Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-Z01K-20171011.img
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
4. Root / backup ... and profit !

Download link:
https://twrp.me/asus/asuszenfone42017.html
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620764455

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for ZenFone 4 (ZE554KL), Tool/Utility for the Asus Zenfone 4 (2017)

Contributors
shakalaca, shakalaca
Source Code:
https://github.com/teamwin/android_device_asus_Z01K
https://github.com/shakalaca/android_device_asus_Z01K

Version Information

Created 2017-10-21
Last Updated 2017-11-07
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shakalaca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakalaca Ad-Free

6th November 2017, 02:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi , would you please tell me how can I "reboot and install again" ?
Since the touch screen is not working , I restart the phone by pressing the power key a few second . Restart the whole process for more then 10 times but the touch screen is still not working .
The Following User Says Thank You to mkmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkmonkey Ad-Free
7th November 2017, 02:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 518

Donate to Me
More
ASUS messed up the touch screen by updating the firmware nearly in every version, I suggest you upgrade to the newest ROM and flash twrp again. For reboot just issue ' adb reboot ' ..

May I know your firmware version ?
The Following User Says Thank You to shakalaca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakalaca Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 11:40 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakalaca

ASUS messed up the touch screen by updating the firmware nearly in every version, I suggest you upgrade to the newest ROM and flash twrp again. For reboot just issue ' adb reboot ' ..

May I know your firmware version ?

Hi , thank you for your suggestion .

I can't get the firmware version in the hardware information section , so I bet the software version will work as well ? Actually , I just updated my phone few days ago , so I think I'm already in the latest version .
( maybe this one ? )

After entered the TWRP , no matter ADB or Fastboot has no response , so the only way to reboot is to press the power key for about 10 seconds .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171108-193435.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	4326663  
The Following User Says Thank You to mkmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkmonkey Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 12:29 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 518

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmonkey

Hi , thank you for your suggestion .

I can't get the firmware version in the hardware information section , so I bet the software version will work as well ? Actually , I just updated my phone few days ago , so I think I'm already in the latest version .
( maybe this one ? )

After entered the TWRP , no matter ADB or Fastboot has no response , so the only way to reboot is to press the power key for about 10 seconds .

Can you try this one ?
The Following User Says Thank You to shakalaca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakalaca Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 12:43 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakalaca

Can you try this one ?

Yes ! It works !

Thank you so much for your help !
9th November 2017, 12:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Root and OTA
Hi,

If I used your unofficial bootloader unlock method and install TWRP and root, if I want to get the next asus OTA update, can I unroot and download the full firmware from the ASUS wesbite and install it even though I have the bootloader unlocked? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajtuberino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajtuberino Ad-Free
13th November 2017, 09:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hi. I want to have root but I want to know how you get OTA or how to get back to stock ?
The Following User Says Thank You to raber111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raber111 Ad-Free
26th December 2017, 02:21 PM |#9  

More
Sorry , it's me again . Just a few hours ago I roll back to stock system , and perform the OTA update . After that I've root with the system again the system keep going into the recovery and cannot return to android system . Is there anyway I can return to the normal andoird system ? Thank you .
28th December 2017, 12:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmonkey

Sorry , it's me again . Just a few hours ago I roll back to stock system , and perform the OTA update . After that I've root with the system again the system keep going into the recovery and cannot return to android system . Is there anyway I can return to the normal andoird system ? Thank you .

If still on TWRP recovery copy the full ROM (downloaded from ASUS, do not unzip, just copy the zip) to a SD card or to internal memory of the phone, reset to factory from within TWRP and perform an install. Worked for me. First boot takes ages
The Following User Says Thank You to AP756 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AP756 Ad-Free
28th December 2017, 03:37 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP756

If still on TWRP recovery copy the full ROM (downloaded from ASUS, do not unzip, just copy the zip) to a SD card or to internal memory of the phone, reset to factory from within TWRP and perform an install. Worked for me. First boot takes ages

Well , I've tried this at the very beginning , but no luck . Seems the recovery is corrupted and keep stuck in it .

Finally , got a .img reocvery image , flash it via TWRP and the system resumes normal , at least it is working for me now .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)