[RECOVERY][TREBLE] TWRP Recovery for Zenfone 3

Search This thread

fcbn98

Apr 20, 2017
Well, that's normal.
Since you're going to make a new /vendor partition of about 1024mb, /data should be deleted & recreated in order to give some space to the new partition.
Also, what do you mean with "can be resized to the wrong size"?
The tool is pretty stable tho. Can you give more info such as model (ex. ZE552KL 4/64), script version (ex. 4.3b) & other?
Thanks.

I am at fault here. I haven't followed the instruction to WIPE the data after repartitioning, so my /data became 16GB. After re-running the script and following the WIPE instruction, my /data is back to 50+GB.

Mael_RadecFR

Aug 6, 2015
What the **** is that ? omg i want to kill myself i lost all my files
i missclick on treble enabler so i pushed Volume down to cancel but i don't know what happened I didn't managed to go back, and continued to pushed Volume down and i guess it did the partition and i lost everything......
now i'm stuck in a bootloop, omg i should have stay on android 8.1...
can someone help me ? I just want to go back on Oreo now

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

I tried to flash a rom but when i reboot system it reboots on recovery and i'm stuck.... Please help me !!!

Last edited:

JDFaustinoooo

Mar 13, 2017
What the **** is that ? omg i want to kill myself i lost all my files
i missclick on treble enabler so i pushed Volume down to cancel but i don't know what happened I didn't managed to go back, and continued to pushed Volume down and i guess it did the partition and i lost everything......
now i'm stuck in a bootloop, omg i should have stay on android 8.1...
can someone help me ? I just want to go back on Oreo now

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

I tried to flash a rom but when i reboot system it reboots on recovery and i'm stuck.... Please help me !!!

Flash twrp provided in lineageos16 then go to treble enabler, restore your partition. Clean flash rom

Apr 21, 2015
How can i disable TREBLE, i can't boot my phone, /vendor files have problem, i only can boot into TWRP and fastboot.

download original software

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

How can i disable TREBLE, i can't boot my phone, /vendor files have problem, i only can boot into TWRP and fastboot.

sonradan ismine baktım kardeş orjinal yazılım yüklemen lazım yoksa düzelmez orjinali yükle daha sonra en son twrp yi yükle bölümlendirme ye gerek yok onu düzelttiler daha sonra treble falan fark etmiyor istediğini yükleyebilirsin

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
you need to flash the phone, with original / factory raw firmware (Android Oreo)

read this guide --> https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-231025-1-1.html

and just download the firmware, and then using the Asus Flash tool, restore your phone to 'original Asus' firmware.

after that, you can also follow guide to unlock the bootloader & flash custom ROM

Apr 21, 2015
Thanks dude, i recovered my phone. Also, do you have the latest build of Pixel Experience for zenfone3? I can't find it at download.pixelexperience.org , thanks.

selam aleyküm pixel rom durduruldu android 8 ve 9 için şuan devam eden yani güncelleme alabileceğin arrow ve posp rom var ikiside güzel rom android pie şarj çok güzel posp v2.3 dene bence

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks dude, i recovered my phone. Also, do you have the latest build of Pixel Experience for zenfone3?
I can't find it at download.pixelexperience.org , thanks.
I never tried Pixel Experience and you're right, it's not available at download.pixelexperience.org .
( the whole device tree has been removed )

the last stable release was 2019-03-14
and you can find source-code here --> https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_asus_zenfone3

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
selam aleyküm pixel rom durduruldu android 8 ve 9 için şuan devam eden yani güncelleme alabileceğin arrow ve posp rom var ikiside güzel rom android pie şarj çok güzel posp v2.3 dene bence

Hocam Android Q bu dediğiniz ROM'lar için yayınlanınca geçerim, Şükür ki Pixel Experience ROM'u buldum ve telefonuma yükledim. Evet diğerleri de güzel ancak ben tam stok Android deneyimi istiyorum, bu nedenle Pixel Experience kullanıyorum; ancak Android Q yayınlandığında Android Q'ya geçeceğim. Umarım Pixel Experience Q, ZenFone 3 için gelir.

Per the forum rules, please make sure that you post in the English language:
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a TWRP fully Treble-ready with "Treble enabler" option in order to repartition safely the device.

Features:

• TWRP fully Treble-ready;
    • Maintained with latest TWRP version;
    • Fully compatible with non-Treble devices - can be used as normal without Treble partitioning;
    • USB-OTG fixed
    • Has 'TWRP survival' function for automatically re-installing TWRP recovery when installing ROMs and kernels;
    • Adds a "Treble enabler" option that allows you to repartition your device in order to support Treble.
      • Has the option to shrink userdata to create Vendor partitions. All relevant partitions will be resized and formatted in one go.
      • If you shrink Userdata, it will ERASE DATA AND INTERNAL STORAGE COMPLETELY - but your device will stay compatible with all existing non-Treble ROM's

Instructions

• Flash the recovery.
    • Reboot Recovery
    • Optional - Use the "Advanced > Treble enabler" option for repartition option.

If you opted to repartition for Treble, you are ready to flash a Treble ROM/Vendor pack.

About TWRP survival

TWRP survival is a simple hook that detects if a boot.img will be installed and restores TWRP after it's flashed. This only works if you have booted TWRP with Tissot Manager 2.0 from a real recovery boot - NOT from a recovery 'hot boot' (fastboot boot method).

You will see in the install log if a TWRP survival attempt is successful in the flash text output.

Automatic TWRP survival works when:
    • Flashing a ROM ZIP (or AIO) with TWRP
    • Flashing a boot.img in TWRP "Install Image" mode

Automatic TWRP survival does NOT work when:
    • Flashing a boot.img via fastboot
    • Restoring boot in a TWRP backup
    • Any other way of flashing a boot.img

In these cases, be sure the use the TWRP Installer immediately after flashing or restoring a backup - otherwise you may get the device into a confused state (especially if you restore a non-TWRP boot then try to install an AIO ROM without installing a new TWRP first).

Download

https://zenfone3-dev.gitlab.io/recovery/twrp-treble/

FAQ

Q) After I flash TWRP, I get kicked into fastboot when trying to boot the ROM!
    A) Your kernel is not Treble-compatible.

Q) How do I update TWRP?
    A) Just flash the ZIP installer again, then Reboot Recovery. Note that this will erase Magisk on BOTH slots if you have it installed to either, requiring you to reflash it to one/both slots. See my Treble guide FAQ section for more info on Magisk interaction.

Q) My PC can't see the MTP (storage) device from TWRP!
    A) For dualboot compatibility, MTP is automatically disabled at various points. Just enable it manually in the Mounts menu to get access.

Q) If I shrink Userdata for Treble, will stock and OTA work?
    A) I have heard varying results on this. It does for some, not for others. Please assume that this will NOT work.

Q) Can I restore a non-Treble TWRP backup after I repartition for Treble? And the other way around?
    A) Yes!

Q) I see "Failed to mount '/system' (Device or resource busy)" red error in TWRP after flashing a ROM
    A) You can safely ignore it. You just need to reboot recovery before you can flash anything else (like Gapps) to this ROM.

Thanks to:
    @CosmicDan for his files for Tissot Manager & this thread template
    @makorn645, @planet9, @Oki for Party

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Recovery for Zenfone 3, Tool/Utility for the Asus ZenFone 3

Contributors
    Giovix92, makorn645,
    Source Code: https://github.com/Giovix92/android_device_asus_zenfone3/tree/twrp-8.1

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20190312
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-12

Created 2019-03-12
    Last Updated 2019-03-12
    [QS said:
    ;79165451]Works fine for me, data is correctly resized even with multiple changes from normal to treble and back...

Can't seem to wipe /cache partition.

Anyone knows why?
    A bugfix release will be coming along with the next LineageOS build.
    But then I see no difference from a "normal" ROM ported specifically to a device. Should not Treble support be able to use them on several different devices?

For example, should not I be able to go to the AEX Treble download area and use it on ZF3? If it would not be the same as having to wait for a dev port AEX to ZF3.

I'm really confused lol
    What do you expect? It's still in an early stage of porting. Some device specific bits still run from /system. GSI's may work but I doubt anything will work properly.
    And I don't plan of supporting GSIs anyway.
    Currently nothing much ( updated proprietary bits + vendor image taken in place )
    Maybe in the near future when everything is in place. I'll seperate Vendor image from builds ( noticable smaller updates )
    Also, when vendor img will be split from the ota package, with (if necessary) some adjustments we can flash GSI ROMs easily. :)
    Great work guys!! Waiting for vendor partition, for some tests!
    Well, repartition works fine. After repartition a new /vendor partition of 1024mb will be made.
    Although, you'll loose your data (apps+personal). So make sure to do a full backup of your device.