[email protected] post the root guild for zenfone 3.
I translate his article to English version.
I didn't try this method yet, but I think it should work.
If you want to root your zenfone 3, you can following this guide to root your device.
[Update] All-in-one zip (unlock App+driver+adb+fastboot+twrp+SuperSU.zip) :
Firstly, you should use the following official unlock tool to unlock Boot-loader.
[Update] If you want to receive OTA notify, you should use Un-official bootloader unlock method.
Un-official bootloader unlock method
After you unlock your device, you can download the TWRP recovery image, and follow the guide to root your device.
TWRP recovery img ：https://mega.nz/#F!kl8lmKRL!ZbLvz1b4YgLMr_n09vRrTA
twrp-3.0.2-Z012D.img (TWRP for ZE552KL)
twrp-3.0.2-Z017D.img (TWRP for ZE520KL)
If your device is ZE552KL, then you should download twrp-3.0.2-Z012D.img + dot.supersu
If your device is ZE520KL, then you should download twrp-3.0.2-Z017D.img + dot.supersu
If you want to build recovery image by yourself, you can clone the git source tree, and compile by yourself.
How to root your device:
1. Boot your zenfone 3 to boot-loader mode (you should firstly turn the phone off, then press and hold the volume up and power buttons )
2. Install android tools on your pc. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979)
3. Connect your mobile to PC, then use following command to flash TWRP image to your zenfone.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-xxx.img
5. After boot into TWRP recovery, select "keep system read only" in TWRP recovery menu.
6. Use following command to push .supersu file into /data .
adb push dot.supersu /data/.supersu
adb sideload SuperSU.zip
8. reboot and enjoy your rooted device.
PS. If you got OTA notify, you can flash the stock image to un-root your device.
Stock boot.img and recovery.img files can be find in following URL: