This works great, thanks for the Laser ruler too.
a6631b9a9e3da9a0643f40fc9f198325.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kaleshwar

ROGGGER3G

Feb 25, 2016
RIO DE JANEIRO
downloading and testing, thx for work!
obs: don´t save the photos.
No option to save in sd card
what happened?

Last edited:

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
It used to be avail, not sure. Maybe happened when the last firmware fixed the adopted storage?

sensi277

Jun 25, 2013
Awesome, thanks. One small problem, the app crashes when I try to take pictures with the front facing camera.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed when I reinstalled.

Last edited:
Reactions: deepreddevil

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
There is an update in the OP for a flashable zip that has removed the Splendid Apk. Sorry about having that in there in the first place.

Also You can save pictures to the external sd card. Upon first installing and launching the camera app, it will prompt you asking if you want to save to sd card. If you select yes it will save to external sd but in a weird location:

/microsd/Android/media/com.asus.camera/DCIM/Camera

microsd will be the name of you sd card. In my case is 689D-1613

Reactions: phaetyn

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
It didn't go trough that setup routine in my case, same as when I install it from the store.
But it's cool anyway to have the Laser Ruler back - that's NOT to be found in the store :)

Last edited:

rojocapo

Dec 11, 2011
Buenos Aires
Hi guys, I just sold my Nexus 6P and I am looking for a cheaper phone that will work well with CM13. The Laser 2 ZOOT1 dual SIM is for sale on NewEgg for $199. How well does this phone run on CM13? Are the cameras using Asus firmware with the same quality as stock or is it the crappy CM camera? Thanks for the help

mad.nexus

Dec 7, 2015
Wow thanks! I'm going to try it out and leave some feedback! You think you could make a Asus Cover flashable zip that's compatible with CM13 as well?
Thanks in advance!

HampTheToker

Hi guys, I just sold my Nexus 6P and I am looking for a cheaper phone that will work well with CM13. The Laser 2 ZOOT1 dual SIM is for sale on NewEgg for $199. How well does this phone run on CM13? Are the cameras using Asus firmware with the same quality as stock or is it the crappy CM camera? Thanks for the help
Answered your question in the CM13 thread. I bought mine from Newegg as well, and I haven't regretted it for a second. Well built phone with almost flagship tier specs. You'd be hard pressed to find a phone that packs as much bang for your buck as this one. If Asus had used a newer SoC instead of the SD615, this phone would be perfect. Still, the SD615 ain't no slouch either. It's handled everything I've thrown at it with ease. I highly doubt you could find a better phone at the $200 price point.

Reactions: lenigma1too

sagematt

Apr 13, 2015
What's the best way to uninstall Splendid if I installed from the older file you provided?

pjl3dm

Nov 21, 2010
Problems that I found after flashing this:

1) Autofocus works but never turns green to state that the camera has already focused (it is also out of sync with the focus beep, beeps first before it finishes autofocusing)
2) Manual touch focusing never turns green and seems inaccurate or doesn't work
3) We can't save to sd card, the option in the settings is grayed out to Internal storage only
4) Video recording doesn't save the video anywhere (can't even find it in internal storage), it doesn't write anywhere after recording since my internal storage size remains the same after video recording.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS FOR PEOPLE ON THE CM13 ROM WHO STILL WANT THE ASUS CAMERA

Just for fun I decided to make a flashable Zip for the Asus PixelMaster camera and Gallery for the Zenfone 2 laser (only tested on Z00T).

This package differs from just installing the Asus camera in a few ways:

1. It allows for the manual mode to function (it won't work if you install it from something like apkmirror.com)
    2. It includes the Asus stock gallery as well as burst functionality
    3. It is the NEWEST version of the Camera app (apkmirror only has an older one)
    4. I threw in the laser ruler just for fun :D

Flash the zip in your recovery. If you previously installed the Asus Camera already I would HIGHLY suggest you uninstall that version first.

GET THE ZIP HERE

Update: New flashable zip this time with Asus Splendid removed. I don't know why the heck I had it in there in the first place. If you have already removed splendid (deleting the system apk) this zip isn't necessary.

Also this will likely be discontinued in the near future as you can now install the Pixelmaster camera directly from the play store on CM13. It is still a slightly older version than this one though.
    This is my way to save photos to external SD card

1. Flash zip from first post
    2. Update Asus camera from Play Market
    3. Stop Asus Camera. Move folder /system/app/AsusCamera to /system/priv-app (Used Solid Explorer, because it correctly handling /system RO-RW state)
    4. Add this line to /system/build.prop

Hello. This worked for me on ZE500KL with latest RR rom - v 5.8.3. I do have a problem with Asus Gallery that it shows the photos from sdcard in preview mode but after I click on one of them to open, it crashes. Please help.
    same gallery issues in latest RR N
    Save Photo to SD

This is my way to save photos to external SD card

1. Flash zip from first post
    2. Update Asus camera from Play Market
    3. Stop Asus Camera. Move folder /system/app/AsusCamera to /system/priv-app (Used Solid Explorer, because it correctly handling /system RO-RW state)
    4. Add this line to /system/build.prop
    Code:
    ro.epad.mount_point.microsd=/storage/sdcard1
    It is necessary for the correct access to AsusGallery from AsusCamera

5. REBOOT

Worked for me on Zenfone Selfie (Z00T) // RessurectionRemix 5.7.3-20160904
    This works great, thanks for the Laser ruler too.
    a6631b9a9e3da9a0643f40fc9f198325.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk