2) McFy
3) Rophoe
4) captaincrook
5) Mrkblo
6) koimir
7) fluiz
8) cl3i550nBR

@HexAndBoon, how about you?

I just saw this thread. I am up to it too.
My Zoom is getting slower since the last update, 2019/05 I believe.

It is a pretty decent piece of hardware that could work for more 2 or 3 years with a good and light rom.
I am planning to use it until it is possible and it would be ideal to change phone only when G5 network is a reality.

I know this list is old and some people might have changed theirs minds, but...

1) geos_
2) McFy
3) Rophoe
4) captaincrook
5) Mrkblo
6) koimir
7) fluiz
8) cl3i550nBR
9) jf_derzi
10) x_berzerker (as seen on the previous post)

Last edited:

cl3i550nBR

Nov 10, 2015
Bahia
I just saw this thread. I am up to it too.
My Zoom is getting slower since the last update, 2019/05 I believe.

It is a pretty decent piece of hardware that could work for more 2 or 3 years with a good and light rom.
I am planning to use it until it is possible and it would be ideal to change phone only when G5 network is a reality.

I know this list is old and some people might have changed theirs minds, but...

1) geos_
2) McFy
3) Rophoe
4) captaincrook
5) Mrkblo
6) koimir
7) fluiz
8) cl3i550nBR
9) jf_derzi

do you still have hope?

McFy

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2016
Angers
mcfy.fr
I'm still in! Let me know what the next step is.
Maybe it's time to create an online pool where everyone can give some money. I can create one and if we never hit the money needed I will refund everyone.
You can trust me I won't do anything to smear my name.
If I create one I am open to know which method to collect money is the best like:
- no fees
- open to all country
- safe
So I tought about the PayPal one but there is conversion fees, which is coherent so you will have to tell me if I must do it in euro (€) or usd ($)

I am waiting from your news and hope this project will finally get alive as we never have been as close as this point to make it beginning !

Btw I found 2 Zenfone 3 zoom used but in decent condition on a french website for 160/170€, I will talk with the sellers to see if the price can get discounted.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: JF_Derzi

JF_Derzi

Jan 5, 2015
Belo Horizonte
Maybe it's time to create an online pool where everyone can give some money. I can create one and if we never hit the money needed I will refund everyone.

Yesterday morning I sent PMs to everyone that once wrote something on this thread.
I also told about the idea on Telegram groups. I will check FaceBook to see if there is any page about Asus, Zenfones or Zoom specifically.

Great idea about the pool.
Unfortunately, I have no experience on crowd founding sites and I can't suggest any.
I will read about it. All I know is that kickstart is always popular, don't know about the fees or refund.
Maybe this link helps us: Best 2019 crowd funding sites.

geos_

Dec 28, 2018
1) geos_
2) McFy
3) Rophoe
4) captaincrook
5) Mrkblo
6) koimir
7) fluiz
8) cl3i550nBR
9) jf_derzi
11) predatorian
12) Neo-k8

@McFy this is the one I have, 127EUR + 4 EUR shipping, shipped from Spain (ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom ZE553KL 5.5 Inch 5000mAh 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 625 Octa Core 4G Smartphone - Black) so that in France it would be within days:

https://www.banggood.com/ASUS-ZenFone-3-Zoom-ZE553KL-5_5-Inch-5000mAh-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1376203.html?rmmds=search&ID=6157193&cur_warehouse=ES

ONLY 33 pieces left!

@Rophoe, @captaincrook @Mrkblo @koimir @fluiz @cl3i550nBR @JF_Derzi @x_berzerker @predatorian @Neo-k8

@McFy, please go with whathever funding institution suits you, I'm ready, just let us know. let's start this as soon as the price is that low. For those in Europe an alternative is that you share your bank account number in IBAN format and then it will be SEPA money transfer within Europe which is costless. but it must be SEPA from one bank to another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) geos_
    2) McFy
    3) Rophoe
    4) captaincrook
    5) Mrkblo
    6) koimir
    7) fluiz
    8) cl3i550nBR
    @HexAndBoon, how about you?
    Through what method can we fund? I can pony up some of the money.

@captaincrook, i'm open for suggestions but the fact that @McFy has dedicated support through Paypal for that kind of activities biases me to that direction. but first let's find out if we can gather enough people to make such commitment real.

so far:
    1) geos_
    2) McFy
    3) Rophoe
    4) captaincrook
    5) Mrkblo
    6) koimir

let your colleagues and friends know if they own that device, maybe they would like to participate too.
    Hi, guys.

There are 11 people willing to share the costs.

I found only new ones on eBay. Expensives.
    Nothing on AliExpress.
    And this one in Amazon, renewed. About USD 159.

159 / 11 = 14.50 USD per person.

Could we go on and start this?

I would like to hear so thoughts because if this custom Rom is not happening I may move to a Mi 9.
    Hey, I am here to find way to bring you Lineage OS. If you really want it just collect a donation to pay an used/ a new zenfone 3 zoom. Then a dev can work on it.

If you wish I can do this job and participate to the coast of the device.

Up to you guys
    @geos_
    I just wanted to give my suggestion for a platform I use often.
    I don't have the phone, I was just thinking of buying it as a travel phone because of the large battery but the lack of custom rom stopped me.
    I may participate with the founding later on though.

From my experience if you first decide the platform and set up the bounty and put a link in the first post then new people would pop-up and the money on the plate would increase. "Manual" lists are not very practical. Just my 2c