FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nougat is coming

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By whiteze, Member on 9th January 2017, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
http://m.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3...news-22631.php
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whiteze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whiteze Ad-Free

10th January 2017, 02:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
EDIT: The official announcement post has been taken down, I have contacted ASUS officially and am awaiting a response.

EDIT 2: I just got an email back from them, contents were as follows:
Quote:

Dear [redacted],

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is [redacted] and I understand that you are having issue with the Android 7.0 Nougat update.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and I’ll be more than happy to help you in getting this resolved.

Unfortunately ASUS offices within the United States and Canada cannot comment on post from other regions, The ZE520KL and ZE552KL are not our NA region phones at the time.

I would pass the case to the Global Product team and would contact you once they provide me the related information.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again for assistance.

Best Regards,
[Redacted]

EDIT 3: ASUS on the Android Nougat update for the Zenfone 3: "The update is currently on hold".

EDIT 4: What ASUS knows, ASUS does not tell...
Quote:

Hello [redacted]

After checking, we will release the Android N release schedule as soon as possible, please pay attention on our official news.

Please make note of your case number for future reference: [redacted]

Regards,
[redacted]

EDIT 5: IT'S HERE!!!

Original Post is as follows:

TL;DR

* Nougat already released in Philippines (official source, taken down - see above), worldwide release likely in the works.
* Update available for ZE550KL and ZE552KL (Zenfone 3 5.2" & 5.5")
* Notification panel, system UI and ZenUI Keyboard overhauled, more translucency and more stock-like UI in addition to standard Nougat additions

Screenshots:

Screenshot 1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sensi277 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sensi277 Ad-Free
10th January 2017, 03:30 AM |#3  
Flag PVJ
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Anyone has an direct link for full ROM? I checked Asus website, it's still not up in their download page.
10th January 2017, 05:50 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherninja

Anyone has an direct link for full ROM? I checked Asus website, it's still not up in their download page.

If/when I get the update (I'm in Canada, so might take a while) I'll try to capture the URL for the OTA for ZE552KL. No promises for the full ROM link.
The Following User Says Thank You to sensi277 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sensi277 Ad-Free
10th January 2017, 05:54 AM |#5  
Flag PVJ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi277

If/when I get the update (I'm in Canada, so might take a while) I'll try to capture the URL for the OTA. No promises for the full ROM link.

Thank you! OTA would be enough as currently, I'm in the latest version FW (WW 152). BTW, can you share on how to capture the OTA link from System Update? Who knows I get it first (I'm in Indonesia), I will try to also share the link here.
10th January 2017, 07:07 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherninja

Thank you! OTA would be enough as currently, I'm in the latest version FW (WW 152). BTW, can you share on how to capture the OTA link from System Update? Who knows I get it first (I'm in Indonesia), I will try to also share the link here.

There are plenty of tutorials online, you can do it over ADB or (maybe?) a network packet sniffer.
10th January 2017, 03:43 PM |#7  
Flag PVJ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi277

There are plenty of tutorials online, you can do it over ADB or (maybe?) a network packet sniffer.

I just tried to find the update with VPN and use the server from Philipines, still no luck...
10th January 2017, 04:26 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
im from the Philippines and i still dont have the ota.they say .it will be rolled out tomorrow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamROOTX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamROOTX Ad-Free
12th January 2017, 12:07 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Still waiting for the OTA

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk
12th January 2017, 01:58 PM |#10  
Flag PVJ

More
Seems like it's a fake news...
12th January 2017, 05:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4