FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root zs570kl 8.0 with magisk

127 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By dcraffam, Senior Member on 30th May 2018, 04:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Download the magisk manager and patched boot file install apk.... fastboot flash boot patched-boot.img ... And you will have root my device also passes saftey net test


I have uploaded the stock boot, patched boot, and magisk apk
 
 
30th May 2018, 04:13 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Magisk files
Patched boot stock boot and magisk apk for 8.0 oreo
Attached Files
File Type: zip patched_boot.img.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.07 MB, 214 views)
File Type: zip boot.img.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.70 MB, 156 views)
File Type: apk MagiskManager-v5.7.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.89 MB, 208 views)
2nd June 2018, 10:01 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Good try
I tried your patched boot img but the phone went into a boot loop. re-flashed your stock boot img ok, back to normal (not rooted) pity I really needed Magisk back as the ads are killing [email protected]
2nd June 2018, 11:45 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiewaterdragon

I tried your patched boot img but the phone went into a boot loop. re-flashed your stock boot img ok, back to normal (not rooted) pity I really needed Magisk back as the ads are killing [email protected]

Thats wierd i know for shure thats the right boot becasue it made it on my phone and i uploaded it but try to download the magisk manager apk and patch your own boot image and see if that works thats all i did and flashed it with fast boot im using a couple magisk modules to one for face unlock i do t know why they wouldn't include it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180602-154120.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	4516815  
3rd June 2018, 01:37 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
No magic in my oreos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcraffam

Thats wierd i know for shure thats the right boot becasue it made it on my phone and i uploaded it but try to download the magisk manager apk and patch your own boot image and see if that works thats all i did and flashed it with fast boot im using a couple magisk modules to one for face unlock i do t know why they wouldn't include it

tried that still no luck is your phone a 2.15 non pro?
3rd June 2018, 08:15 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiewaterdragon

tried that still no luck is your phone a 2.15 non pro?

Yes and it's on stock 8.0 try to flash TWRP and flash like that
4th June 2018, 08:22 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
there is no magic left
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcraffam

Yes and it's on stock 8.0 try to flash TWRP and flash like that

I have twrp works great, still bootloop after flashing patched_boot.img.
could you run this command sequence to see if you phone is the same as mine?

PS C:\Users\norma> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\Users\norma> fastboot devices
GAAZCY06B681E99 fastboot (If connected shows device number and connection mode)
PS C:\Users\norma> fastboot oem device-info (check phone status)
...
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen disabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
(bootloader) Device oem_adb_enable: 0
(bootloader) Uart status: disable
OKAY [ 0.077s]
finished. total time: 0.080s

thanks in anticipation
7th June 2018, 09:20 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
cts verification fails even with your patched boot
how did you do??
8th June 2018, 04:35 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder.

cts verification fails even with your patched boot
how did you do??

IDK bro it's wierd I was on the stock boot read this quote and I checked to see if it will pass it failed maby because I had twrp installed but I flashed magisk zip and it passes now that's the only thing I'm doing when I mess my phone up which happens a lot I fix it in fastboot mode with the 8.0 update_image file found in the stock 8.0 Oreo thread if that's making a difference but I don't know
8th June 2018, 04:37 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiewaterdragon

I have twrp works great, still bootloop after flashing patched_boot.img.
could you run this command sequence to see if you phone is the same as mine?

PS C:\Users\norma> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\Users\norma> fastboot devices
GAAZCY06B681E99 fastboot (If connected shows device number and connection mode)
PS C:\Users\norma> fastboot oem device-info (check phone status)
...
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen disabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
(bootloader) Device oem_adb_enable: 0
(bootloader) Uart status: disable
OKAY [ 0.077s]
finished. total time: 0.080s

thanks in anticipation

My phone reads exactly the same as yours
11th June 2018, 05:19 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
MAGIC in MAGISK is MAGICAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcraffam

My phone reads exactly the same as yours

Oh the pain, the agony. I got magisk working. Had to do a full Data-Cache-Dalvik wipe, Oreo came up clean, ran TWRP 3.2.1 via Fastboot boot then used the phone to flash itself. Then flashed Magisk installer all good.
Except that I lost data and my apps and titanium backup was on the phone so I lost that for recovery. All the legal apps came down via Google Play but still lost about 60 apps. Used titanium to access apps stored in Nandroid and got most of them back. still fixing up apps with Lucky Patcher, will get there soon I hope.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faceunlock, other hacks with magisk modules

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes